Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,555,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
My 7 year old daughter said last night that a kid in her class told her that "Obama kills babies". She was in tears because she voted for Obama in her class's election. Obviously the kid picked it up from a parent somewhere. Regardless of where you fall on the abortion issue, it's very sad that some parents would drag 7 year olds into a very complicated, contentious and gut-wrenching ADULT issue to which they have no sense of understanding, and to use such divisive language at that.

In my opinion, parents have no business talking about the abortion issue with 7 year olds.
I have never, ever, had a problem teaching children of any age the value of a human life, even as an embryo or fetus.

Obama is for infanticide, the killing of viable children after a botched abortion and third trimester abortion.

If you have no respect for the innocent, then you should not have a problem with everyday crimes such as battery and murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 PM

38,602 posts, read 26,213,541 times
"a very complicated, contentious and gut-wrenching ADULT issue"

That is what is involved in voting. Perhaps your school should put off classroom voting until your child is ready for the issues that go along with it. That will still give the left in concert with the NEA plenty of time to form her into a left wing monster who has the adult capacity to rationalize any immoral action including pregnancy termination.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
And just what "brainwashing" are you referring to?

[SIZE=2]
YouTube - Obama Youth Regiment
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
YouTube - Sing for Change: Barack Kids Serenade Dear Leader Obama
[/SIZE]

Old 11-06-2008, 07:43 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,862,133 times
Quote:
My 7 year old daughter said last night that a kid in her class told her that "Obama kills babies". She was in tears because she voted for Obama in her class's election. Obviously the kid picked it up from a parent somewhere. Regardless of where you fall on the abortion issue, it's very sad that some parents would drag 7 year olds into a very complicated, contentious and gut-wrenching ADULT issue to which they have no sense of understanding, and to use such divisive language at that.

In my opinion, parents have no business talking about the abortion issue with 7 year olds.
But Obama wants to teach kindergarteners about sex, remember? Twisted thinking is all I can say.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,862,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Obama doesn't support abortion. He supports a woman's right to choose. Although I am not for abortion, I do believe that every individual has a right to make their own choice. God gives us all free will.
WRONG! He signed said himself that he supports partial birth abortions and not to give medical treatment to babies that survive abortions. He's a sick, sick person.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
It was definitely a good teaching opportunity, although you hope not to have to do with with tears in your eyes. Parenting is always fluid. Half the time you're teaching them values and beliefs that you have, and the other half trying to help them understand where other people are coming from. And hopefully you ingrain in them a sense of balance where they will make their own decisions wisely.

Personally I would never use the kind of language that I've heard other kids pick up from adults. This was also an opportunity (because of this election) to teach our kids that they might hear other kids say bad things about black people (or any non-whites), and that it is wrong. Oy vey. Parenting.
Do you mean words like "whitey"?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
There's a massive difference between "Aunt Susan's baby wasn't ready to be born yet, so his spirit went back to heaven" and "Obama kills babies, check out these pictures of what he likes to do."

Children dont need to hear this stuff, and personally I think it's selfish and sadistic to force them to have to know about it. Why not just let them be children! The world is rough enough.

Right off the cliff every single time!

What pictures?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
What I meant is inflicting their prejudicial beliefs on their children like so many people do. I understand that parents need to bring their children up in the right way and give them instruction. Just leave their own prejudices out of it.

I understand that parents need to bring their children up in the right way and give them instruction. Just leave their own prejudices out of it.

What, are you a Washington lawyer or something?

What is left to teach them?

I just want to know what the word "is" is?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
WRONG! He signed said himself that he supports partial birth abortions and not to give medical treatment to babies that survive abortions. He's a sick, sick person.
As I said before, I do not believe in abortion. However, a president cannot please everybody. You have stated in your edit status that you are gathering your ammo. Are you planning on murdering someone, also?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:57 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I understand that parents need to bring their children up in the right way and give them instruction. Just leave their own prejudices out of it.

What, are you a Washington lawyer or something?

What is left to teach them?

I just want to know what the word "is" is?
For example, if you are a racist and don't like black people then don't pass that ignorance onto your child. Would you like me to go on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections