U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So, what the heck's gonna happen to Sarah Palin now?
She値l continue to serve future terms as Governor of Alaska. 39 26.00%
She値l fade into obscurity. 27 18.00%
She値l continue to be the butt of political jokes for the foreseeable future. 40 26.67%
She値l soon be forgotten. 24 16.00%
She値l move up in the political world. 15 10.00%
She値l run in 2012. 12 8.00%
She値l have a future in national politics. 18 12.00%
She値l be the face of the Republican party. 5 3.33%
She値l be thrown under the bus by McCain and/or the Republicans. 31 20.67%
None of the above/Don稚 know/Other 8 5.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,748,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
LMAO....I harbor no ill will whatsoever towards McCain.He chose his army,picked his battle lines and fought his fight(without honor this time,but it was HIS fight to fight as he saw fit).

Palin on the other hand IMO is a complete and utter idiot who was just a puppet.She believes she is of superior intellect and she's trying to play a game while not even knowing the rules.I sincerely hope she fades into obscurity where she belongs for all the hate and fear mongering lies she told during the election,BUT I would be just as glad to see her as the new face for the repub party because it will insure easy victories for the dem side while she is.GO SARAH YOU BETCHA GOSH DARN IT'.
You're a partisan puppet. LOL Sarah, on the other hand, is loyal to her country, not any political party; she'll take on anyone whom she feels is wrong, regardless of political affiliation--as it should be. She believes she's of superior intellect? LOL Put the proof right here. The only hate I saw in this campaign--aside from people like you--is Obama's video dishonoring McCain while he was a POW. That was disgraceful and that it wasn't denounced by his followers shows the gutter mentality to which our nation is succumbing. We're right where we should be and our time has come. Congratulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,468,714 times
She's about as insubstantial as former Vice President Dan Quayle. And just see how bright his political future became!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 AM

3,326 posts, read 7,734,229 times
I think the jokes will end very soon, if they haven't already. It was childish on the media's part how they were prepping her to be the next Dan Quale.
She'll be governor of Alaska, then possibly go on to run for a senate position there, where she could end up in Washington. I'm not so sure about her trying to run for one of the top two tickets again.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 AM

4,046 posts, read 5,326,242 times
Remember that thread some time ago that was encouraging people to vote for Obama because his win would be the only way Palin would pose for Playboy? I actually thought about that when I got up this morning. Is that next? I wouldn't mind seeing that. Let's face it--she's a pretty physically attractive lady!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:36 AM

27,903 posts, read 34,368,633 times
After 4 years of Carter Jr. II......There will be another 20+ year of reign from republicans again as they are reminded of the good ole $10/gallon gas days. So I see a real conservative winning in 2012 may be her may not.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:39 AM

4,585 posts, read 10,818,053 times
I didn't care for her from the get go her politics are not mine. Just because she was a woman didn't mean I would vote for her.

I really don't know what her future will be. Because of her slant on issues that are important to me I doubt I could ever support her in any election.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:52 AM

1,965 posts, read 2,421,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Palin on the other hand IMO is a complete and utter idiot who was just a puppet.She believes she is of superior intellect and she's trying to play a game while not even knowing the rules.I sincerely hope she fades into obscurity where she belongs for all the hate and fear mongering lies she told during the election,BUT I would be just as glad to see her as the new face for the repub party because it will insure easy victories for the dem side while she is.GO SARAH YOU BETCHA GOSH DARN IT'.
Agreed. She acted like a vindictive b**** during most of her campaign, despite being so far out of her league. I believe she may have p***** off a lot of people, who in turn, will not accept her in any sort of national role in politics.

On the other hand, if they still love her up there in Alaska (not sure what her approval ratings are looking like these days...anybody know?), maybe she'll be elected into the US Senate, in which case, we'll all have to hear more from her in the future.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:19 PM

9,334 posts, read 19,430,498 times
I wonder what or who she will be drilling when she gets home...

poor Todd

drill baby drill

(humor)

Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 11,748,120 times
I can see her running for Congress (either Senate or House seat) in Alaska. A 2012 presidential bid just isn't in the cards IMO. But 2016? Maybe.

I don't think she'll be thrown under the bus. She has strong conservative ideals. They can't fault her for that. She's basically what they need but she needs more experience in Washington dealing with issues realative to the lower 48.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,789,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
she will be the future of the Republican party, perhaps she could run for president next time, yes it is possitive she will move up in the political world.

I dont think she will be the future of the Rep party but I do think she is now on the map and has doors open for her .

Only those with blinding hate for her dont want to see it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or