Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:32 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I heard a commentator talk about that a bit. He said that many in the election were caught up in the emotion of it and didn't put a lot of attention on his policies. That even the news covered it lightly only reporting various talking point parts. He said now that the election is over, people on all sides are going to start looking closely at these policies and this should bring about some interesting discussions on them.
Yeah, I've heard, for example, people saying they think he'll get rid of the patriot act. He actually voted for its renewal. Many didn't know a thing about his actual record on guns. This election will in fact be looked upon as a very low point in our history, if in fact it survives as one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:57 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Wow, you've said it.
Uuuuuggghhh, ok, I just pulled up my huggies, and, my man won the election, and I can now sleep at night knowing that change for the better is coming soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If you care AT ALL about this country, you'll do what we Dems did beginning in 2000. You'll say, "Well, the person I didn't want is in. But life goes on. And we have to address stuff that's happening to us and around the world, like it or not. We can at least not make it worse by causing so freaking much distraction to the POTUS that he never sees the really bad stuff coming." You know. Like 9/11.

Grow up. And wake up. It's a brand new day. Okay, so your candidate didn't win. Is this how you're teaching your kids to take "defeat" too? (If so, then the future of this country really IS doomed.) If you have any love at all for this country, even a speck of it, you'll stop trying to stir the pot with RIDICULOUS accusations, and start really addressing real issues. Or at least not getting in the way of them being solved.

Pull up your big-girl panties or big-boy pants and carry on. It's a new day. Take a deep breath. Get on with it.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Interesting. person wants gun control laws thrown out the window, but is probably ok with the stripping of an American's right to privacy through the patriot act. talk about stripping an American's rights? go figure.
well, if they know someone has lots of guns and weapons, they'll know where to find them by eavesdropping in on phone conversations anyway, pretty soon, we won't have any privacy, not even when we go to the toilet. go figure.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Mad?

The next four years of bashing this criminal are going to be blissful heaven. Cant wait for the media to turn on him

Bush bashers take a seat and let us show you how its done
You all have been wrong during this whole election (right down to the October surprise) so if the trend persists, we're on our way to better times. It's just too bad, Bush nearly single-handledly brought this country down and we will need a few years to recover.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Interesting. person wants gun control laws thrown out the window, but is probably ok with the stripping of an American's right to privacy through the patriot act. talk about stripping an American's rights? go figure.
well, if they know someone has lots of guns and weapons, they'll know where to find them by eavesdropping in on phone conversations anyway, pretty soon, we won't have any privacy, not even when we go to the toilet. go figure.
You read me wrong. I was talking about obomination's positions not mine. I consider the patriot act a total abomination. But the obomination supported it, and many of his followers thought otherwise. He's anti-freedom all the way around.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 PM

104 posts, read 180,491 times
LOL. Republicans are far from mad. We are strong believers in reaping what you sow. Time to sit back and watch your messiah change your life for the better!... ahhh. .. where's my popcorn? This should be fun.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:06 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,744 times
It's the blame game. The republicans need to blame and we're it. One of the guys at work said this morning that "Now we'll be at war with Pakistan". I shot right back at him with a number of other Bu**** wars we'd be in if McCain won.

They are sore losers. It surprises me with the concession speech that McCain gave that they are still acting like a bunch of babies. Maybe it shouldn't, that's what they've acted like all along.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:06 PM

104 posts, read 180,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
You all have been wrong during this whole election (right down to the October surprise) so if the trend persists, we're on our way to better times. It's just too bad, Bush nearly single-handledly brought this country down and we will need a few years to recover.
It wasn't Bush who brought the country down. It was the democratic congress. ...but if you did your homework, you would know that. You'll see. After a few years of Obama, the whole country will be crying

Old 11-05-2008, 08:28 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
First they were sad and now they're just plain mad. Talking about how Russia is launching weapons thanks to Obama winning even though he's not in the White House yet. LOL.
how do you make that assumption when the first 10 topics in the election forum are STILL bashing Palin, even though the damn race is over?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:59 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq140 View Post
It wasn't Bush who brought the country down. It was the democratic congress. ...but if you did your homework, you would know that. You'll see. After a few years of Obama, the whole country will be crying
Well, if you're so concern, get the hell out of the country before you go down in flames with it. PM me, maybe I can help donate some funds to help you relocate provided you sign a contract to truly leave this country. Anyway, as I said, when you're wrong again, whatever will you do. I know some of you are already forming a secret society to bomb the U.S. You'd rather see the world come to an end than have a black man as President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections