Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 AM

753 posts, read 758,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Wow, fistfightinghairdresser, you really are off your rocker.

It would probably behoove of you not to visit the South anytime, since there is nothing but traitors here to you. D.
Not all traitors. Just the ones who slap a traitor flag on their pickups.

And don't worry, I won't be visiting any time soon. Thank god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Before this thread gets more emotional and more personal: think twice before you post. Try not to offend. Please.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:15 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times
dont have to believe, it says it on the top right hand corner of your post--so its not much of a stretch.

ok moderator, i am with ya, last posting from me about traitors and enemies- will keep it to the great battle flag and ignore the highjackers

Old 03-13-2007, 05:18 PM

753 posts, read 758,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
dont have to believe, it says it on the top right hand corner of your post--so its not much of a stretch.

ok moderator, i am with ya, last posting from me about traitors and enemies- will keep it to the great battle flag and ignore the highjackers
Believe what you believe. And I believe I'll keep voting in US elections and renewing my US passport every 10 years.

Agreed Yac. Let's keep it the discussion to the hicktraitor flag and all the inventive ways we can desecrate it. The indignant reaction from turncoat apologists is enough for a laugh.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:34 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Let's keep it the discussion to the hicktraitor flag and all the inventive ways we can desecrate it. The indignant reaction from turncoat apologists is enough for a laugh.

Your name calling, cultural slurs, and obvious hate for southerners is sad. If you don't have family that was in the south during Lincoln's war of aggression for tax revenues, you don't have a clue why some people have a totally different feeling about the flag and that feeling has NOTHING to do with slavery or racism. Keep in mind (although you probably have no clue on the subject) that slave ownership was something that was not participated in or agreed with by all southerners. Even in MS where the highest percentage of people owned slaves, more than half DID NOT own slaves. Nevertheless, Lincoln's war sent soldiers marching through, burning, terrorizing and destroying complete cities and towns, brutalizing women and children in the process, even the ones who cared more about blacks and slaves than most northerners. Thats the most common misconception is that all southerners hated and mistreated blacks while northerners loved them and treated them well. That was far from true as blacks were treated poorly in the north as well and did not get respected as equal human beings the way they should have. While slavery was wrong, evil, and in need of being abolished, the Civil War cost 600,000 lives and was not fought over slavery as much as it was fought over taxation. Slavery could have been ended without a war, and remember also that in the Union's march through the south, they brutalized slaves just as much as they did white southerners, they did not care for them at all.

The saddest thing is that dispicable hate groups have used the confederate flag in their twisted and sick gatherings and hate acts, and that people think the flag stands for those fools and morons. That is not what most people that are admirers of the flag think of it at all. I admire the confederate flag and share as much dislike for hate groups as any other reasonable person.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:52 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
What wonderful irony would it be to take lessons from a foreigner on loyalty to your own country.

Recall we're talking about the traitors of 140 years ago, and the misguided tendency of some today to cast their cause as honorable.
Perhaps you should read up on European views of the War for Southern Independence. You will quickly find that there was little support for Lincoln.

And now I question you, What in fact was that honorable cause that you label as misguided?

To Carolinajack and others, sorry I didn't get here sooner. They's a PC critter or something eating up my www surfability.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:29 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Keep this discussion civil, please.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:41 AM

Thanks YAC, i think there are a few people around who think they should personally attack others views, instead of addressing the topic

Old 03-15-2007, 09:17 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP) -- Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that South Carolina should remove the Confederate flag from its Statehouse grounds, in part because the nation should unite under one banner while at war.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/19/D8ND1C200.html (broken link)
It's news that one of the most liberal senators in history is against the Confederate flag? That's news? What next, the headlines will read "the sky is blue?"

You know liberals, they are all for acceptance and diversity, as long as it's for what they stand by and want. I would be willing to place a bet that she has no problem with people flying the Mexican flag though! I've lived places in the West where Mexican flags fly more than American flags (and this is in America). But she'd be all for that "diversity" and "acceptance" of those with different views, backgrounds, beliefs...

Old 03-15-2007, 12:51 PM

amen Redwing, thats why we stand up for the Confederate Flag over Mrs Billy Clinton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections