U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:05 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,785,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
pssst...little secret for you...BUSH DIDN'T MAKE MISTAKES...HE LIED INTENTIONALLY AND MADE A FORTUNE FOR HIS CRONIES. HIS VP IS A MONSTER!!!!!

I think your to kind when it comes to Cheney . I agree Bush LIED about Iraq when it came to everything else he was out of his league just inept.

I still would vote for him over la la land Gore any day . Obama isnt even in office yet and some hail him as the Messiah some as a failure . Jury is still out on him as he hasnt stepped into the office yet.

Country voted for change lets see if we get them. Speeches I dont count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 03:10 PM

945 posts, read 1,774,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Here's the transcript of his speech last night...Transcript: 'This is your victory,' says Obama - CNN.com

I suggest you read it...read it carefully. Your thread is an outright lie & unless you don't know how to read & comprehend, I suggest you retract your statement. Everyone else, do you know how to read? Then read his speech & tell me where the OP got this misinformation, I challenge you.

I watched his speech. So sorry if what you supply does not match what he said.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:13 PM

3,855 posts, read 11,743,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So why did McCain run such an amateurish, nasty campaign?
My personal opinion? Remember the straight talk express that was all about McCain telling it how it is and telling people about where he stood on the issues? I think the GOP derailed it. I think that they didn't want to support him because he wasn't leaning far enough right. If you want to get the support of the party you have to walk the line. Walking the line means standing behind W. Standing behind W makes one very unpopular with more than half the people in the country. And if he didn't walk the line he wouldn't have gotten the financial support for his campaign. So he was screwed from the outset.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:13 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,648,697 times
The fact that he was upfront about it shows that the next 4 years will NOT be like the last four. Him being able to admit his inexperience as opposed to pretending like he knows what he is talking about or flat out lying like the current administration and McCain, makes him the better man for the job already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
I could not believe in his acceptance speech that Obama says he will be making lots of mistakes and take many missteps and will have to learn as he goes. Isn't that what all the Republicans were trying to tell the Democrats. Now Obama picks this time to admit it.

I thought we wanted change. If Obama is going to make one mistake after another, that seems like 4 more years of the same thing.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:19 PM

26,297 posts, read 17,198,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
My personal opinion? Remember the straight talk express that was all about McCain telling it how it is and telling people about where he stood on the issues? I think the GOP derailed it. I think that they didn't want to support him because he wasn't leaning far enough right. If you want to get the support of the party you have to walk the line. Walking the line means standing behind W. Standing behind W makes one very unpopular with more than half the people in the country. And if he didn't walk the line he wouldn't have gotten the financial support for his campaign. So he was screwed from the outset.
Well, I call thay selling out. You reap what you sow.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM

16,935 posts, read 22,198,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
The fact that he was upfront about it shows that the next 4 years will NOT be like the last four. Him being able to admit his inexperience as opposed to pretending like he knows what he is talking about or flat out lying like the current administration and McCain, makes him the better man for the job already!
He wasn't up front about it. Remember all the talk about them trying to softly disappoint? He's known a long time he can't do what he promised, but he kept campaigning with those promises...he's worse than bush in that regard.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:29 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,724,357 times
Quote:

You're not very smart are you?

What was posted is what is called a transcript. That means it is word for word what he said last night.

Maybe you heard what you WANTED to hear. Ever think of that?

Old 11-05-2008, 03:32 PM

493 posts, read 623,998 times
He's been saying that he will not be perfect and that there would be mistakes along the way ALL ALONG! Now you take the time to listen, when you have no choice BUT to pay attention... just sad sad SAD!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:43 PM

436 posts, read 1,439,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocano View Post
Most the voter are black people, they just vote for him because they want a black president
....you do realize that black population makes up for 14% of the US population. If Bush got voted for eight years in office, I am sure Obama will get eight as well. I only hope he proves everyone wrong, its a good thing Im not president of this great nation.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:45 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,825,042 times
Quote:
Yeah, I watched his speech too. And that speech is exactly word for word on that transcript. If you don't believe it, tough. Sounds like you need to get your ears cleaned & the little fairies in your head telling you things released.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or