Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
they should let her keep the clothing

after all, they are now throwing her under the bus on Fox..
Fox isn't throwing her under the bus, they are just reporting what the McCain aides are saying. I'm thinking the McCain aides are trying to cover their asses for some reason and that's why they are throwing Sarah under the bus. Palin's aides say she did NOT want all those clothes, was naive about how much clothes cost and was shocked at the price tags, and didn't even wear a lot of the clothes that were picked for her. And she DID start wearing her own clothes again after all the fallout. I thought it was great that she wore jeans the last day of campaigning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 02:12 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Story in today's Denver Post, ex L.A.Times: Lawyer to retrieve Palin's clothes - The Denver Post

Poor child, she's gonna look like a raggamuffin after all this.
Kind of like she did when she went to vote the night of the election? My wife said "What kind of V.P. candidate wears jeans and a Carhardt when she knows she will be on camera?" Don't they have JC Penney in Alaska? Kohl's? Wal-Mart? You don't have to dress like trash to not look "elitist."

Old 11-06-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
The investment sure paid off. Landslide. And it was for all the speakers and ppl at the convention, not for one person.

Maybe the black dress is to mourn the failure of Palin.
It wasn't a black dress. It was a black WIDOW dress. I thought it was entirely inappropriate. The dress didn't look that good for one thing, and for another - a black widow? When her husband has been elected president? I didn't even vote for Obama but that made me uneasy seeing her wear that dress. I have worried for the last 8 years that Bush might be assassinated and I'm sure that is a worry for the Obamas, too, and I hope no one is stupid enough to try that. I just think she should have worn something different. Maybe that same dress but only in black, no red on it.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:19 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
They're making this part up right????

"...and could not name the three countries that are part of the North American Free Trade Agreement — the United States, Canada and Mexico."She can't be THAT stupid can she??????

Old 11-06-2008, 02:19 PM

251 posts, read 413,484 times
Some of the clothes have gone mssing. I told yawl she was packng suitcases and stealing clothes the other day.

Again, I was right.

She also showed up at MCain's party the other night with a speech, but they had to stop her and tell her lsing VPs don't get to give speeches.

She really thinks she's important.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:23 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,693 times
Poor Sarah! Oh well,she'll have THIS sexy lil' number to fall back on...

Old 11-06-2008, 02:31 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
They're making this part up right????

"...and could not name the three countries that are part of the North American Free Trade Agreement — the United States, Canada and Mexico."She can't be THAT stupid can she??????
Palin 2012!

Old 11-06-2008, 02:32 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
And people think that the democratic party is MEAN???? You gotta be kidding me!

Old 11-06-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I have been preaching this since day one. Put their views on the Internet, campaign for one month and then vote. You will save tons of money!!
I know this is not the way it's done, but I don't see why we can't choose one candidate from each party and have them work together as co-presidents or the one with more votes as president and less votes vice president. Or two tickets but each ticket having a GOP and a Dem. It just seems like that would go a long way in unifying the nation and helping us to all work together instead of being so divided.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:42 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Fox isn't throwing her under the bus, they are just reporting what the McCain aides are saying. I'm thinking the McCain aides are trying to cover their asses for some reason and that's why they are throwing Sarah under the bus. Palin's aides say she did NOT want all those clothes, was naive about how much clothes cost and was shocked at the price tags, and didn't even wear a lot of the clothes that were picked for her. And she DID start wearing her own clothes again after all the fallout. I thought it was great that she wore jeans the last day of campaigning.
Uh huh....

Quote:
McCain aides said Wednesday that spending on Palin's wardrobe continued well after the convention, with one custom-made outfit showing up around the time of her Saturday Night Live appearance Oct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections