Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:33 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
That was my favorite line of his loser speech last night!!

For all those backing McCain, how do you feel now voting for a loser?

Thanks Obama supports- you are the ones with smarts and can see through a joke of a person of McRage...
The only thing worse than the sore losers here, are the sore winners. What is the damn point other than your own gloating to fill something that is missing within you? Pathetic.

I'm thrilled that Obama won, but I won't throw it up in anyone face, your anger seems so irrational now.

McCain gave a good speech last night, took responsibility, and was gracious as a loser, you could learn something from the actions of this man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 11:34 AM

68 posts, read 285,693 times
Mark S. you hit the nail on the head.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 AM

68 posts, read 285,693 times
Quote:
Poor taste. McCain is an American hero who gave years and years of service, both in the Senate and in the military. I will continue to support him here in Arizona.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:50 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
And they accuse people on the right of being bull headed, stubborn and unexcepting towards change?

McCain is historically one of the most well respected and liked politician among his peers in American history. Something you would know nothing about.
It is funny reading this board the day after and seeing the libs still attacking. You carolinaCowboy are right in what you posted abut Mc cain.
What this board does show is yet to come from the Pelosi congress.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,769 times
Quote:

Thanks Obama supports- you are the ones with smarts and can see through a joke of a person of McRage...
The man is a US Senator. That's more than most of us will ever be in our lifetime.

I think I like Obama's description of McCain the best in his victory speech.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
McCAIN said the failure is mine. He did not say he is a failure.
There is a big difference.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:59 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
At least he failed as a candidate and not as a President, as Obama most assuredly will.

I think Obama who I didn't vote for can go either way truly great or total failure.

While mccain I felt would be so so and I didn't want to risk one party rule all .

If Obama doesn't allow Pelosi to have input in his ideas he couls be great .

I only hope the media hold him as accountable as they do every Pres and not a free ride but again he could be great lets wait and see.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:00 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Exclamation Okay...It's Gloves Off Time

I went through this thread, page by page...there were folks on here who were not Obama supporters, and made it known...but then after this morning, some of even the most HARDCORE no-Obama folks have been through here and started threads at least making an effort to be 'gracious losers' and extend their hands to us Obama supporters across the aisle, and I accept their extended hands gladly...

Sen McCain is NOT a failure...I don't know where you got that bilgewater from, but you need to tote it back REAL quick...he showed more grace, class, and humility in defeat than some folk show in victory...by the end of his speech last nite (even though my wife thought I was nuts LOL), I jumped off the bed and fired a salute to him, with tears in my eyes...I'm ex-Army infantry, and even though he wasn't my candidate, dadgummit, he EARNED MY RESPECT---he is a true American hero, and patriot, and THAT comes from my heart!

In closing, I want to say this to the OP, and all others who want to continue to sling mud and call names when the time for all that is past--- you all really need to find a nice quiet saloon, belly up to the bar, and order a nice tall frosty mug of 'shut the f*%k up', because frankly, my patience with that type of behavior is at an end

Old 11-05-2008, 12:06 PM

542 posts, read 1,684,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I went through this thread, page by page...there were folks on here who were not Obama supporters, and made it known...but then after this morning, some of even the most HARDCORE no-Obama folks have been through here and started threads at least making an effort to be 'gracious losers' and extend their hands to us Obama supporters across the aisle, and I accept their extended hands gladly...

Sen McCain is NOT a failure...I don't know where you got that bilgewater from, but you need to tote it back REAL quick...he showed more grace, class, and humility in defeat than some folk show in victory...by the end of his speech last nite (even though my wife thought I was nuts LOL), I jumped off the bed and fired a salute to him, with tears in my eyes...I'm ex-Army infantry, and even though he wasn't my candidate, dadgummit, he EARNED MY RESPECT---he is a true American hero, and patriot, and THAT comes from my heart!

In closing, I want to say this to the OP, and all others who want to continue to sling mud and call names when the time for all that is past--- you all really need to find a nice quiet saloon, belly up to the bar, and order a nice tall frosty mug of 'shut the f*%k up', because frankly, my patience with that type of behavior is at an end
This post brought tears to my eyes, goodness! Thank you for saying what needed to be said. I think this post deserves a thread of its own.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:

And the slaps continue to the faces of Vietnam vets everywhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections