U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 AM

477 posts, read 585,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Nevermind I thought you understood the stock market. You are now ahead for the dumbest post this week.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Dumb posts seem to be a trend for the dims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM

1,551 posts, read 1,790,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Obama supporters predicted a rise in the markets today (go to the business forum for an example). It ain't happening, what they've been told all along is happening: the markets don't like obama. Companies are already announcing cuts before his tax increases take place. obama is a cross between hoover, carter and maybe hitler as far his ability to delude masses goes.
You just likened Obama to Hitler. You are an insane person.

Well, I understand why the markets might have initially like McCain better - CEOs would be prepared to be all fat and happy and rolling in their millions. But when there is no one in a financial position in the middle class to BUY good and services, what then?

The markets will come around. Obama is going to be a good thing. I understand you don't buy that, but what would it HURT to give him the benefit of the doubt? You have the choice to either stew in your own bile and be hateful or open yourself to the possibility that this COULD be a good thing.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, it was very close. He only got about 52 percent of the popular vote. That's close. The polls were within the margin of error. The market fell at times there were strong signs of obama in the lead, went up as those strong leads fell.
yeah, 52% but you leave out mccain's number which is 46% - that's REALLY not too close.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:22 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,097,805 times
Let's just put it in pespective.

The DOW is still up from last week, even with today's fall.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5ED...=on&z=m&q=l&c=

BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
We are just repeating you guys but instead of Bush it will have Obama's name attached
Um, no. In the beginning, i gave Bush a chance. But we have had 8 YEARS of that idiot. We have a right to make the informed statement that he is a grade-A Screw up. Obama hasn't even taken office yet and you're just rigidly against him no matter what! That's just nonsensical.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Nevermind I thought you understood the stock market. You are now ahead for the dumbest post this week.
why do you have to be so personally insulting?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:27 PM

878 posts, read 1,888,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
You just likened Obama to Hitler. You are an insane person.
He compared Obama's oratory skills to Hitler. While the comparison is obviously flawed (Hitler didn't need a telepromptor), he wasn't comparing their social or foreign policies (many of which are remarkably similar).

Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,489,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Let's just put it in pespective.

The DOW is still up from last week, even with today's fall.

^DJI: Basic Chart for Dow Jones Industrial Average - Yahoo! Finance

BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do the same and give the last 8 years credit or your post is worthless.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:29 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,489,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Um, no. In the beginning, i gave Bush a chance. But we have had 8 YEARS of that idiot. We have a right to make the informed statement that he is a grade-A Screw up. Obama hasn't even taken office yet and you're just rigidly against him no matter what! That's just nonsensical.
He practices failed policies which none of them are new....You didn't do well in history did you?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
He compared Obama's oratory skills to Hitler. While the comparison is obviously flawed (Hitler didn't need a telepromptor), he wasn't comparing their social or foreign policies (many of which are remarkably similar).
Oh so now YOU'RE comparing him to Hitler? What the hell is wrong with you people? Look at Bush - if you have draw ANY likeness between an American President and Hitler, (which is ridiculous in ANY case) I think he'd be first in line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or