Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:18 PM

7,160 posts, read 4,715,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yep. Emanuel was on the board of Freddie Mac. Had a hand in the bailout. Nice choice.

He left the board in 2001.

Please don't get me started on the bailout. Everybody had a hand in that turkey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 09:55 PM

553 posts, read 833,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol...Who do you think you're fooling?

Or perhaps I'm wrong and you're exhibiting "Change We can Believe In."

So you can spend hours doing a background check on my posts in order to find the two most inflamatory posts I made... But still no enlightenment!!

I never claimed I was above getting caught up in emotion and frustration before and playing into the BACK AND FORTH post-slinging that was going on here... If you've ever actually engaged in a discussion with me you would learn a bit about me... then again, you've probably read it all.

Dormergirl was antagonizing my opinion and request for more information or clarification...... You saw it fit to jump on...

despite the sincere questions asked by some people and your claims of answers... you still won't engage in conversation... You prefer to be perpetuate mud slinging.

Sad.. very sad

Old 11-07-2008, 05:58 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
So you can spend hours doing a background check on my posts in order to find the two most inflamatory posts I made...
You over-estimate your depth, contributing posts and starting a thread which sets the theme for all subsequent conversation are opposite ends of the spectrum. Rahm is now the gatekeeper in the Obama Administration. He is a seasoned politician, smart, very driven and loyal. His intricate understanding of how politics works on a procedural level as well as who owes who, how they ascended, and many of the intimate ties between them will be invaluable to the President. His knowledge of finance & business when offering advice to the President as well as his prior friendship with the President make him a good selection. Rahm's understanding of how the President deliberates decision's, because of the their personal relationship, will be a valuable asset as he controls access to the President, takes his orders and sets about pushing the President's agenda out to Congress and the various agencies. The fact that Rahm has promoted moderate politicians lends credibility to a more centrist style of agenda from the Administration, and his ties and friendships with Republican's will help get things done. The greatest cries will undoubtedly come from those who wish to claim President-elect Obama is inexperienced and weak, and have now seen access that they thought would be easy to gain and exploit to their advantage, closed considerably. The Judgment displayed by the President-elect continues to be razor sharp, and on it's game....time will tell...

Old 11-07-2008, 08:39 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,225,567 times
Hey fellow bots, now you all know that Obama's cabinet choices will be analyzed, picked apart, and criticized to death. That's just how its gonna be. There were a few Black people calling in to a radio station and they are now mad at Obama because he didn't pick a Black man . So, we're just gonna have to take these criticisms and silly attacks with a grain of salt. Because there is no way he is going to make eveybody happy with his cab choices. Its just not possible. So don't get upset at the millions of threads and articles that are surely to come. For Obama, I'm sure its just another day at the office.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 AM

11,689 posts, read 24,642,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
He left the board in 2001.

Please don't get me started on the bailout. Everybody had a hand in that turkey.
It's thanksgiving already?

Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,250,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Amen.

But you would have had to be a gullible leftist moron to ever think that Barry had any intent to do the bipartisan thing.

I'll give him as much support as I can, but the straws on the camel are starting to mount and he hasn't even been sworn in yet.

Osama Bin Laden for Secretary of Defense, anyone?
Well, we'd have to ask George where he is before we can appoint him anything....

Old 11-07-2008, 04:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,456,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You over-estimate your depth, contributing posts and starting a thread which sets the theme for all subsequent conversation are opposite ends of the spectrum. Rahm is now the gatekeeper in the Obama Administration. He is a seasoned politician, smart, very driven and loyal. His intricate understanding of how politics works on a procedural level as well as who owes who, how they ascended, and many of the intimate ties between them will be invaluable to the President. His knowledge of finance & business when offering advice to the President as well as his prior friendship with the President make him a good selection. Rahm's understanding of how the President deliberates decision's, because of the their personal relationship, will be a valuable asset as he controls access to the President, takes his orders and sets about pushing the President's agenda out to Congress and the various agencies. The fact that Rahm has promoted moderate politicians lends credibility to a more centrist style of agenda from the Administration, and his ties and friendships with Republican's will help get things done. The greatest cries will undoubtedly come from those who wish to claim President-elect Obama is inexperienced and weak, and have now seen access that they thought would be easy to gain and exploit to their advantage, closed considerably. The Judgment displayed by the President-elect continues to be razor sharp, and on it's game....time will tell...
Obama has appointed his Beria.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:46 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,578,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
Dormergirl was antagonizing my opinion and request for more information or clarification...... You saw it fit to jump on...
Dormergirl??? Who's Dormergirl????

Old 11-07-2008, 05:51 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,578,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Obama has appointed his Beria.
Oh SNAP!!! I can't believe you brought that name into this!!!! Rahm is a calculating shark, but he's no Beria ... that would make Obama ... Stalin.

You may want to rethink.

Rahm is an intellectual Karl Rove, which makes him very very scary.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 PM

553 posts, read 833,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Dormergirl??? Who's Dormergirl????

Yea, figures your only response would be some lame exploitation of a typo....

You're better off just remaining silent altogether...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections