Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,110,023 times

Advertisements

I knew the backbiting would be rough & tough but man the McCain folks didn't waste anytime throwing Palin under the bus....Did you guys see the video of her in the lobby of the hotel the night of the election....Was that her Dad w/his hand around her rubbing her arm...She looked like she'd been crying and was running into Daddy's arms for comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM

523 posts, read 1,675,683 times
I don't think the RNC can just let her keep the clothes as someone suggested in an earlier post. From what I've read, the Federal election laws prohibit the use of campaign funds (whether private or public funds) for such personal purchases.

Her and her family should have left it all behind in AZ and gone home with exactly what they brought with them when they entered the national scene. But since they didn't, why bother going through the trouble of collecting the clothes from her and her family. Since there are receipts, Sarah will know the exact value she'll need to claim as income on her tax return.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM

251 posts, read 412,048 times
Who was the first to say she would be the fall girl?

Me.

Who was the first to say the election would be a landslide?

Me.

Who was the first to say the landslide would be for Obama?

Me.

Who was the first to say clothes would go missing?

Me.

Me. Me. Me. Me.

I'm always right.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:59 PM

251 posts, read 412,048 times
I never once saw her be affection with the first dude of Alaska. Who was the first to point out she wasn't wearing her wedding right?

Me.

It then became a mainstream media story.

She claims she didn't wear it because it hurt her finger when shaking hands, but you wear a ring on your left hand and shake hands with your right hand, so her story was bunk.

They stole some close and will sell them for profit.

Check e bay.

I know the feds are.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Quake View Post
Who was the first to say she would be the fall girl?

Me.

Who was the first to say the election would be a landslide?

Me.

Who was the first to say the landslide would be for Obama?

Me.

Who was the first to say clothes would go missing?

Me.

Me. Me. Me. Me.

I'm always right.

The spokesperson for the LIBERALS!!!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,134,862 times
This is all a load of horse crap. Palin needs to speak out and defend herself. I knew when they put a woman on the ticket, they would use her for a convenient scapegoat...pathetic.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,793,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Do you realize it was like 18 degrees out right?
But a Carhardt? They do have JC Penney in Anchorage:

JCPenney : women : coats : wool

Old 11-06-2008, 07:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,096,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It wasn't a black dress. It was a black WIDOW dress. I thought it was entirely inappropriate. The dress didn't look that good for one thing, and for another - a black widow? When her husband has been elected president? I didn't even vote for Obama but that made me uneasy seeing her wear that dress. I have worried for the last 8 years that Bush might be assassinated and I'm sure that is a worry for the Obamas, too, and I hope no one is stupid enough to try that. I just think she should have worn something different. Maybe that same dress but only in black, no red on it.
"" I thought it was great that she wore jeans the last day of campaigning.""

Jeez, do base all your political opinions on what someone wears?????

What old fashioned superstitions...OOOHHHH wearing blllllaaackkkkk!!!

Doesn't mean a damn thing ...black is worn everywhere for everything...

Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Kind of like she did when she went to vote the night of the election? My wife said "What kind of V.P. candidate wears jeans and a Carhardt when she knows she will be on camera?" Don't they have JC Penney in Alaska? Kohl's? Wal-Mart? You don't have to dress like trash to not look "elitist."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Do you realize it was like 18 degrees out right?
Actually, I think she voted early in the morning in Alaska and later flew to AZ. I read in another thread that the Carhardt she was wearing is very expensive and considered elite up there.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 PM

Default Diva

The picture I love is #4 of the slide show at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/06/us...l?ref=politics

Caption: "For her part, Ms. Palin told reporters in Arizona on Wednesday morning that "there is absolutely no diva in me." Left, Ms. Palin's motorcade in Anchorage."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections