U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:04 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,600,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
AGAIN, as no one will answer, then why were you people all over Palin for no experience? Why didn't Obama and you admit he had no experience PRIOR to the election? Simple questions. Why can't you answer them?
The simple answer IS - unless they have already been President - THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE BEING PRESIDENT AND LEARN ON THE JOB!.

McCain has no experience being President either, and would be learning on the job if he had won.

I, personally, never railed Palin for inexperience, I railed her for being uneducated and unable to hold a basic conversation on policy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 01:04 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,759,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Palin's "executive experience" was as major of a town of 20,000 people. You didn't catch that item on her resume? You're happy to let her go from that to one heartbeat from the Presidency? That's nuts.

Obama: US Senate, Illinois State Senate, Harvard Law, Columbia Univ. He actually lives in a city. He's actually been in Washington, D.C. He's actually been out of the country.
Well, obviously he's a elitist.
You know many 'murkins want uneducated fools to run the country.
They lost this time.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:05 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,725,131 times
Quote:
AGAIN, as no one will answer, then why were you people all over Palin for no experience? Why didn't Obama and you admit he had no experience PRIOR to the election? Simple questions. Why can't you answer them?

His work experience and record are public. Whether or not he had experience for the presidency is subjective. There is no concrete evidence that indicates what is not and what is proper experience for the presidency. It is up to each individual to determine what they think proper experience is.

In my opinion, I want a candidate with less Washington experience. To me, that means they have had less time to be bought and corrupted my lobbyist.

I find it sad this is all you can take from his speech last night. Even Republicans are saying that his speech was impressive.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:05 PM

26,297 posts, read 17,203,969 times
Quote:
Because it is a very stupid question. First of all, he never said that in his speech last night. Second of all, Obama is brilliant whereas Palin has a delusion that she is.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,498,388 times
Quote:
I could not believe in his acceptance speech that Obama says he will be making lots of mistakes and take many missteps and will have to learn as he goes. Isn't that what all the Republicans were trying to tell the Democrats. Now Obama picks this time to admit it.

I thought we wanted change. If Obama is going to make one mistake after another, that seems like 4 more years of the same thing.
The nonsense continues....what presidential candidate who has never held the office before, has experience being president?

Think. You status says that you are praying for yourself.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 PM

945 posts, read 1,774,264 times
Quote:
Palin's "executive experience" was as major of a town of 20,000 people. You didn't catch that item on her resume? You're happy to let her go from that to one heartbeat from the Presidency? That's nuts.

Obama: US Senate, Illinois State Senate, Harvard Law, Columbia Univ. He actually lives in a city. He's actually been in Washington, D.C. He's actually been out of the country.

You left out her governorship. I don't think she or Obama is qualified to be President. I am just amused at how your side changes it's tune constantly, depending on the day. Your side can have it one way, but the other can't. It's simple.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM

26,297 posts, read 17,203,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The nonsense continues....what presidential candidate who has never held the office before, has experience being president?

Think.
You sir or madam have done the unthinkable...you used logic and common sense.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM

945 posts, read 1,774,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
In my opinion, I want a candidate with less Washington experience. To me, that means they have had less time to be bought and corrupted my lobbyist.

Well then you should have voted for the ticket with Palin.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:15 PM

3,031 posts, read 8,301,364 times
Quote:

Ok, the election is over but I feel I have to point this out:

Barack Obama was running against John McCain, NOT Sarah Palin. And judging by what I saw of McCain last night, I'm willing to bet he'll still be very much alive and kicking in 4 years so no, I don't think Sarah Palin was any closer to the Presidency than Joe Biden will be.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:19 PM

7,450 posts, read 5,801,644 times
Quote:
Then why didn't Obama admit he had no experience BEFORE he was elected. Why did he and all his supports say he did and why did they get on the VP choice on the other side about not having enough experience. How come you guys are playing it both ways?
Please go back into any of my personal statements and point out where I myself stated Obama had experience. I have always maintained that I really don't care how much experience he has, just about his stances on the platforms and how he will perform. I don't care if he's never stated before that he had no experience, and I don't care what other supporters say. I'm not playing both sides, like you're claiming I am.

Also note that I never got on Palin about her inexperience, mostly on her stances and blatant corruption (No matter what a panel of people that she appointed said)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or