Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:34 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,605,222 times

Advertisements

I hope Obama learns there is a difference between fixing a problem vs throwing money at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 10:41 AM

493 posts, read 715,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I hope Obama learns there is a difference between fixing a problem vs throwing money at it.
I don't think money fixes everything, look at the further rut the bailout has gotten us into. There are no quick fixes. I just hope that now that he has the "insiders view" of the situation, that he can come up with more of a sound and stable solution!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,836,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
There are sooooooo many people rooting for him, not only in this country but abroad and why??? It's because he is different, his ideology is different, his approach is and will be different!

People want to look up to America they want for us to succeed, but they want for us to be humble, other countries don't want to be taken for granted or for fools, they don't want this arrogant "know it all" ideology coming from America anymore, they want to be heard and respected!

President Obama might make Republicans feel uneasy with his approach, but I have this feeling that he is going to bridge divides like we have never seen, and inspire us as well as people all around the world to do better and make changes.

He has the ears and eyes of the world right now, and how many people have that opportunity to make that type of 1st impression...

We all should be so lucky to be alive right now to witness this. Mark my words, we will have a great 8 years!
As a life long conservative, I hope you are right. I don't agree with some of his core policies, but I wish him and our country the best.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 AM

88,673 posts, read 44,430,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeppel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
To all Obama supporters. I think we all realize Obama is going to need your help. He's going to need money to fund his programs and get the economy strong like he says he will. You love him a lot, you want it to work for him. Here's what you can do, make sure you get off any welfare type programs, food stamps, WIC, free housing. Don't accept any financial aid -- let Obama have that money for his plans.

Get out and make sure you spread the word. Create some new businesses and employ those people without jobs. Pay them decent wages, at least $60,000 a year. If your businesses make a profit, turn it over to Obama so he can use it for his government. In this way you can prove your love, words are cheap after all. And don't forget "Yes you can!".
That is quite possibly the best zinger I've heard in awhile. Well said sir!
Quite true! The onus is on Obama supporters to make Obama's Presidency successful. The stakes are high - it will be interesting to see this play out...

Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,454,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
To all Obama supporters. I think we all realize Obama is going to need your help. He's going to need money to fund his programs and get the economy strong like he says he will. You love him a lot, you want it to work for him. Here's what you can do, make sure you get off any welfare type programs, food stamps, WIC, free housing. Don't accept any financial aid -- let Obama have that money for his plans.

Get out and make sure you spread the word. Create some new businesses and employ those people without jobs. Pay them decent wages, at least $60,000 a year. If your businesses make a profit, turn it over to Obama so he can use it for his government. In this way you can prove your love, words are cheap after all. And don't forget "Yes you can!".
Too bad I can't put that on a bumper sticker.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:57 AM

493 posts, read 715,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
As a life long conservative, I hope you are right. I don't agree with some of his core policies, but I wish him and our country the best.
That's the spirit

Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,402,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
We all should be so lucky to be alive right now to witness this. Mark my words, we will have a great 8 years!
4 years, not 8.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:45 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,336,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
unemployment was never low under Bush. Where have you been for the past 8 years? There was and still is massive joblessness under Bush. Perception is important but not more important than reality, are you kidding me?
You liberal haters really live in your own world, don't you? There has been record LOW unemployment in much of the country under Bush. The national unemployment rate has been within the range that economists consider full employment the entire Bush, and Clinton, presidencies.

"massive joblessness" is a liberal media perception, not reality. Just like the "landslide" victory by Obama who got the same % of the popular vote as Bush did in 2004.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:02 PM

528 posts, read 1,459,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
There's one thing that I believe about Obama, and that his that he is calculating. In other words, I believe he will do his homework.

For anyone complaining about finding money and taxes, etc., just remember, McCain said that he would not raise anyone's taxes. If you have half a brain, you will realize that we cannot get out of this mess without a raise in taxes somewhere. Cutting programs (which was McCain's idea) will cover this mess, particularly if we continue our stay in Iraq. We will pay for this mess one way or another. So it's (to me) a matter of spending wisely.

I think Obama can fix the problem through good choices in terms of who he appoints as his staff, utilizing those people wisely, spending wisely, and uniting the country.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,058,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You liberal haters really live in your own world, don't you? There has been record LOW unemployment in much of the country under Bush. The national unemployment rate has been within the range that economists consider full employment the entire Bush, and Clinton, presidencies.

"massive joblessness" is a liberal media perception, not reality. Just like the "landslide" victory by Obama who got the same % of the popular vote as Bush did in 2004.
Employment Situation Summary

A Closer Look at Employment Data | The Big Picture

The Big Picture | Undercounting Under-Employment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections