U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:13 AM

3,238 posts, read 7,968,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Yep. I was SHOCKED!

I hope the guy does well. We all should. It is us that will suffer if he doesn't. He did not give me any confidence at all with what he said. Between him and Biden saying we will be attacked within 6 months, I don't have a lot to be confident in. Let's hope he is a quick learner.
Barak Obama is an extremely intelligent and well educated man. During his campaign he has surrounded himself with smart, knowledgeable, experienced people -- hence his great campaign. There is no reason to believe he won't do the same thing as President. Bush's main problem was the idiots he listened to. A President can only be as good as his advisors.

And yes, even those of us who did not vote for him should hope he does well. We are the ones who suffer if he doesn't. Saying "I told you so" is a empty reward for chaos and collapse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:15 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,697,261 times
He definatly had a nervous look in his eyes last night like "Damn, now what the hell do I do next. Not even a year in the senate and I started campaigning for president. I hope they don't lynch me when I ********** thing up".

But the cool thing about him being president is, everthing that goes wrong for the next 4 years we can blame the Democrats.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 AM

21,567 posts, read 14,362,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
He definatly had a nervous look in his eyes last night like "Damn, now what the hell do I do next. Not even a year in the senate and I started campaigning for president. I hope they don't lynch me when I ********** thing up".

But the cool thing about him being president is, everthing that goes wrong for the next 4 years we can blame the Democrats.

This is exactly why Repuglicans have been rejected everywhere, and its more than this appalling ignorance you proudly display, its the mental illness that makes Repuglicans, and their faithful followers like you, kill and maim with reckless disregard and think somehow you are doing something good.

May an orange jumpsuit and federal prison await those leaving the White House

Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 AM

32,427 posts, read 17,766,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your postings do not contribute to the thread. You may think them humorous, but they are very childish..
Actually, it WAS funny because it illustrates how childish and ignorant *a select few* McCain supporters have become on the DAY AFTER the election.

While McCain showed himself to be a man of respect at his speech conceding defeat and to try and be a part of the solution, others on this board are unable and/or unwilling to live up to his behavior

You have cried and complained, twisted the truth and now are promising the world will end because your candidate did not win.

Sorry you lost, but your posts are only showing this forum your true colors.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:29 AM

12,388 posts, read 11,633,720 times
Quote:
I could not believe in his acceptance speech that Obama says he will be making lots of mistakes and take many missteps and will have to learn as he goes. Isn't that what all the Republicans were trying to tell the Democrats. Now Obama picks this time to admit it.
He will learn quicker than McCain....Oh wait he was president before wasn't he!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 AM

32,427 posts, read 17,766,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post

You are using a common Psychology 101 phenomenon called projection. You are projecting on to Obama your own emotions. Using the word lynch indicates your level of intelligence.

Then you go on to show you are looking forward to "blaming" the Democrats. You are a hater, and that is all you look forward to in the next four years.

You reminds me of the Christian Right. It's not Jesus that is the problem, it's his fan club.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:35 AM

1,369 posts, read 3,355,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
You are using a common Psychology 101 phenomenon called projection. You are projecting on to Obama your own emotions. Using the word lynch indicates your level of intelligence.

Then you go on to show you are looking forward to "blaming" the Democrats. You are a hater, and that is all you look forward to in the next four years.

You reminds me of the Christian Right. It's not Jesus that is the problem, it's his fan club.
Yea like Jeramiah Wright.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 AM

25,881 posts, read 39,166,424 times
Quote:
I could not believe in his acceptance speech that Obama says he will be making lots of mistakes and take many missteps and will have to learn as he goes. Isn't that what all the Republicans were trying to tell the Democrats. Now Obama picks this time to admit it.

I thought we wanted change. If Obama is going to make one mistake after another, that seems like 4 more years of the same thing.
1507 days of trying to back down from what he had promissed and more blaming Bush for all the mistakes he will do....

Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 AM

25,881 posts, read 39,166,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is exactly why Repuglicans have been rejected everywhere, and its more than this appalling ignorance you proudly display, its the mental illness that makes Repuglicans, and their faithful followers like you, kill and maim with reckless disregard and think somehow you are doing something good.

May an orange jumpsuit and federal prison await those leaving the White House
Wow...you sure sound harsh and what would you suggest should be happening with Obama's associations...Rezko, Ayers...who have proven to be criminals!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,121,585 times
Quote:

I thought we wanted change. If Obama is going to make one mistake after another, that seems like 4 more years of the same thing.
Can someone point him saying this out in the transcripts to me?

I don't have the will to read through it - I skimmed through it but did not see this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or