Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:26 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,059 times

Advertisements

A New Hope - The World's View of Obama's Win - TIME

This is basically why I voted for him. I'd like for our country to be liked again, and I think 'the hooplah' facilitates that end. Here's to hoping the fairy dust doesn't wear off any time soon...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:29 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
And we care what France and Germany thinks, why?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
A New Hope - The World's View of Obama's Win - TIME

This is basically why I voted for him. I'd like for our country to be liked again, and I think 'the hooplah' facilitates that end. Here's to hoping the fairy dust doesn't wear off any time soon...
Funny how you left off Russia. And Iran. And North Korea.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...Q&refer=europe

Medvedev Plans to Deploy New Missiles in Obama's `First Test'

Old 11-05-2008, 08:31 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Perfect example of an idiot. Maybe because they could oh I don't know bomb us.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Because we are naive college freshmen girls who want everything to be just nice. We want whirled peas.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:35 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
I wonder what FRIENDLY Obama would do in this situation. Oh, I know--- Ignore the invasion because the USA needs to be a friendly nation.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 2 | 1990: Iraq invades Kuwait

1990: Iraq invades Kuwait
More than 100,000 Iraqi soldiers backed up by 700 tanks invaded the Gulf state of Kuwait in the early hours of this morning.

Iraqi forces have established a provisional government and their leader Saddam Hussein has threatened to turn Kuwait city into a "graveyard" if any other country dares to challenge the "take-over by force".

Iraqi jets have bombed targets in the capital and special forces have landed at the defence ministry and at the Emir's palace.
Road blocks are in place and there are reports of looting in the city's shops.

Initial reports suggest up to 200 people have been killed in heavy gunfire around the city.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Funny how you left off Russia. And Iran. And North Korea.

Bloomberg.com: Europe

Medvedev Plans to Deploy New Missiles in Obama's `First Test'
Yeah, I must have missed them when I wrote the article... yet I have time to talk to clowns such as yourself. How careless of me!

Quote:
Well for starters because they are rather large economies and make for great diplomatic allies. 2nd, because I realize there is a world beyond the U.S. borders and wealth goes beyond paper currency.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
I wonder what FRIENDLY Obama would do in this situation. Oh, I know--- Ignore the invasion because the USA needs to be a friendly nation.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 2 | 1990: Iraq invades Kuwait

1990: Iraq invades Kuwait
More than 100,000 Iraqi soldiers backed up by 700 tanks invaded the Gulf state of Kuwait in the early hours of this morning.

Iraqi forces have established a provisional government and their leader Saddam Hussein has threatened to turn Kuwait city into a "graveyard" if any other country dares to challenge the "take-over by force".

Iraqi jets have bombed targets in the capital and special forces have landed at the defence ministry and at the Emir's palace.
Road blocks are in place and there are reports of looting in the city's shops.

Initial reports suggest up to 200 people have been killed in heavy gunfire around the city.
Yes, ignoring Kuwait would have been a much better alternative to what has transpired since. But give the man a little more credit before passing your nonsensical judgments. Maybe the thing called 'diplomacy' can come to mean something again. I know... I know... you resent the word; don't know what it even means... time, padawan, time...

Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Yes, ignoring Kuwait probably would have been a better alternative to what has transpired since.
Ah yes, they will end up like

YouTube - Devastating effects of chemical weapons in Iraq

But isn't anyone glad that Saddam Hussein is gone now?????
He could still be alive today and threatening the US with the Holy War and influencing the World terrorists to attack the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qpse5p3JOU

Old 11-05-2008, 08:56 PM

Blah, blah, blah, it wasn't worth it. Plenty of terrible leaders in the world... Hussein wasn't half as terrifying as many leaders in Africa that devestate/exploit/murder to this day... do we intervene, no... hell, some leaders such as this we call allies (inc. Saddam when he was on our good side). Did Bush and Cheney really give a hoot about people in Iraq? Unequivocally h3ll no.

You must be cheeky when you say 'influencing the world leaders'... please tell me you are w/ such baseless drivel. Please don't be so naive ALL the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections