Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I went around the dial as I went about my daily work and listened to a sampling of the right wing talk show host. To my surprise, one of them- Neil Boortz- seemed to accept the results and said that he was willing to give President Obama his due. I was actually shocked because Boortz is usually a vile racist andc was one of the worst offenders before the election.
On the other hand, I heard nothing but contempt from Hannity and Limbaugh. Both of them sat there and stewed and pouted all afternoon. Hannity was promising "conservatism in exile" while rush just pouted for the most part.
My feeling about them is basically that America is going a different way now. Reaganism is dead. We are headed in a different direction now under the leadership of President Obama. Hannity, Limbaugh and their followers have a choice to make- they can either get on board or get left behind. If they choose to get on board, President Obama has stated that their ideas will be given a fair hearing. No they won't get their total way on many issues but their influence can have an effect on how issues and policies are dealt with if they are sitting at the table.
On the other hand, they can sit in the corner and spend the next 8 years pouting and crying like spoiled children that did not get their way. It is totally up to them whether they want to be a part of the new America or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,538 times
Anyone know what Glenn Beck is saying? Just curious.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Anyone know what Glenn Beck is saying? Just curious.
Haven't heard anything from or about Beck since he got canned on CNN. I'm at work during his radio show.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,552,439 times
Beck was not "canned". He was offered a better job at Fox. Conservatism is by no means dead. It is strengthened. Lived through the 70s? If not, you might want to read up on it. History repeats itself.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Haven't heard anything from or about Beck since he got canned on CNN. I'm at work during his radio show.
Wow. I must be out of the loop. I didn't even know he got canned.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 AM

438 posts, read 965,165 times
[SIZE=3]I turned on Hannity leaving work yesterday and it was so great. He was practically in tears, screaming he is a “conservative in exile” and going on about us being communist and that 53 million people don’t agree with Obama’s views. I remember in 04 when bush got 59 million against him and he put down the same argument from the left by saying “too bad, you lost” but now…[/SIZE]

Old 11-06-2008, 06:35 AM

493 posts, read 717,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Hannity, Limbaugh and their followers have a choice to make- they can either get on board or get left behind. If they choose to get on board, President Obama has stated that their ideas will be given a fair hearing. No they won't get their total way on many issues but their influence can have an effect on how issues and policies are dealt with if they are sitting at the table.
On the other hand, they can sit in the corner and spend the next 8 years pouting and crying like spoiled children that did not get their way. It is totally up to them whether they want to be a part of the new America or not.
Hannity has gotten on board, I was shocked last night. He said that he will give him a chance and admitted that he ran a brilliant campaign and congratulates him, he just wants to see the real him now that he is off the campaign trail, because the Rev. Wright situation still bothers him... which is understandable, but I was put off by the fact that he was able to be that civil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections