Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:22 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
The fact that Brett Hume (sp) who's been a huge Obama fan, admitted Tuesday night that we know nothing about the guy other than the fact that he's excellent at manipulating people for political gain. This really SHOULD be a sad day for America - that we no longer care about the character or beliefs of the people we elect.
TODAY is a sad day? What about the character or beliefs of Clinton? We elected him and he lied to the American people: "I did not have sex with that woman!" Yet he wasn't impeached. Unfortunately there are many corrupt politicians in the Senate and Congress and we elected them. They tell you one thing and do something else. I hope Obama doesn't disappoint his worshippers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Gosh you guys are ignorant... Al you do is ignore facts and truth.
Britt Hume doesn't speak for 64 million people so no it's no fact.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Some answers? The truth? How about some consistency between what he claims now and his voting record?

You tell me, based on his voting record and his statements....is he for or against private gun ownership? Which income levels should be taxed more...is it $42,000 or $250,000? Is he for or against drilling off shore?? I think his answer to that was 'I'll look into that.' Is he really interested in the lives of the unborn when his first priority is signing the First Choice Act?

I think there is a lot we do not know.
Still pushing that McCain line "we need to know the full extent of these relationships". It was nothing there and the election is over. Let it go..Also we knew a lot about McCain, just so happened we didn't like what we knew.

Do we know Palin???????

Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
TODAY is a sad day? What about the character or beliefs of Clinton? We elected him and he lied to the American people: "I did not have sex with that woman!" Yet he wasn't impeached. Unfortunately there are many corrupt politicians in the Senate and Congress and we elected them. They tell you one thing and do something else. I hope Obama doesn't disappoint his worshippers.
I believe Clinton was impeached. He lied about sex. Think of all that Bush and his cronies have lied about, yet he hasn't been impeached.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:58 PM

382 posts, read 954,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
What can I tell ya other than what I've already said? If YOU are interested, YOU go find the answers. Obama has been out there for 2 years now campaigning for president....he has fielded pretty much every question that's been thrown at him. If we haven't asked him the right question, its not HIS fault.

and....dontcha think its a little late to be asking now the election is over? News flash: Obama won...get over it. I think its high-time for you people to put on your big-boy/girl pants and start acting like adults.
You mean like how you people got over how Bush won 2 elections? Perhaps you people should have put on your bigboy/girl pants and acted like adults over the past 8 years. Now you people want the rest of us to "stand behind" our new president and cooperate. Well, why didn't you people cooperate and stand behind your president Bush? Typical leftist double standard.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Still pushing that McCain line "we need to know the full extent of these relationships". It was nothing there and the election is over. Let it go..Also we knew a lot about McCain, just so happened we didn't like what we knew.

Do we know Palin???????
Actually, no. I was referring to issues which is pretty clear from my posts in this thread. Read them and get back to me if you wish.

Perhaps you were thinking of someone else in another thread....we all look alike in here.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:12 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
The fact that Brett Hume (sp) who's been a huge Obama fan, admitted Tuesday night that we know nothing about the guy other than the fact that he's excellent at manipulating people for political gain. This really SHOULD be a sad day for America - that we no longer care about the character or beliefs of the people we elect.
If you didn't notice the character of Obama throughtout the lenghty Primary process and general election, you either weren't paying attention or had a disposition to disbelieve the good moral actions and behaviors of his campaign, just saying.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
People thought they knew George Bush and look what happened.
Sorry ... but before both elections, the Democrats shouted their heads off about Bush's incompetency, but the Republicans refused to listen!

And now look how we ended up!

Bush will leave office with the absolute lowest approval rating of any president in history!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,578,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I believe Clinton was impeached. He lied about sex. Think of all that Bush and his cronies have lied about, yet he hasn't been impeached.
Clinton lied to a Federal Grand Jury!

Get your damned facts straight!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
Clinton lied to a Federal Grand Jury!

Get your damned facts straight!
Yes and there was no good reason at all for Clinton to have lied because he and Hillary had an open marriage, it was not like the Monica affair mattered to her at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections