Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,961,747 times

Advertisements

McCain insiders needed to wait until after the election was over to release some juicy tidbits about Palin.

Insiders spill the beans on Sarah Palin - US Election - smh.com.au

Below is a preview of the above article. There is plenty more to read !!!

Quote:
John McCain's aides have revealed their vice-presidential candidate did not know Africa was a continent and in fact thought it was a country.

She also had no idea which countries made up the North American Free Trade Agreement [NAFTA], or that the United States - along with Canada and Mexico - was one of them.

Fox News anchor Carl Cameron, the source of the leaks, reveals the party's one-time darling was already shaping up as a scapegoat before the defeat to the Democrats sank in.

"There was great concern in the McCain campaign that Sarah Palin lacked the degree of knowledgeability necessary to be a running mate, a vice-president, and a heartbeat away from the presidency," he said.

"We're told she didn't understand that Africa was a continent rather than a country just in itself - a whole host of questions that caused serious problems.

"I wish I could have told you more at the time but all of it was put off the record until after the election."

The Alaskan Governor's big spend on clothes emerged publicly last month, but McCain's aides also said that she spent "thousands more" than the reported $US150,000 on clothes during the campaign, much to the shock of the donor that footed the bill, the Daily Mail reports.

An angry aide, quoted in London's Times, described the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast", and predicted that the truth would eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.
Palin is who the Republican's chose to be just one heartbeat away from the Presidency !!!

And lots of Republicans backed her like she was the greatest thing ever !!!

Unbelievable !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:55 PM

9,327 posts, read 21,963,094 times
I think there was already a thead with this info..

Old 11-06-2008, 05:39 PM

251 posts, read 412,048 times
I think we need another thread on this topic.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:33 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,155,406 times
I like Fox Bulls & Bears on Saturday morning. CNN Larry King, C-Span Washington Journal, Book-TV, Congressional Hearings, sometimes Rachel Maddow and sometimes Geraldo - but not very ofter. I find cable "news", for the most part, is nothing more than endless blather by empty-headed, teleprompter reading, egotistical, faces with good teeth. If they wore nothing they would all look and sound the same. These actors do not inform. The perform for advertising dollars. I do not look to them for anything that even slightly resembles truth, justice or American values.. It's a sham, a disgrace,, and they ought to have a Scarlet Letter "L" branded on their foreheads to remind the viewing public they are basic peddlers of untruths that cannot be trusted anymore than a used car salesman or a sneaky realtor can be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections