Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:32 AM

945 posts, read 1,968,668 times

Advertisements

I could not believe in his acceptance speech that Obama says he will be making lots of mistakes and take many missteps and will have to learn as he goes. Isn't that what all the Republicans were trying to tell the Democrats. Now Obama picks this time to admit it.

I thought we wanted change. If Obama is going to make one mistake after another, that seems like 4 more years of the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:34 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,429,123 times
I am sick so I went to sleep before the speeches did he really say this?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM

877 posts, read 2,763,686 times
Isn't that what anybody who was honest that had never been President would say? Would it be better if he lied and said that he knows exactly what it takes to be President and his Presidency would be one success after the other. I mean, he only stated what everybody else knows so at least, at this point in time, we know he is being honest with us and that is what he has promised to do. Whether he's right or wrong, he will be honest with the American people about his Presidency. He recognized in his speech that he is a servent of the people and it is the people that he is accountable to.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,450,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Yup, He also said he is proud to usher in Islam as our official religion and that all new currency being printed will bear his likeness.

And every household gets a free prayer rug under his Administration.

Allah Akbar!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,070,599 times
That's hogwash, the people voted for CHANGE!
Not for MISTAKES.

The people said BUSH made a MISTAKE and they crucified him.
Why are they allowing OBAMA to make a MISTAKE????

It wasn't even BUSH that screwed up the economy, It was the democrats.
GAS PRICE
http://zfacts.com/metaPage/lib/zFacts-Gasoline-Price.png

HOUSE PRICE
http://jluscher.googlepages.com/house_price_trend.gif/house_price_trend-large.jpg

YouTube - Late 2004 Democrats Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Economic Crisis

Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,070,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
Isn't that what anybody who was honest that had never been President would say? Would it be better if he lied and said that he knows exactly what it takes to be President and his Presidency would be one success after the other. I mean, he only stated what everybody else knows so at least, at this point in time, we know he is being honest with us and that is what he has promised to do. Whether he's right or wrong, he will be honest with the American people about his Presidency. He recognized in his speech that he is a servent of the people and it is the people that he is accountable to.
He already lied and did not say that before being voted--- he promised the people the world!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,940,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yup, He also said he is proud to usher in Islam as our official religion and that all new currency being printed will bear his likeness.

And every household gets a free prayer rug under his Administration.

Allah Akbar!
Your postings do not contribute to the thread. You may think them humorous, but they are very childish..

594 posts, read 1,042,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
That;s hogwash, the people voted for CHANGE!
Not for MISTAKES.

The people said BUSH a MISTAKE and they crucified him.
Why are they allowing OBAMA to make a MISTAKE????
He's a black Democrat. Totally different standards now.

945 posts, read 1,968,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post

Yep. I was SHOCKED!

I hope the guy does well. We all should. It is us that will suffer if he doesn't. He did not give me any confidence at all with what he said. Between him and Biden saying we will be attacked within 6 months, I don't have a lot to be confident in. Let's hope he is a quick learner.

2,260 posts, read 3,873,998 times
Raised the bar on expectations to the moon to get elected. Now hes hedging and making excuses

Punk AB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections