Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,834,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSpy View Post
Fine, let's talk about the dress then. It looks like a lava lamp.
LOL, lava lamp--I think you're right! A little too groovy for me, but everyone has different tastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 PM

68,276 posts, read 54,010,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Well, that would definitely ensure Ron Paul would never win...

It'd probably shorten the campaign season considerably!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
search google, honey.
snicker snicker, didn't think you had anything. But hey, I agree with you that the dress was ugly. Well, maybe not ugly--just a little too lava-lampish for me.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:26 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,139,265 times
Who cares? I was too busy jumping up & down screaming & cheering!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,016,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
Oh by the way, Palin's wardrobe was paid for by the McCain campaign- that's the scandal there. Hmmm, I wonder if she's donated it yet?
Actually the GOP has had to send a lawyer after her to snatch the clothes back - there's a thread on it.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:30 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,125,165 times
Quote:
snicker snicker, didn't think you had anything. But hey, I agree with you that the dress was ugly. Well, maybe not ugly--just a little too lava-lampish for me.
I didn't think it was ugly but could have been better. I searched google because I glanced at it and it immediately said "black widow" to me and I thought surely others thought the same thing. I was right. I'm not going to give you links because you can put black widow dress in google just as easily as I did and come up with the same results I got. You don't want links, you just want to antagonize. So if you are really interested in reading what I read people saying, you will do your own search. If you're not interested, then why should I bother on your behalf anyway?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:43 PM

LOL, hey, this has been fun. I did google "black widow dress" and there were three responses that were related to Michelle Obama. Which is not exactly what I would call "all over the internet" but even though the pickings were meager they were very entertaining.

So here's what I found: The first one was written by GodlikeProductions Conspiracy Forum. This is one bizarro site. The other top stories today: "Archaeologists discover 12,000 year-old grave of witch doctor" and "Hens eggs exploding because of hot-air balloons." I kid you not, check it out! Godlike conspiracy forum

Then a poster on liveleak wanted to know "Any Subliminal Messeges, Illuminati secret codes, or hidden meanings in Michelle's black widow dress?" She didn't have any responses.

The last one is a facebook page in which the OP suggests Michelle looks pregnant or is sending a secret spider message. 8 people responded, mostly mocking the OP, although one said it might be "some kind of African mystical stuff"

After that the Google links are just halloween costumes.

Ooooh, I'm shaking in my boots at the thought of these respectable internet sites all discussing the omen of Michelle's dress!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,139,265 times
Quote:
LOL, hey, this has been fun. I did google "black widow dress" and there were three responses that were related to Michelle Obama. Which is not exactly what I would call "all over the internet" but even though the pickings were meager they were very entertaining.

So here's what I found: The first one was written by GodlikeProductions Conspiracy Forum. This is one bizarro site. The other top stories today: "Archaeologists discover 12,000 year-old grave of witch doctor" and "Hens eggs exploding because of hot-air balloons." I kid you not, check it out! Godlike conspiracy forum

Then a poster on liveleak wanted to know "Any Subliminal Messeges, Illuminati secret codes, or hidden meanings in Michelle's black widow dress?" She didn't have any responses.

The last one is a facebook page in which the OP suggests Michelle looks pregnant or is sending a secret spider message. 8 people responded, mostly mocking the OP, although one said it might be "some kind of African mystical stuff"

After that the Google links are just halloween costumes.

Ooooh, I'm shaking in my boots at the thought of these respectable internet sites all discussing the omen of Michelle's dress!
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/lol/20.gif (broken link)

Old 11-06-2008, 04:51 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,893,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'm wondering why she would wear that dress. Do you think she realized the dress looks like a black widow? Do you think she wore it intentionally? I don't mean intentionally like she intends to be a widow, I mean intentionally as if to make a statement but I don't know what the statement would be...It bothers me a lot. I didn't vote for Obama but I certainly don't want anything to happen to him, either. I have worried for 8 years that someone would make an attempt on Bush's life. I just wish she'd picked a different dress.
Michelle Obama's dress made by Narciso Rodriguez -- chicagotribune.com

Instead, Tuesday night's dress--with its "Star Trek"-like molecular burst on the front ("Beam me up, Barack") and crisscross sash--comes hot off the spring 2009 runway collection of Narciso Rodriguez, one of the most critically acclaimed of New York Fashion Week.

Or maybe Obama, whose taste spans the price spectrum from White House/Black Market and J. Crew to Pinto and Rodriguez, just liked this dress.

Black Widow?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,061,777 times
I thought wow, I bet she bought that dress with her own money and it probably did not cost as much as a Cindy McCain's handbag. Actually, I was looking at the smiling faces of the girls, the loving looks between a family that worked hard and feels great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections