Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times

Advertisements

A "Letter from a Small Business Owner" was posted today on this forum. Supposedly, it is all over the internet. This is just an anti Obama post. I wonder if this post from NC is connected. It looks like a chain letter. Here's the link I found:
Letter from a small business owner
Why doesn't the OP give us the company name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
FWIW, from a jobs standpoint, I expect the new Democratic governor, the majority Democratic NC Gen Assembly, and the Democratic County Commissioner board to have a much more negative impact than an Obama win. They're the ones that control more in terms of local economy than the Federal Government.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrl View Post
lol
whats.. your POINT?
lol

Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
A "Letter from a Small Business Owner" was posted today on this forum. Supposedly, it is all over the internet. This is just an anti Obama post. I wonder if this post from NC is connected. It looks like a chain letter. Here's the link I found:
Letter from a small business owner
Why doesn't the OP give us the company name?
If he/she gave the company name, it would open them up to lawsuits. Even though NC is a "right to work" state, a good attorney can suck the company's funds dry fighting a case like that.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:35 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
If he/she gave the company name, it would open them up to lawsuits. Even though NC is a "right to work" state, a good attorney can suck the company's funds dry fighting a case like that.
Good point.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:41 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
The economy was on its last leg before the election. That’s why George W. Bush begged the American people to go along the “Bailout”, remember?

The affects of the new administration won’t be felt on the economy until 2010 at the soonest, for better or worse.

Regardless of who won the election things are going to get worse because Americans will have to adapt to the fact that they now have to live within their means and thanks to the last administration those means have been diminished.
Both parties are to blame for this mess. The President and Congress were lining their pockets and looking the other way while the banking world went nuts and started giving out loans to 4 year old kids and pet dogs for 750K homes.

As a fiscal conservative, 2010 will be very interesting. If Obama delivers what he really wants to do, the economy is in the tank once and for all, and you'll see a return of the Misery Index not seen since Jimmy Carter. Rates will soar into the mid-high teens, and the current situation we are in will seem like Utopia.

Plenty of blame to be spread around with this disaster, and these two joker parties called the Democrats and Republicans are squarely to blame. They both saw this coming down the highway, and both failed to stop it. Why? Politicans think of only one person...themselves.

If you believe any more than 1% of what these empty suit blowhards have to say, you need a head examination.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:43 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
The economy was on its last leg before the election. That’s why George W. Bush begged the American people to go along the “Bailout”, remember?

The affects of the new administration won’t be felt on the economy until 2010 at the soonest, for better or worse.

Regardless of who won the election things are going to get worse because Americans will have to adapt to the fact that they now have to live within their means and thanks to the last administration those means have been diminished.

You were doing great right up to the last few words. Please elaborate on how Bush diminished the "means" of Americans.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Well I just found out that my coworker's boyfriend was laid off today, along with many of his coworkers. He worked for a small business. The owner said that given the outcome of the election, he needs to cut costs now, in order to cover the extra expense he will have under the new leadership's ecomomic plan. Needless to say, my coworker's boyfriend and the business owner are not very happy. The disastrous stock market reaction to the election is giving us clear signals as to what the future will hold for business around the country, INCLUDING here in the Triangle.

Has anyone else been told of any layoffs happening in the Triangle, resulting from the election results. Both ones that are happening now or projected going forward? I think this will be a game changer for the Triangle. I don't know if things will look the same here going forward. I wish the best of luck to everyone in the Triangle that ends up out of work.
A CEO of the Nation largest franchise in beauty... said they would lay off people if Obama would be chosen and they already have started laying off workers at HQ!.....
The stock market did exactly what was expected if he would be the next president.....

Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
And so the self-fulfilling, righteousness-fueled prophesy begins.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:47 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I don't believe what the boss said. I have employees and I haven't even started laying anyone off. I am waiting to see what he really does with taxes. It is stupid to do anything until one actually knows what they are dealing with. I am betting that the boss was looking for an excuse for his layoff and decided to blame it all on Obama, even though he has no idea what taxes will be in the future.
That's really true. I don't actually believe the story at all, but let's say it's true - talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

However I will reiterate that the whole thing is a fabrication and was intended to troll, in my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections