Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times

Advertisements

That man should have been our president. But we are too dumb and cling to the same ol' same ol'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Palin is NOTHING like Ron Paul, I'm sorry to say.
No need to apologize. Ron Paul is a good man. Palin is not even in his ball park. Ridiculous for someone to compare the two.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
He has some big feet for a lil guy. lol

Old 11-05-2008, 08:50 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Those shoes look way too big for him.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,059 times
I like the shoes... it kind of gives the ambiance of caricature.

I so wanted this man to be my president, so this pic does make me sad.

At least he spread a great deal of awareness, and continues to in the House.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
I like the shoes... it kind of gives the ambiance of caricature.

I so wanted this man to be my president, so this pic does make me sad.

At least he spread a great deal of awareness, and continues to in the House.
Yup, Campaign For Liberty is a good start...but needs some more support and solid plans for the future.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
It's a shame his ideas are way over the heads of a little more than 1/3 of Americans.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Paul is used to being a vanguard. He has not wavered from his beliefs and views and has remained the same principled man for longer than a good number of forum creepers have been alive.

Obviously a humble man who wears plain comfortable sneakers, takes a brown bag sack lunch to work in Congress, gives back his Congressional pension to the government, and is still thin because he doesn't let special interest buy his lunch.

Crusty ole gramps, maybe so, boring to some, but he also flat out smoked every other Republican candidate in donations and fundraising during the primaries and most importantly of all, he had the youngest and most enthusiastic supporters who are now looking elsewhere other than the GOP. That should tell the Republican Party something when they cast aside their own future voters in favor of an 19th century day of the dead campaign based on negativity and divisiveness.

Like him or not, the guy is an icon of a road not chosen and will probably forever be thought of as "only if".

My hats off to Paul

Old 11-05-2008, 09:04 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Paul is used to being a vanguard. He has not wavered from his beliefs and views and has remained the same principled man for longer than a good number of forum creepers have been alive.

Obviously a humble man who wears plain comfortable sneakers, takes a brown bag sack lunch to work in Congress, gives back his Congressional pension to the government, and is still thin because he doesn't let special interest buy his lunch.

Crusty ole gramps, maybe so, boring to some, but he also flat out smoked every other Republican candidate in donations and fundraising during the primaries and most importantly of all, he had the youngest and most enthusiastic supporters who are now looking elsewhere other than the GOP. That should tell the Republican Party something when they cast aside their own future voters in favor of an 19th century day of the dead campaign based on negativity and divisiveness.

Like him or not, the guy is an icon of a road not chosen and will probably forever be thought of as "only if".

My hats off to Paul
Extremely well put! I swear... if this man was given the [rightful] full support of his political party, I would have hit the pavement every day spreading the word. It is why I registered Republican in the primaries. But the neo-cons attempted to smear him as a kook early on, p1$$ed me off to no end... I guess that is when my disenchantment to the 'new Republican' ideals took full shape. I guess now I can only imagine the values he would have brought back to the base, with strong fiscal policies; a Government that truly answers to the people, and a solid currency

Old 11-05-2008, 09:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Extremely well put! I swear... if this man was given the [rightful] full support of his political party, I would have hit the pavement every day spreading the word. It is why I registered Republican in the primaries. But the neo-cons attempted to smear him as a kook early on, p1$$ed me off to no end... I guess that is when my disenchantment to the 'new Republican' ideals took full shape. I guess now I can only imagine the values he would have brought back to the base, with strong fiscal policies; a Government that truly answers to the people, and a solid currency
The anarchist gave him that name not republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections