Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,061,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
You people are really obsessed with her aren't you? She really scared the ---- out of you, didn't she? Go, Sarah! I'm not surprised you believe everything you read about her, after all, you believed everything The One said.
YES! As many have said a gazillion times we were VERY afraid that this airhead, power -crazed, weak kneed, spineless , stupid, brain dead, idiot who thinks Africa is a country would get anywhere near the White House....your standards are very low.....I'm not surprised that you believe anything good written about the GUTTERSNIPE.

That's an old-fashioned word that describes the B perfectly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,945,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YES! As many have said a gazillion times we were VERY afraid that this airhead, power -crazed, weak kneed, spineless , stupid, brain dead, idiot who thinks Africa is a country would get anywhere near the White House....your standards are very low.....I'm not surprised that you believe anything good written about the GUTTERSNIPE.

That's an old-fashioned word that describes the B perfectly!
Sounds like a personal problem. As for the bottom of the barrel, last ditch effort Africa is a continent whining, I can't even count how many politicians and other public figures, as well as so-called educated college grads who have referred to "the country of Africa". Did I go make a scene over them? Did I come here and cry my eyes out? Try to find one post where I did. Now go dry your eyes and get over it.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,061,366 times
Quote:
Sounds like a personal problem. As for the bottom of the barrel, last ditch effort Africa is a continent whining, I can't even count how many politicians and other public figures, as well as so-called educated college grads who have referred to "the country of Africa". Did I go make a scene over them? Did I come here and cry my eyes out? Try to find one post where I did. Now go dry your eyes and get over it.
POST the PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And let's ad her stupidity to recognize Africa as a continent to her LOOOOONNNNGGGG list of stupidity and know that YOU support her.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:53 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
POST the PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And let's ad her stupidity to recognize Africa as a continent to her LOOOOONNNNGGGG list of stupidity and know that YOU support her.
What's the next step down from stupid? B'c if you think she's by any means stupid, that's what you are, the next step down. For a stupid woman she sure did a great job of taking on oil men and winning--and these aren't stupid men. Now wipe that kool-aid from your chin and go to bed.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:59 AM

998 posts, read 1,506,744 times
I have never heard anyone call Africa a country.

It's grade school level learning.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I have never heard anyone call Africa a country.

It's grade school level learning.
Well that settles it and we heard it here first, it never happened before Palin.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:07 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,550,880 times
No wonder she took 5 colleges 6 years to get 1 degree.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Well that settles it and we heard it here first, it never happened before Palin.
Huh?

I am not saying it's never happened. I am saying that in my lifetime of 43 years, I have never heard it until now from Palin (supposedly - I am waiting for more info before I decide if it's true).

The point being, when someone claims they've heard it many times, and other people have never heard it, I start to wonder if someone may be exaggerating for the sake of argument.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Huh?

I am not saying it's never happened. I am saying that in my lifetime of 43 years, I have never heard it until now from Palin (supposedly - I am waiting for more info before I decide if it's true).

The point being, when someone claims they've heard it many times, and other people have never heard it, I start to wonder if someone may be exaggerating for the sake of argument.
I'm not exaggerating but believe what you like. I'm in the One campaign--you know, one.org?--and we talk about Africa several times a week in emails, on the phone, in meetings... That's a lot of potential for mistakes when we're constantly pulling in new people to join the cause. Even educated people make the mistake. ::gasp::

Old 11-07-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
I'm not exaggerating but believe what you like. I'm in the One campaign--you know, one.org?--and we talk about Africa several times a week in emails, on the phone, in meetings... That's a lot of potential for mistakes when we're constantly pulling in new people to join the cause. Even educated people make the mistake. ::gasp::
According to the leak, it wasn't just a word substitution mistake. She didn't just substitute "country" for "continent". Apparently, it came up in a conversation about South Africa, and they realized at some point in the conversation that she didn't realize that it was a continent, because things of she said.

Anyway, I'm not going to criticize her much on this until we get a little more info, and I am sure we will, either to her benefit or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections