Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Wow...you sure sound harsh and what would you suggest should be happening with Obama's associations...Rezko, Ayers...who have proven to be criminals!

Ayers, at least, is no longer a criminal. He contributes well to his community and is a great professor. However, like I said numerous times, I don't really care who Obama associated with, just his positions on the issues. That's why I voted for him. And I held no illusions about his experience. I know he doesn't have that much, but neither did Lincoln.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:45 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
I was not an Obama supporter. But he is our President now and as such, I will support him (even while I work to vote him out of office in 2012--LOL!)

But I listened to his speech last night and I didn't see nervousness or doubt in his eyes. Where do you get that from? I don't really think he's going to deliver on 80% of what he's promised but the man is a gifted orator--no question about that. I only hope it doesn't come crashing down on him after he takes office. This country can't take another set of failures by our Commander-in-Chief. Also, as he doesn't have near the charisma of a Bill Clinton, if he does have to break campaign promises, I don't see his supporters sticking with him, as Clinton's did.

I wish him the best but I do fear the worst.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:46 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Ayers, at least, is no longer a criminal. He contributes well to his community and is a great professor. However, like I said numerous times, I don't really care who Obama associated with, just his positions on the issues. That's why I voted for him. And I held no illusions about his experience. I know he doesn't have that much, but neither did Lincoln.
Geez! Heaven help us!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
Isn't that what anybody who was honest that had never been President would say? Would it be better if he lied and said that he knows exactly what it takes to be President and his Presidency would be one success after the other. I mean, he only stated what everybody else knows so at least, at this point in time, we know he is being honest with us and that is what he has promised to do. Whether he's right or wrong, he will be honest with the American people about his Presidency. He recognized in his speech that he is a servent of the people and it is the people that he is accountable to.
Very well said! People just can't over the fact that Obama has won and will pick apart his every last word in the next few days to minimize this win. All I can say is "victory" is the ultimate satisfaction!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
I could not believe in his acceptance speech that Obama says he will be making lots of mistakes and take many missteps and will have to learn as he goes. Isn't that what all the Republicans were trying to tell the Democrats. Now Obama picks this time to admit it.

I thought we wanted change. If Obama is going to make one mistake after another, that seems like 4 more years of the same thing.

Having a President who admits he makes mistakes will be a MAJOR change. And nobody ever corrects a mistake until they admit they made one.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
You are using a common Psychology 101 phenomenon called projection. You are projecting on to Obama your own emotions. Using the word lynch indicates your level of intelligence.

Then you go on to show you are looking forward to "blaming" the Democrats. You are a hater, and that is all you look forward to in the next four years.

You reminds me of the Christian Right. It's not Jesus that is the problem, it's his fan club.

That is the thing I enjoy so much about liberals. They are very easy to shake up. And when I used the word lynch, I knew that would really affect there politically correct world.

Relax, it's only politics and they don't really care that much about you.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM

42 posts, read 136,214 times
He will not be lynched. He will be impeached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
He definatly had a nervous look in his eyes last night like "Damn, now what the hell do I do next. Not even a year in the senate and I started campaigning for president. I hope they don't lynch me when I ********** thing up".

But the cool thing about him being president is, everthing that goes wrong for the next 4 years we can blame the Democrats.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Some of our best presidents have had precious little experience
Some of our worst presidents have had extensive experience

The fact that he ran such an effective campaign and rocketed to prominence so quickly without "daddy's coattails" and connections to move him up [shows he knows how to work with people. The man is intellegent, personable, and fresh. I think the "change" will do us good!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:16 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda88 View Post
He will not be lynched. He will be impeached.

Little early to start a witch hunt, isn't it?

Or has the spirit of Tailgunner Joe rose up and smacked you?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
We needed a Reagan, a TR, or an Andrew Jackson given the situation...we got a carter or a hoover or worse.
Perhaps. Time will tell. Time in the presidency will give us the measure of the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections