Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:34 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxors View Post
Face it. The Neocon nincompoops on this site would rather that the nation suffer for four years under Obama then the country recover from its economic and cultural doldrums. They would rather lose their jobs and complain nonstop during the Obama administration then they would become successful and prosperous over the next four years.

They could have the four best years of their lives as a direct result of the new administration, yet they would never admit that he might have been somewhat responsible for it.

You know who you are, and you can't deny it.
They are more stuck in an idealogy, to have the GOP win in 2010 (midterms) and 2012, then hoping that the US works for everyone again and if Obama is relected in 2012, so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:38 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
Lets face it there are fruit loops in every box. Quit thinking one side or party has it up on the other. I prefer to think of people as individuals. Less stupidity that way.

Yeah there are fruit loops in every box, but nowadays the dems have them running the ceral bowl.

When the Dem Senate Majority leader talks down our war effort in a bid to win senate seats and their Speaker is gleeful at the failure of the sitting president, well that's not LOYAL opposition. I know not all or even most libs/ dems fit his billing, but the reality is this wing has been running the show on the left since 2002.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:40 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If you people had rallied behind Bush, that would be a different story. But there have been 8 years of hatred and bashing and complaining and outright lies. You reap what you sow.
So glad I read your post first since i was going to say the same.

Everyone notice how the dow went down today.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Why would I rally behind somebody who hasn't done a dang thing positive for me?

Are you still alive? have we in America had another attack like 9/11 which claimed 3,000 people. I think GW has done a lot for us and in the years to come we will much more that he has done for you and the rest of us.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
We have a winner!

How sure can you be about that?

Old 11-05-2008, 06:45 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
When the Dem Senate Majority leader talks down our war effort
Ah yes, the war effort. Are you perhaps referring to the Vietnam-style mess we've gotten ourselves into, in Iraq? I wonder who in this country actually believes that we are in the process of creating a democratic republic over there? (That will happen when the Iraqis want it to, and not because of any American military presence. Just see how successful we were at creating a democracy in Bosnia!)

I sincerely hope that when he takes the oath of office, President Obama will start bringing those troops home. There shouldn't have to be any more American lives sacrificed over there.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,238,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Why would I rally behind somebody who hasn't done a dang thing positive for me?
Are you really going to use that type of logic?

If that's going to fly, how about this?: Why would I rally behind a president (Obama) who shares virtually none of my values and in fact will work in direct opposition to my values? How can I wish success on a President whose economic proposals are so misguided and naive that they will cause further, long-term harm to the economy?

In a comparison of the top 40 Presidential candidates, Obama was the 35th best match for me.

I hope Obama is the best President we've ever had. Sadly, I see no reason to believe he will even be a decent President.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:50 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Are you still alive? have we in America had another attack like 9/11 which claimed 3,000 people. I think GW has done a lot for us and in the years to come we will much more that he has done for you and the rest of us.
I feel the same way and if so many weren't so worried about the economy, which really boils down to, "How much money am I losing?", they'd focus on what's really important. You can't spend your money anyway if you get blown to bits in another attack.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Well osama supporters were waving the communist flag in front of the whitehouse, and many communists including the american communist party endorsed him, so should be be surprised by such comments? We should only be disturbed, not surprised.

I also noticed that and wonder what do these people know that I don't know/?????????/

Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM

195 posts, read 515,258 times
I voted for McCain, but will respect the office and Obama. I'm an informed person not out of touch. I voted for McCain for none other then some and not all of his political and moral views. I don't wish him ill(President Elect. Obama). I pray for him, our country, and the tuff road ahead. I hope that some of the promises of the chapmaign do not come true. I hope that some of what he said in his accetance speech is true, that he hears our side and reaches out as our President too. Good luck. I believe in America still. We can't win everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections