Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM

574 posts, read 1,206,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim69 View Post
The left meets nobody in the middle. They're known for stomping their feet and yelling like a spoiled brat unless they get their way. Have you forgotten 2000 and the official symbol of the democratic party? No, sorry, you rpost holds no credibility. The left meets nobody in the middle. They want to get it all or they don't want anyone to share it. Babies.
D'aw. You'll get over it someday. Until then, keep reaching back to 2000 if it makes you feel better. As long and your ilk keep spewing venom you will never win again. So you really have no choice but to calm your ass down and pray for the good graces of the Left to let you into politics again.

You can go back to your bunker now. You are dismissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,915,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I keep hearing 24/7 how conservatives and even moderates are dead and gone the way of the dinosaur in American. I find this to be pure nonsense. If proposition 8 did not confirm this for you, I dont know what will. California is a very liberal state.

84% of all Americans practice some form of Judaeo Christianity.

Most Americans (like 85%) fall between the slight-left, Moderate, to slight right) about 7% are extreme to the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Most Black Americans, are not flaming liberals, they are socially conservative and have conservative values. I said most, not all.
And if anyone needs proof all they have to do is to look at the map and how people voted by county that I posted. It proves your point. What it shows is that the blue happens to be urban areas where liberalism has taken hold and where people tend not to think on their own. It happens to be also areas that are not and can't be self-sufficient so they are used to depending on others, as opposed to the red areas.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:32 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,896,359 times
[quote=where liberalism has taken hold and where people tend not to think on their own. [/QUOTE]

I have to correct you here. "Libs" are independent thinkers. Libs could easily say the same of conservatives; hearkening back to tradition and not allowing in new ideas doesn't exactly smack of independent thinking either. It's also a contraction of the facts and a generalization...much like the one you just made here.

So please, let's not make that assertion here. I think you know better.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:14 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,501,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Sexist, much?
Namecall much?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:17 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,567,111 times
Are you still waiting on that shoe to drop?

LOL.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 PM

765 posts, read 1,905,568 times
for all
you republicans.....

Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,042,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
I think you set back to anything logical he said! That is really the epitome of the problems with the Right. When you guys can get it together and keep it together yourselves, the Left will come back to the middle to meet you halfway.
I agree with you.I AM a moderate, but the neoCONS have made sure to push FAR right wing candidates on the country for so long now that I doubt they EVER come back to center. Hopefully the neoCONS are a dead horse that will only be ridden in the same spot over and over again by idiots until the carcass rots away.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:03 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,424,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Namecall much?
Truth hurt?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:06 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,424,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
He or she is correct. It may not feel that way to you now, but don't be surprised if after awhile you also begin to feel he or she is correct. I would state some facts to support my position, but why bother?
What that they think women only think with emotion?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:11 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,419,807 times
Thumbs down Liberals, can we get a few things straight here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I keep hearing 24/7 how conservatives and even moderates are dead and gone the way of the dinosaur in American. I find this to be pure nonsense. If proposition 8 did not confirm this for you, I dont know what will. California is a very liberal state.

84% of all Americans practice some form of Judaeo Christianity.

Most Americans (like 85%) fall between the slight-left, Moderate, to slight right) about 7% are extreme to the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Most Black Americans, are not flaming liberals, they are socially conservative and have conservative values. I said most, not all.

This election was really not About McCain, or Obama, or about America suddenly becoming a flaming leftist nation. It was about Bush and getting as far away from him as voters thought they could.

So, in conclusion here, if your guy, Obama screws this up, goes too far left, tries drastic changes to the constitution, or so on, it will be one and done. And history will chalk it all up to a great experiment. If he does well, then the country will THEN likely start leaning left. Until then, keep your pants on, we are not "San Francisco-style nation!"
First, let's get this straight...

Have you yet come to realize that it wasn't those filthy liberals who elected Obama?

There were millions of former Republicans like me who woke up to the deceit and small-mindedness of the current mutation of the GOP and threw the bums out. Until the Republican Party wakes up and realizes that moving to the radical political extreme is short-sighted and wrong-headed, they'll continue to paint themselves into the corner with religious whackadoodles and be rejected by the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections