U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:29 PM

10,478 posts, read 13,868,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
I could not believe in his acceptance speech that Obama says he will be making lots of mistakes and take many missteps and will have to learn as he goes. Isn't that what all the Republicans were trying to tell the Democrats. Now Obama picks this time to admit it.

I thought we wanted change. If Obama is going to make one mistake after another, that seems like 4 more years of the same thing.
Here's the transcript of his speech last night...Transcript: 'This is your victory,' says Obama - CNN.com

I suggest you read it...read it carefully. Your thread is an outright lie & unless you don't know how to read & comprehend, I suggest you retract your statement. Everyone else, do you know how to read? Then read his speech & tell me where the OP got this misinformation, I challenge you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Can someone point him saying this out in the transcripts to me?

I don't have the will to read through it - I skimmed through it but did not see this.
I just posted the transcript of his speech. You'll notice, this was never said. Some people have comprehension problems.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 PM

26,762 posts, read 17,358,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
That hasn't mattered to Dems re: Bush for the last 8 years, so don't expect it to matter to Reps re: Obama for the next 4.
pssst...little secret for you...BUSH DIDN'T MAKE MISTAKES...HE LIED INTENTIONALLY AND MADE A FORTUNE FOR HIS CRONIES. HIS VP IS A MONSTER!!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He has less experience in government than McCain did, that's for sure.
So why did McCain run such an amateurish, nasty campaign?

If that is what he has learned by all of his experience in government and rubbing elbows with the Neocons, then good riddance and farewell John McCain.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:37 PM

16,960 posts, read 22,280,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So why did McCain run such an amateurish, nasty campaign?

If that is what he has learned by all of his experience in government and rubbing elbows with the Neocons, then good riddance and farewell John McCain.
He wasn't delusional like the obomination is. He ran a realistic campaign, osama turned himself into some people's messiah and will destroy his career, thankfully, when he disappoints them all.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
I was not an Obama supporter. But he is our President now and as such, I will support him (even while I work to vote him out of office in 2012--LOL!)

But I listened to his speech last night and I didn't see nervousness or doubt in his eyes. Where do you get that from? I don't really think he's going to deliver on 80% of what he's promised but the man is a gifted orator--no question about that. I only hope it doesn't come crashing down on him after he takes office. This country can't take another set of failures by our Commander-in-Chief. Also, as he doesn't have near the charisma of a Bill Clinton, if he does have to break campaign promises, I don't see his supporters sticking with him, as Clinton's did.

I wish him the best but I do fear the worst.
If you take his impeccable campaign strategy into consideration, I think you should be feeling a bit more optimistic. Obama is brilliant and I do not detect an evil streak. He has been praised by everyone that has worked with him. His Harvard professor stated that Obama has "laser-like focus" and always picks the right people for a job. He has inherited a swamp, so things will not happen over night. His organizational abilities are outstanding and today sources are saying that his campaign was most likely the best run in American history. I think that we will all benefit from his Presidency. Just the optimism that is palatable across the country is amazing.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:51 PM

Anyone read that transcript I posted yet?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He wasn't delusional like the obomination is. He ran a realistic campaign, osama turned himself into some people's messiah and will destroy his career, thankfully, when he disappoints them all.
realistic based upon what? His campaign was filled with fear mongering hateful propaganda and lies. McCain pushed real issues on the back burner and when he did address issues, he used a joke like "Joe The Dumber Plumber." His was not an honorable or dignified campaign. Palin was not a thoughful, responsible decision as a possible VP. His campaign had Rovian tactics fingerprints all over it. It was the right wing that attached the name Messiah to Obama. Well, I do not see how things could get worse...we were on the edge of a cliff and now we've been saved from a fate of our government being once again hijacked by thieves and liars.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Anyone read that transcript I posted yet?
Oh, you know they will never admit the error.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:01 PM

117 posts, read 151,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I am sick so I went to sleep before the speeches did he really say this?
The opening:
Quote:
PRESIDENT-ELECT BARACK OBAMA: If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.

Its the answer told by lines that stretched around schools and churches in numbers this nation has never seen; by people who waited three hours and four hours, many for the very first time in their lives, because they believed that this time must be different; that their voice could be that difference.
I thought this was noble of him:
Quote:
I just received a very gracious call from Senator McCain. He fought long and hard in this campaign, and hes fought even longer and harder for the country he loves. He has endured sacrifices for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine, and we are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader. I congratulate him and Governor Palin for all they have achieved, and I look forward to working with them to renew this nations promise in the months ahead.
I think this is where people kind of go "What?":
Quote:
There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who wont agree with every decision or policy I make as President, and we know that government cant solve every problem. But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you, especially when we disagree. And above all, I will ask you join in the work of remaking this nation the only way its been done in America for two-hundred and twenty-one years - block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by calloused hand.
I found this quote comical:
Quote:
Let us remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House - a party founded on the values of self-reliance, individual liberty, and national unity. Those are values we all share, and while the Democratic Party has won a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress.
Self-reliance? Yet taking from the rich to give to the poor? :P Kind of contradictory. He needs to teach a man to fish, not give him free food and expect him to know how to manage and survive off of it.

Closing sentence:
Quote:
Yes We Can. Thank you, God bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.
Obama believes in God

Edit:

Oh yeah... here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_141194.html

Text and speech on video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or