Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 06:59 PM

998 posts, read 1,507,969 times

Advertisements

I agree with the people who said "Lava Lamp"

I believe that she was trying to tell us that a man armed with a Lava Lamp was going to attack her husband.

It only makes sense, right?

I mean - ITS ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT WHEN I SAW THAT DRESS!

Now I am going to go paste old license plates into my stamp collector's book.

Just because it seems logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,128,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
This is your sorry attempt at inventing some reason to criticize her. There was nothing to suggest the dress was more in tune with funeral parlors. It was not all black, it did have striking red areas. I didn't pay attention to her dress until reading fashion police opinions, it was a vibrant dress, something one might wear to a party or upscale restaurant.
Funeral parlors? Huh? Where did you think I said that?!

And no, it really was not an attempt to criticize her. I just wondered about the dress and figured others had thought that it looked like a black widow dress too. It just seemed kind of out of place to me. And others DID think it looked like a black widow dress, because many people have commented on it. I wasn't talking about fashion or lack of fashion at all, just the black widow look of the dress. I personally didn't care for that peach colored dress that either Jill Biden or Cindy McCain (I don't remember which) was wearing, but this post wasn't about fashion.

If I wanted to criticize her it wouldn't be about her dress. I just wondered if others saw what I saw.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM

38,603 posts, read 26,220,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'm wondering why she would wear that dress. Do you think she realized the dress looks like a black widow? Do you think she wore it intentionally? I don't mean intentionally like she intends to be a widow, I mean intentionally as if to make a statement but I don't know what the statement would be...It bothers me a lot. I didn't vote for Obama but I certainly don't want anything to happen to him, either. I have worried for 8 years that someone would make an attempt on Bush's life. I just wish she'd picked a different dress.

She's in mourning for America!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,592,847 times
Quote:
I'm wondering why she would wear that dress. Do you think she realized the dress looks like a black widow? Do you think she wore it intentionally? I don't mean intentionally like she intends to be a widow, I mean intentionally as if to make a statement but I don't know what the statement would be...It bothers me a lot. I didn't vote for Obama but I certainly don't want anything to happen to him, either. I have worried for 8 years that someone would make an attempt on Bush's life. I just wish she'd picked a different dress.
Don't despair, I'm sure that dress will never see the light of day again. It was pretty hideous. It looks better sleeveless and on a skinny model:
Style.com Lookbook

Old 11-06-2008, 07:08 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,598,928 times
Lighten up, people! From the beginning of time women have always been interested in the couture of the wives of leaders. Jackie Kennedy to whom Michelle Obama is often compared was a style icon, and people went over what she wore very happily and with gusto. Wallis Simpson is another, as was Nancy Reagan. If I recall my history correctly, Eleanor Roosevelt was hammered by the press for not being especially 'stylish'.
So obamites, deal with it --- MO will be getting a lot of interest for what she wears, as well as how she decorates the white house.

Imho the dress was fug, especially in light of the great dresses/outfits she had been wearing throughout the campaign and especially at the DNC convention. It was definately a 'what was she thinking' moment.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:14 PM

355 posts, read 553,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSpy View Post
You can try to shoo me away all you want, it won't work. I'm interested in this country's future and I find it appalling to say the least that people get hung up on absolute drivel like dresses, lapel pins and what have you. What's next? Will there be a post from you about the kind of shoes Obama's children wear to school and what they signify - or not?

Grow the heck up and help rebuilding the Republican party. Look up some articles about what being conservative is about since you fail miserably at being one.

Amen!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 PM

51,696 posts, read 15,632,339 times
Not sure what she was thinking but that dress was not her best choice for such an occassion.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,936,674 times
I wasn't crazy about the dress but black widow?

please.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,260,289 times
Quote:
Quote:

"Accentuate the positive"
Eliminate the negative'

Could it have just been a historic moment and symbolic of her sorority
colors??

few still have a tendency to be catty and petty;and superstitious I might add
You've got to be kidding right??? Think "SORO" hint, hint
This is totally idiosyncratic, preposterous, ludicrous
and anyone else can add on the words to describe this observation

I really didn't want to put it in this manner, but at least I'm honest
"the mind is a terrible thing to waste"

Old 11-06-2008, 10:03 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,260,289 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFoster View Post
Amen!!!!!!!

AMEN again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections