Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:01 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times

Advertisements

When asked about why the stock market was so successful during the Clinton years, Republicans like to site the fact that the stock market is cyclical. And now, after Obama was elected President, you say it's his fault the market is tanking???
Gimme a break!
Get another MO, sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 08:23 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,390 times
Could it be the 250,000 jobs that were lost just last month alone??

I wish bentlebee would unsubscribe from the obvious wingnut talking point emails she receives..

Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
History is written in 2 ways. This is the first half black, half white president...

History is written...the lowest drop on the stock market , the day after the people choose their new president.
Funny how you fail to mention that (with Obama projected to win) the market also had it's largest election-day rally in 24 years.

Ken

Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Funny how you fail to mention that (with Obama projected to win) the market also had it's largest election-day rally in 24 years.

Ken

Old 11-07-2008, 11:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It doesn't matter if the market goes up or down...this post is about writing History.....Obama chosen is History just as the stock market never has dropped as much as it did, the day after the election....I guess to hard for you to understand...
Correlation does not imply causation. Statistics 101.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:42 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Incase it hasn't been said already, this is not the first mixed race president. There have been at least five--that we know of. Of course, due to the color of their skin, many won't acknowledge that they were part Black, just as my white skin prevents many Native Americans from acknowledging my over half Native American heritage. But I still claim both my Russian Jew and my Native American sides.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:33 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
So with companies like DHL and Nortel laying off thousands, AIG asking for more money after a -$25 billion quarter, Circuit City filing for bankruptcy, GM at a 60 year low, Fannie Mae having more loans default and a host of other issues to hit today........how many people are going to once again blame the election of OBama on any decline (or increase for that matter) or are people going to realize the President does little to effect the market?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 AM

714 posts, read 1,539,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So with companies like DHL and Nortel laying off thousands, AIG asking for more money after a -$25 billion quarter, Circuit City filing for bankruptcy, GM at a 60 year low, Fannie Mae having more loans default and a host of other issues to hit today........how many people are going to once again blame the election of OBama on any decline (or increase for that matter) or are people going to realize the President does little to effect the market?
Your right. It's not all Obama's fault....we forgot to include Nancy Pelosi, Frank and all of the other people who helped....how much more clear can you get???????

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:45 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
Your right. It's not all Obama's fault....we forgot to include Nancy Pelosi, Frank and all of the other people who helped....how much more clear can you get???????

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.
Take a step back and breathe. You feeling better? Okay...here we go. It's the past 8 years and previous that have contributed as a whole to this mess. Not just Dems and not just Reps...but all greedy idiot politicians who looked out for their own best interests and not the peoples. Greedy companies who saw an opportunity to make money off of the CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) and then the companies who decided to gamble with Sub-Prime loans and more. Blame the whole lot of them.

Once people get over the fact that our government has horribly betrayed us fiscally we can get towards moving forward and making it through this cycle in the market.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 835 times
OMG Quelinda! I thought I was the only person on the planet who remembered that if you are 1/2 white and 1/2 black, you are considered all black. I'm really sick of arguing that point with my white friends. Pisses me off. I'm going to research where it is written and where it is the "law".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections