Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:41 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? But, you didn't explain what makes you think this. Care to elaborate?
Are you another republican or are you able to see things in front of you face? If not I will not waste my time.
As far as the forums,just read through just some of the threads...
As for my neighbor...well aside from the fact that he looks up everytime an aircraft flies overhead,thinks the terrorists will strike b/c we don't have a war monger in office,and doesn't leave his computer on for fear of who knows what...I'd say that's pretty strange behaviour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Personally I'm all for preparedness and all,but I've even known hardcore consiracy theorists for years now and I realized I couldn't live my life like that. I've got more everyday problems to deal with right now.
Most of the conspiracy theorists in recent years are those on the left:
  • Bush knew in advance about 9/11
  • New World Order phobia
  • "Neocon" (whatever that means, depends on the individual using it) phobia
  • Builderburger (I don't know if that's spelled right) phobia
And while "global warming" is not a conspiracy, it might as well be for the people who believe in it. It's just as silly as those mentioned above, and believed primarily by those on the left.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
fear that the good life is guna walk away. unfortunately with the good life came marie antoinette mentality. its an entitlement program its just easier to see if the people are poor and a different color than you.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Yes it did do well...He bombed Iraq...pissed them off.
Wow you people are delusional aren't you?
HE bombed who?...
Have a short memory? I believe it was poppy Bush who started all the crap with the middle east and sonny boy carried it on!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And while "global warming" is not a conspiracy, it might as well be for the people who believe in it. It's just as silly as those mentioned above, and believed primarily by those on the left.
You're lucky you live on a FARM...otherwise you'd have water up to your porch man

Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM

78 posts, read 97,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Its not embarrasing to you ?for me to prove that they bombed US under clinton and he bombed them ,and also told us they had weapons of mass destruction! which led to 9/11 ...I dont keep the entire history of the world to copy and paste for folks like you ....sorry...read !
No it's not embarrassing to me. I was merely interested in what you were referring to. I'm proud of my country for all of it's strengths and weaknesses. it's the combination of all of those things that has led us to be as great as we are.

One question I would ask. Are you implying that Clinton alone is at fault for what happened? I do read and understand the things you are referencing. I was just amazed that you seemed to imply that it was all his fault.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:48 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The arch right seem to live in a situation where everything is predictable. If they work as hard as they can they will be successful. Everybody is responsible for themselves. Follow the rules and you will be rewarded. Their preachers told them what is god's right way. They forgot to notice that their leaders were crazed gamblers, insecure morons and the preacher was bonking the alter boys.

Now they are terrified that there is going to be someone in charge that is going to figure out real answers instead of picking from a list of one. That can be really frightening to an absolutist.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:30 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,515 times
Quote:
Wow you people are delusional aren't you?
HE bombed who?...
Have a short memory? I believe it was poppy Bush who started all the crap with the middle east and sonny boy carried it on!
Transcript: President Clinton explains Iraq strike

CLINTON: Good evening.
Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.
Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.
Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.
I want to explain why I have decided, with the unanimous recommendation of my national security team, to use force in Iraq; why we have acted now; and what we aim to accomplish.
Six weeks ago, Saddam Hussein announced that he would no longer cooperate with the United Nations weapons inspectors called UNSCOM. They are highly professional experts from dozens of countries. Their job is to oversee the elimination of Iraq's capability to retain, create and use weapons of mass destruction, and to verify that Iraq does not attempt to rebuild that capability.
The inspectors undertook this mission first 7.5 years ago at the end of the Gulf War when Iraq agreed to declare and destroy its arsenal as a condition of the ceasefire.
The international community had good reason to set this requirement. Other countries possess weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles. With Saddam, there is one big difference: He has used them. Not once, but repeatedly. Unleashing chemical weapons against

Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,515 times
nuff said.....good night folks!!! how many times do you guys get up!!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:42 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,733 times
Quote:
From the people on forums down to my next door neighbor...I've never met such jumpy people! They make ME look calm!...
They live in a world of control, hate and fear.

Just look at the gun thread, they are crying like babies over possibly losing the right to have an assault weapon, which had already been a law for 10 years and they still had their guns.

But, funny how it's okay to them that Bush shredded the constitution, its okay the civil rights of gays are infringed on, and its okay to try to tell a woman what to do with their body. But try to tell them its not alright to own a military assault weapon that out-powers law enforcement in this country and they pp all over themselves in paranoia claiming their 2nd amendment rights are in jeopardy.

They care for no one but themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections