U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM

594 posts, read 936,120 times

Advertisements

Biden tried to tell everyone he wasn't ready to be President, but no one listened.

What really scares me is that Obama won because of two things: 1) black pride and 2) white guilt. Maybe he'll make a great POTUS. I sincerely hope he does. But this election was all about emotion, and that's dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:50 AM

2,150 posts, read 2,309,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
I could not believe in his acceptance speech that Obama says he will be making lots of mistakes and take many missteps and will have to learn as he goes. Isn't that what all the Republicans were trying to tell the Democrats. Now Obama picks this time to admit it.

I thought we wanted change. If Obama is going to make one mistake after another, that seems like 4 more years of the same thing.

There's always at least one permanent anti-Obamamite in the crowd...

His learning mistakes will be far, far better than the industrial-strength screw ups Bush committed, and the super-industrial strength ones McCain would have inflicted...

Ability is far, far more important than experience... Obama will surround himself with plenty of experienced people - so don't worry your little mind.

Cut the guy some slack and stop your b***ching...

Old 11-05-2008, 07:50 AM

1,836 posts, read 2,887,945 times
people, stop whining.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 AM

956 posts, read 1,107,911 times
For my fellow McCain supporters, let's be above this stuff. We're bigger than this, we're smarter than this, and we're classier than this.

He's trying to be humble, he trying to begin delivering unity for the country, let's try to help him do that.

I do my best not to lower myself to the standards set by others before me. I didn't want Obama to be our President, but he's going to be.

So let's give him a chance and if he fails and lets us down, we'll boot him out. That's what's so great about this country. We are an impatient people and if he doesn't live up to his promises, he doesn't get a second chance.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 AM

5,129 posts, read 4,778,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymew View Post
I find it ironic and stupid that we vote anyways... When the electoral votes decide the outcome anyways...

My husband and I were saying the same thing last night. We live in NJ and it ALWAYS goes Dem so our vote really means nothing.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:02 AM

5,129 posts, read 4,778,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
For my fellow McCain supporters, let's be above this stuff. We're bigger than this, we're smarter than this, and we're classier than this.

He's trying to be humble, he trying to begin delivering unity for the country, let's try to help him do that.

I do my best not to lower myself to the standards set by others before me. I didn't want Obama to be our President, but he's going to be.

So let's give him a chance and if he fails and lets us down, we'll boot him out. That's what's so great about this country. We are an impatient people and if he doesn't live up to his promises, he doesn't get a second chance.

Okaaaaaaaay mom I'll try. LOL

No really you are right because I really do believe that his butt will be gone in 4.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:20 AM

43 posts, read 88,603 times
Quote:

While I will stand by Obama because he will be pres in Jan, I still think the American people might have made a big mistake.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 AM

1,551 posts, read 1,788,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your postings do not contribute to the thread. You may think them humorous, but they are very childish..
Actually, they contribute quite a lot. They ridicule the RIDICULOUS fear-mongering of the Republicans on this forum.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,747,266 times
All he said is that he will make mistakes.

EVERYONE makes mistakes. He is human, not a computer.

This is another far reached attempt to unvalidate Obama. Pathetic this is all you Republicans have had for the last several months. Desperation.

The public has spoken, get over it.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 AM

11 posts, read 11,154 times
Can we re-vote ?
I think I hear he said "... may take 2 terms to change ..." so he wants to stay in 2 terms ??? OMG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or