U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:56 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,533,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And I saw the typo when I posted but I didn't think I needed to go back and change it; figured everyone would figure it out. There's a difference between a typo and not being able to spell, space and punctuate correctly. The former is a slip of the fingers, the latter shows a lack of knowledge/education.
I thought you had nothing left to say?

Was your entire OP a typo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
How sad. I have nothing left to say.
Weird. You had a bunch of stuff to say before.

Quote:
Do you remember the polls before Reagan won? Like Obama said, you guys need to not get too cocky. Maybe start on some antidepressants in the next few days so they have a chance to start working before Nov 5th. That could prevent a lot of suicides.
Quote:
I agree completely. I think the Democrats may be crying in their beer on Nov. 5th. Their hatred has made Republicans even more determined to vote and has turned off some independents who may have voted for Obama. And then there are the PUMAs.
Quote:
It's not that they are embarrassed. They are throwing off the polls. Let you think Obama is going to win by a landslide. And then on election day - the joke's on you!

Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,307,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesweet View Post
Every single person here should be upset with the price of elections. It's a complete waste of money and it gets worse every year. Where are we going to draw the line? Both candidates wasted huge amounts of money, and that's THE issue.
Excellent point. Rep points for you. With all the talk about the economy, the candidates should have turned those millions over to help wherever possible. I know--it would never happen. But it's nice to hope.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:22 AM

49 posts, read 86,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
Excellent point. Rep points for you. With all the talk about the economy, the candidates should have turned those millions over to help wherever possible. I know--it would never happen. But it's nice to hope.
Maybe if we would all start to concentrate on the real issues instead of being dazzled with the smoking mirrors, we could really see hope for change.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:40 AM

25,841 posts, read 39,055,622 times
The OP is right!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:09 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,542,521 times
It's just a reality - Obama bought this election with apparently ill-gotten contributions. When you purposely disable AVS and other safeguards on your donation website to encourage illegal donations, there can be no doubt that is just what they were hoping for.

With all those donations, he is then able to fund his massive advertising and ground game.

Of course, his willing accomplices in the media did their part and turned a blind eye.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Old 11-05-2008, 12:20 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,549,135 times
I truly never thought so many Americans would fall for shiny coins tossed at them.....but I was wrong.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,877,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's just a reality - Obama bought this election with apparently ill-gotten contributions. When you purposely disable AVS and other safeguards on your donation website to encourage illegal donations, there can be no doubt that is just what they were hoping for.

With all those donations, he is then able to fund his massive advertising and ground game.

Of course, his willing accomplices in the media did their part and turned a blind eye.
Isn't it about time for you to stop lying. Nobody is buying it..

Obama outsmarted the Republican machine. Repubs always made Dems play by their rules but Obama changed the game and crushed them!

So keep hating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:

Somehow your analysis is not believable. Look your all your previous analysis.

Quote:
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Why Obama is in Trouble

A good read - especially for the Bots, who will need to understand why The One lost. This will help them to prepare.
Quote:
Absolutely! Ignore the Liberal MSM and their polls - this is just a tactic of theirs and the obama campaign to try and influence and convince voters that it is a foregone conclusion - so don't bother voting.

McCain could very well win PA. That whole region, including parts of VA, IN, OH, MO, PA are going to come out for McCain/Palin. Go back and look at the primaries in these states, county by county - Obama lost in a landslide against Hillary.

Why is Obama going to Iowa this weekend? And Palin? Based on the polls, it should be a lock for Obama - it isn't. Both of their internal polls tell a different story - that's why they pay these private pollsters, who have a great deal of respect and credbility within that community, hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars.

The media is trying to sell you a story - don't read it.
Quote:
It just came out - give it time.
Quote:
Three weeks ago, an AP-GfK survey found that Obama had surged to a seven-point lead over McCain, lifted by voters who thought the Democrat was better suited to lead the nation through its sudden economic crisis.

Striking - six points in a week.

I can practically guarantee you - it will change.
Quote:
I wonder if obama would distance himself from Alexus - I'm thinking yes. You're the type of person that will LOSE obama this election. Most people don't like snobby A**es.
Quote:
Quote:
This morning you lost. The map was 274-259 McCain. So there. You lose, I win.
Quote:
He will need more than colorado while keeping ALL the blue states from 2004 to win.

McCain can give him CO, NM, IA, VA while picking off MI &NH - McCain wins.
Quote:
Yeah, yeah, I guess that's why the polls all show a virtually tie?

The kook-left and the blacks adore obama, as well as the media.

Thankfully, they are not enough to elect him.
Quote:
Some of those toss-up are silly. obama will not win NC, Fl, MO, IN. So put those in McCain's column and you can throw that map out.
Quote:
3 of those ARE regular dem states. He won't win Florida.

If he loses either MI or PA, it will likely be over for him. Those are blue states. If McCain wins either picks off either MI or PA, he likely wins.

This scenario gives Obama CO,NM,IA,VA. McCain picks off PA. Everything else remains the same color as 2004.

And this scenario, I'd rather not see. McCain picks off MI instead of PA and we have tie. A VERY likely scenario. If he can pick up NH&MI, McCain wins.

Last edited by person; 11-05-2008 at 12:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or