U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:34 PM

11,361 posts, read 8,072,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
First they were sad and now they're just plain mad. Talking about how Russia is launching weapons thanks to Obama winning even though he's not in the White House yet. LOL.
They always seem mad, what's new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 01:53 PM

14,419 posts, read 13,717,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Criminal? omg...You people are insane.
A man who wants to violate my rights and has voted to do so in the past, is a criminal. And more, he'll be violating his oath of office when he tramples on the second amendment, and possibly even the first.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM

1,150 posts, read 805,331 times
^ You people are seriously delusional.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 11-05-2008, 02:01 PM

878 posts, read 1,318,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
My angry raging friend, there is a whole lot you don't understand about me, the American process, and I venture about yourself.

Yes, I have been very anti-Bush, because he is A PROVEN LIAR. He has also proven he can't make decisions in a time manner, and has frozen at the switch in time of crisis, repeatedly. He has exhibited gross incompetence, and has surrounded himself with the corrupt and incompetent.

But until that was clear, I supported Bush because he was the President of my country, that is what Americans do. When it became clear that Bush was lying, and he didn't give a damn about anything but his agenda, then he earned my utter contempt. I was 100% behind him when he said he was going after Osama Bin Forgotten, but he was just lying, pure and simple. He had his chance, and he blew it.

Americans support their president at least until they have proof the support is not deserved, they don't ball up their fists and cry and stamp their feet because they don't like his skin color, or his name. You are basing your lying assumptions on what, the hate bloggers on the internet, an email packed full of completely fabricated crap, and the lies and half-truth cranked out by the RNC. I guess that is no surprise, still avoiding facts at any cost, the mantra of the RNC.
President Obama had one important and lasting choice to make as a presidential candidate: his selection for VP.

He screwed that up so poorly that by the end of the election Joe Biden was nowhere to be seen.

On every other important issue, he has wavered from one position to the next, following the polls and ignoring his previous positions.

He has promised to take my money (which I earned) from me and give it to other people who haven't done anything to earn it.

He wants to destroy the energy industry in this country and ship it overseas where there is no concern for environmental damage, just so that his rich donors in California don't have to see an oil rig when they travel 10+ miles offshore on their yachts.

He wants to destroy my health and the health of my children by converting our healthcare system to one which has been proven to fail.

He has promised to ruin my childrens' education by destroying their opportunity to learn from competent teachers.

President BHO has promised to destroy my country and most of what it stands for. He has already earned my disdain. The only bit of respect I will toss his way is the use of the term "President," a degree of respect most on the left never afforded our current President. I respect the office, the man sitting in the office is a travesty.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:01 PM

43,861 posts, read 27,786,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Republicans are sore loosers. When told of Obamas win, they looked suicidal and genuinely shocked that a black man made it.
It has NOTHING to do with Obama being a black man. We act like this when ANY Democrat is in office.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
^ You people are seriously delusional.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
Nope, spot on correct: Barack Obama on Gun Control

I wouldn't want to be the ATF people trying to enforce his gun laws if filibusters don't stop him. Things will get nasty if obomination gets his gun bans.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It has NOTHING to do with Obama being a black man. We act like this when ANY Democrat is in office.
I treat all enemies of freedom the same when they hold an office they shouldn't. With the utter contempt they deserve.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:08 PM

5,299 posts, read 2,054,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
First they were sad and now they're just plain mad. Talking about how Russia is launching weapons thanks to Obama winning even though he's not in the White House yet. LOL.
They're 'mad' alright

Old 11-05-2008, 02:12 PM

5,299 posts, read 2,054,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I wouldn't want to be the ATF people trying to enforce his gun laws if filibusters don't stop him. Things will get nasty if obomination gets his gun bans.
Relax gun man,you know what the odds are of all that actually resulting in enforcement? Have they taken away your guns yet? Even if they did ban certain guns,they'll still allow hunting guns I'm sure. Sheesh. So then you can't go to Alaska and you'll have to hunt by hand

Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,746,819 times
Wait'll ol' tax and spend Jon Corzine winds up as Treasury Secretary. Just knowing that he's on a short list for that spot should make ANYONE nervous. Should he be selected this'll further enhance Obama's lack of judgment (just look at the people he's associated himself with in the past).

That rumor broke before the election and yet New Jersey STILL remained a blue state. That just boggles my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections