Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:00 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,426,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
There's a massive difference between "Aunt Susan's baby wasn't ready to be born yet, so his spirit went back to heaven" and "Obama kills babies, check out these pictures of what he likes to do."

Children dont need to hear this stuff, and personally I think it's selfish and sadistic to force them to have to know about it. Why not just let them be children! The world is rough enough.
There are a lot of things children don't need to hear of but if you have a television or radio they will hear it. And if you don't but your kids go outside to play with other kids or go to school, they will hear it.

My kids were fighting and arguing one day and I told them to stop, that I wanted to see some brotherly love around this house and the 4 year old turned and said with that sassy face 4 year olds can make: "What, do you think we're gay or something?" -- I have no idea where he got that -- but kids today are almost impossible to shelter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 12:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavetoSay View Post
Our six-year-old also knows that Obama supports abortion. We informed her about that. What is moral about killing babies? Have you ever heard the beating heart of your own baby in the womb? The first time I heard it, I was in tears -- tears of joy. Who can kill an innocent life?
Then I hope at 6 years of age you explained to her how NOT to get a baby in your belly!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:01 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,588,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
We can only hope that these children grow up with the ability to discern things for themselves instead of being indoctrinated with their parents' beliefs.

Right. Parents shouldn't "indoctrinate" their kids. Let television, hollywood, and public schools take care of the indoctrination.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM

574 posts, read 1,205,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
You're teaching your children that anyone who disagrees with them is stupid?

Good lord!
You're an idiot if you think talking out your ass means "disagreeing" with. Some things are just wrong, lies, figments of some nut bag's imagination. I'm going to tell my kids that they just disagree? I don't think so. I teach them if they hear something, research it...don't just believe what ever a classmate OR YOUR PARENTS for that matter tell you. But yeah, if you are with someone that's going to push their misinformation you, call them out on it. If those kids parents think it's so important those kids spread the "truth" at school, no reason my kids can't counter that.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:03 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Then I hope at 6 years of age you explained to her how NOT to get a baby in your belly!
This is what I mean exactly. People are always going on about murdering babies, etc. rather than taking the responsibility for their actions which is the root of the problem.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:04 PM

574 posts, read 1,205,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Congratulations. You are just as bad as the parents who told their kids that Obama kills babies.
No need to congratulate me. I have great kids. They'd never throw the first punch, verbally or otherwise, but I'm sure going to give them the tools they need to stand up for themselves.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:05 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Right. Parents shouldn't "indoctrinate" their kids. Let television, hollywood, and public schools take care of the indoctrination.
What I meant is inflicting their prejudicial beliefs on their children like so many people do. I understand that parents need to bring their children up in the right way and give them instruction. Just leave their own prejudices out of it.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,417,662 times
Neanderthals teaching hatred to their children, and yes that applies even if you teach it based on your religious beliefs.

Children learn hatred from their parents, nowhere else.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:08 PM

11,573 posts, read 13,886,688 times
Drama 101. A+

Old 11-06-2008, 12:08 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,026,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
There's a massive difference between "Aunt Susan's baby wasn't ready to be born yet, so his spirit went back to heaven" and "Obama kills babies, check out these pictures of what he likes to do."

Children dont need to hear this stuff, and personally I think it's selfish and sadistic to force them to have to know about it. Why not just let them be children! The world is rough enough.
Some children ask questions at a younger age than others...that's why they might know about it. Most people underestimate kids. Age appropriate and factual answers are the right answers regardless of how tough a question or the age of the child.

Besides, I didn't say to tell anyone to look at pictures of aborted babies and never would. What I did say is that the two situations are not very different except one is natural and the other is not. My kids wouldn't have been satisfied with 'his spirit went back to heaven' because they would have wanted to know what happened to the actual baby, not just the spirit. Yes, it is difficult but the job of a parent is to steer kids through difficult things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections