Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:59 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Ah yes, they will end up like

YouTube - Devastating effects of chemical weapons in Iraq

But isn't anyone glad that Saddam Hussein is gone now?????
He could still be alive today and threatening the US with the Holy War and influencing the World terrorists to attack the USA.

YouTube - President Clinton orders Bombing of Iraq's Nuclear Biological & Chemical Weapons Program
No -- you see, Obama could have had a little chat with Saddam Hussein and told him killing all those people wasn't very nice.

I wonder if any of those Europeans swooning over Obama have had time to notice the Russian missiles.

I'm afraid Obama is very much like his worshippers. He believes he's some kind of Messiah and that all he has to do is a little dialogue and a little wishing and all the problems go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:01 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
A New Hope - The World's View of Obama's Win - TIME

This is basically why I voted for him. I'd like for our country to be liked again, and I think 'the hooplah' facilitates that end. Here's to hoping the fairy dust doesn't wear off any time soon...
Ten Reasons to Be Concerned about Obama’s Stance on National Security

Such a victory would be unprecedented but not due to his race. It will be unprecedented in that never before has America embraced a candidate with such little experience and ill-defined views.
Those views which he does profess represent a naïve break from reality, a poorly thought-out exercise in moral equivalence, and a repetition of policies and philosophies with long debunked credibility.

Diplomacy without strategy is an anti-American dictator's favorite unintended gift from the U.S., allowing him to talk the talk while not walking the walk. It is here where Obama, like President Bush, falls into the trap of countries like Iran.
Despite every attempt at robust diplomacy and every combination of carrots and sticks, Iran continues to harbor terrorists, help kill U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, pursue nuclear weapons, and talk about the extinction of Israel.
On this topic, Obama offers more of the same, and we've seen only negative consequences from it.

1. A disastrous policy on Iraq.
2. A wishful thinking Iran policy
3. A flawed philosophy
4. Wrong on Virtually Every Other Foreign Policy Issue
5. America's enemies favor Obama's policies
6. Obama will reduce the technological advantages the U.S. military possesses.

7. Inexperience
8. His Vice Presidential Pick, Joe Biden
9. Energy independence
10. The pre-9/11 philosophy of an Obama Administration.

Global Politician - Ten Reasons to Be Concerned about Obama’s Stance on National Security

Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Such a victory would be unprecedented but not due to his race. It will be unprecedented in that never before has America embraced a candidate with such little experience and ill-defined views.
Those views which he does profess represent a naïve break from reality, a poorly thought-out exercise in moral equivalence, and a repetition of policies and philosophies with long debunked credibility.

Diplomacy without strategy is an anti-American dictator's favorite unintended gift from the U.S., allowing him to talk the talk while not walking the walk. It is here where Obama, like President Bush, falls into the trap of countries like Iran.
Despite every attempt at robust diplomacy and every combination of carrots and sticks, Iran continues to harbor terrorists, help kill U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, pursue nuclear weapons, and talk about the extinction of Israel.
On this topic, Obama offers more of the same, and we've seen only negative consequences from it.

3. A flawed philosophy

7. Inexperience
9. Energy independence

Global Politician - Ten Reasons to Be Concerned about Obama’s Stance on National Security

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This is pretty good stuff. The comedy of the right, however unintentional, is always good for a laugh. Thank GOD you folks are being shown the door in three months.

You've broken everything youve touched, youve killed indiscriminately, you've alienated former allies, you've inspired a new generation of enemies, you've invaded and occupied a foreign land solely for your political and financial gain, killing a million people in the process, and somehow, SOMEHOW these people are not only still in power, they ARE NOT IN PRISON AWAITING TRIAL!

Yep, I will say yet another prayer of thanks before bed that Obama won and the neocons can only influence their ignorant minority of supporters with arguments as valid as Saddam Hussein having weapons of mass destruction.

Goodnight, and please, tip your wait staff, they've worked hard all evening.

Drive carefully!!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

3. A flawed philosophy

7. Inexperience
9. Energy independence

YouTube - Sally Field At The Oscars

Old 11-05-2008, 09:20 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,697 times
Quote:

3. A flawed philosophy

7. Inexperience
9. Energy independence

You should re title the list 'Presuppositions and other irrelevant ramblings'

When you say 'Obama falls into the same trap as Bush' regarding Iran... lest we forget that Bush created the problem; Obama is inheriting it. Iran would not be the problem that it is today if we had Saddam in power. He was their polarity.

Also, I oppose the point that Iran 'talks about the extinction of Israel'; the transliteration was totally off according to all linguists of M.E. descent that I've heard talk on the subject, and the rudimentary translation doesn't take into consideration the complexities of the relationship between Zionists and Muslims... in short, overly simplistic and simply incorrect.

#4 is humorous when taken into the context that General Patreus validated Obama's point on dialogue with our enemies, and the President of Iraq vindicated the Obama withdrawal strategy by requesting all U.S. troops leave by 2011.

Food for thought, 1-4 +8 could be bullets for the Bush/Cheny resume, No 'pre-supposing' needed... PAST TENSE.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:34 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
A New Hope - The World's View of Obama's Win - TIME

This is basically why I voted for him. I'd like for our country to be liked again, and I think 'the hooplah' facilitates that end. Here's to hoping the fairy dust doesn't wear off any time soon...
Hey,I believe we should have dialoge with the world.I don't believe that the world starts and stops at America's shores but.......

Alot of other nations don't hold the same value on individual freedom like America does.If you want to know part of the reason Bush was voted in 2000 in part it was because Democrats bent over and appeased the UN time and time again,including nation building,sending troops into harm when it was none of Americas business and our troops are still there and now half of former Yugoslavia hates us because we took sides in ancient hatred that we have liitle understanding about.

The UN at times demanded that we ackowledge a universal code of law above our own Bill of Rights,while their code of law was less in preserving freedom.They want us to go down to their level to be in "harmony" with them.How much of your freedom are you willing to give up so we are more in harmony with other nations and so they don't hate us?Democrats sucked up to the UN before,that's why they lost the elections in part,and probably will again after people are reminded once again.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:38 PM

Let me ask you,do you change who are,just to become accepted to a popular crowd?Do you deny yourself just so others accept you?Will you do anything to be liked and part of the "in" crowd?Do you think they will really respect you if you do?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
.How much of your freedom are you willing to give up so we are more in harmony with other nations and so they don't hate us?.
I think the more applicable question is how much of our freedom have we already given up, and yet still aggravated other nations. Bush 'dragged' us into a foreign conflict that was of no meaningful value to the American people (in many ways, still isn't) and has severely damaged our NATO legitimacy. What you are suggesting at least has one plus side, when you think about it in historical perspective of the last 8 years.
Quote:
Let me ask you,do you change who are,just to become accepted to a popular crowd?Do you deny yourself just so others accept you?Will you do anything to be liked and part of the "in" crowd?Do you think they will really respect you if you do?
I'm sorry, but I think you are totally off point on this one. Nobody is suggesting we lick the feet of our peers. What I think is that we have damaged our relationship with many countries over the last 8 because of a totally illicit,erratic, and opportunistic agenda... and now we have a chance to mend that somewhat; thanks to a fresh start with a lot of momentum behind him. We could not have gotten this with McCain. I believe he would have yielded nothing but more disdain and unhealthy relations with the global community, politically and economically.

So this has nothing to do with the 'in crowd'... it more like the 'healthy crowd', and a divergence from the 'in-terests'.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I think the more applicable question is how much of our freedom have we already given up, and yet still aggravated other nations. Bush 'dragged' us into a foreign conflict that was of no meaningful value to the American people (in many ways, still isn't) and has severely damaged our NATO legitimacy. What you are suggesting at least has one plus side, when you think about it in historical perspective of the last 8 years.
I agree,as a long time Republican Im pissed seeing them act not like Republicans in the last 8 years because REAL Republicans don't believe in getting in the affairs of others without real good reason.

But are you prepared to submit to the UN and give up fishing rights off the coast,pay a world tax on things like fishing and energy use payable to the UN?.Give up the right to be in a American court room and go to a international court room instead were you may be guilty until proven innocent?Give up the right to personal defense because the UN believes you don't have the right to own a weapon?Will you do that so they like you?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
IGive up the right to be in a American court room and go to a international court room instead were you may be guilty until proven innocent?
Only if Bush goes first! But seriously, we already have this. It's called Get-Mo, but w/o the court room. Hell, if Bush's policies were allowed to expand any further, we wouldn't have any judicial system in this country so we may need to 'borrow' those UN courts.

Most of your other questions are merely conjecture; non-sequiturial at best and hypocritical to say the least (i.e. guilty until proven innocent), so I don't see much point on any further dialogue related to it. Sorry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections