Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Well, if you're so concern, get the hell out of the country before you go down in flames with it. PM me, maybe I can help donate some funds to help you relocate provided you sign a contract to truly leave this country. Anyway, as I said, when you're wrong again, whatever will you do. I know some of you are already forming a secret society to bomb the U.S. You'd rather see the world come to an end than have a black man as President.
You, my dear, have obviously not read this whole thread! I said way back on page one or two, that I would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with voting for a black man for President...but a Conservative black man!! Not a liberal!

And why should anyone have to 'leave the country' as you put it because they don't agree with you? I think you are a bit paranoid thinking some of us are forming a secret society to bomb the U.S....WHAT??? Are you thinking rationally?

You won...congratulations!! The rest of us can only pray that the new President will, by the grace of God, do a good job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 06:40 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,806 times
As long as we democrats keep that in perspective, then we know how to deal with it. Republicans have been blaming bill clinton for the mess we're in for the past 8 years, and I've suggested in other posts that they blame democrats for everything, ever since the beginning of time. so, why even have a 2 party system where the democrats are blamed for everything? it's been written here by another poster that Obama will strip us of constitutional rights, I don't believe that for a minute. the republicans were supposed to be anti-big-government, and pro-constitutionals rights, yet, we have all seen they are not conservative by any means, are not anti-big-government, and, with certain rights stripped of us, they're anything but the ideal party. why was Obama elected? it surely couldn't be that long time republicans didn't flip over to the democrat's way of thinking or position, could it? as for me, what do I need a gun for? only people who live out of populated areas need guns. why does someone need an automatic weapon who lives in the city? why does someone need a license to conceal and carry, that lives in a city? if the federal government changes gun laws, they should force owners to have trigger locks, and force people to prove the weapons are secured. I don't think people in big cities need guns, unless we all want to go back to the wild west days, where one would shoot another just because he or she didn't like their looks. I don't foresee the feds getting involved with gun laws anyway, other than enforcing the laws of automatic weapons, who needs these anyway? I think gun laws should be written and enforced by state and local authorities. I also think that normal hunters, who kill wild game for subsistance do not need a ar-15 or ak-47 automatic to hunt with. the only reason these types of weapons exist is to kill other people in war zones, and, America, the last time I looked, wasn't at war, and we have no insurgents. we do however have high crime areas, where gun laws are being attacked. the high crime areas (murders/homicides by firearms) of the US are due to drug problems, which means, the war on drugs is a failure, education is the key to drug enforcement/abatement. the government can throw all the $$$ it wants at fighting the drug problem in this country, but $$$ hasn't seemed to be working that well. add to that, jails are overcrowded, borders are porus. I still believe education is the key to a drug free America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
It's the blame game. The republicans need to blame and we're it. One of the guys at work said this morning that "Now we'll be at war with Pakistan". I shot right back at him with a number of other Bu**** wars we'd be in if McCain won.

They are sore losers. It surprises me with the concession speech that McCain gave that they are still acting like a bunch of babies. Maybe it shouldn't, that's what they've acted like all along.

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 11-06-2008 at 06:52 AM..

Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 AM

493 posts, read 717,288 times
Yes mad and lashing out unfortunately

Old 11-06-2008, 06:48 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,479 times
Lightbulb The republicans seem very mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
First they were sad and now they're just plain mad. Talking about how Russia is launching weapons thanks to Obama winning even though he's not in the White House yet. LOL.

Blend a barrel of anger with a huge dose of fear and you have the 25% who still approve of Bush.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,486,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
As long as we democrats keep that in perspective, then we know how to deal with it. Republicans have been blaming bill clinton for the mess we're in for the past 8 years, and I've suggested in other posts that they blame democrats for everything, ever since the beginning of time. so, why even have a 2 party system where the democrats are blamed for everything? it's been written here by another poster that Obama will strip us of constitutional rights, I don't believe that for a minute. the republicans were supposed to be anti-big-government, and pro-constitutionals rights, yet, we have all seen they are not conservative by any means, are not anti-big-government, and, with certain rights stripped of us, they're anything but the ideal party. why was Obama elected? it surely couldn't be that long time republicans didn't flip over to the democrat's way of thinking or position, could it? as for me, what do I need a gun for? only people who live out of populated areas need guns. why does someone need an automatic weapon who lives in the city? why does someone need a license to conceal and carry, that lives in a city? if the federal government changes gun laws, they should force owners to have trigger locks, and force people to prove the weapons are secured. I don't think people in big cities need guns, unless we all want to go back to the wild west days, where one would shoot another just because he or she didn't like their looks. I don't foresee the feds getting involved with gun laws anyway, other than enforcing the laws of automatic weapons, who needs these anyway? I think gun laws should be written and enforced by state and local authorities. I also think that normal hunters, who kill wild game for subsistance do not need a ar-15 or ak-47 automatic to hunt with. the only reason these types of weapons exist is to kill other people in war zones, and, America, the last time I looked, wasn't at war, and we have no insurgents. we do however have high crime areas, where gun laws are being attacked. the high crime areas (murders/homicides by firearms) of the US are due to drug problems, which means, the war on drugs is a failure, education is the key to drug enforcement/abatement. the government can throw all the $$$ it wants at fighting the drug problem in this country, but $$$ hasn't seemed to be working that well. add to that, jails are overcrowded. I still believe education is the key to a drug free America.
You are very ignorant on guns. For starters the AR-15's and AK-47's sold here in the U.S. are semi-autos not full auto. The SCOTUS declared a law in DC requiring guns be "secured" in homes un-constitutional. When you get to feeling like trampling on us civil rights supporters remember the backlash of 1994. That crap you suggested will not be tolerated, mark my words.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,806 times
Why does a person living in a city need a semi-auto for anyway? to pick off police officers at will?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You are very ignorant on guns. For starters the AR-15's and AK-47's sold here in the U.S. are semi-autos not full auto. The SCOTUS declared a law in DC requiring guns be "secured" in homes un-constitutional. When you get to feeling like trampling on us civil rights supporters remember the backlash of 1994. That crap you suggested will not be tolerated, mark my words.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,578,143 times
Quote:
As long as we democrats keep that in perspective, then we know how to deal with it. Republicans have been blaming bill clinton for the mess we're in for the past 8 years, and I've suggested in other posts that they blame democrats for everything, ever since the beginning of time. so, why even have a 2 party system where the democrats are blamed for everything? it's been written here by another poster that Obama will strip us of constitutional rights, I don't believe that for a minute. the republicans were supposed to be anti-big-government, and pro-constitutionals rights, yet, we have all seen they are not conservative by any means, are not anti-big-government, and, with certain rights stripped of us, they're anything but the ideal party. why was Obama elected? it surely couldn't be that long time republicans didn't flip over to the democrat's way of thinking or position, could it? as for me, what do I need a gun for? only people who live out of populated areas need guns. why does someone need an automatic weapon who lives in the city? why does someone need a license to conceal and carry, that lives in a city? if the federal government changes gun laws, they should force owners to have trigger locks, and force people to prove the weapons are secured. I don't think people in big cities need guns, unless we all want to go back to the wild west days, where one would shoot another just because he or she didn't like their looks. I don't foresee the feds getting involved with gun laws anyway, other than enforcing the laws of automatic weapons, who needs these anyway? I think gun laws should be written and enforced by state and local authorities. I also think that normal hunters, who kill wild game for subsistance do not need a ar-15 or ak-47 automatic to hunt with. the only reason these types of weapons exist is to kill other people in war zones, and, America, the last time I looked, wasn't at war, and we have no insurgents. we do however have high crime areas, where gun laws are being attacked. the high crime areas (murders/homicides by firearms) of the US are due to drug problems, which means, the war on drugs is a failure, education is the key to drug enforcement/abatement. the government can throw all the $$$ it wants at fighting the drug problem in this country, but $$$ hasn't seemed to be working that well. add to that, jails are overcrowded, borders are porus. I still believe education is the key to a drug free America.
#1 For protection of family and property.

#2 For protection from the Government.

These are rights granted to me by my creator and are unalienable.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,486,435 times
Quote:
Why does a person living in a city need a semi-auto for anyway? to pick off police officers at will?
Defense. Fun. Because they like having one. Deter the government from overstepping its bounds. What difference does it make. No one needs to give a reason to the government to have something if they want it and don't harm anyone. This is supposed to be a free country not a fascist one, one where the government doesn't have total control over citizens. And I find it hilarious you talk about "hunting" yet the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting whatsoever (see Heller), and an AK or AR is no different than any semi-auto "hunting" rifle except in appearance.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,647,878 times
If the Republican party were a person, I'd say they would need intense psychotherapy to re-immerge. Staying in a state of fear, anger, inclusiveness, bitterness, pessimism/cynicsm will do none of them any good. There will be those that will be forced to stay behind in their mental wreckage and the rest, after much soul searching, will re-group into a party that looks much different than the one George W. left them.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
Unfortunately the Republican party bases their platform on fear. To see the country turn away from that with such a resounding voter turn-out should wake them up to the reality that the world and our country has changed. Fear is the past. Change and hope are the future.
The Republican powers that be fear they cannot maintain power. Look at what lengths they went to get rid of Clinton. They then attempt to scare the citizens who buy into this ploy, and from some of these posts have been quite successful because people aren't smart enough to see through this. Imagine choosing to live your life in fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections