Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,515,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Not this

Ok so if I am unemployed right now and can not buy food for my children to eat, somehow in Jan I won't feel the same feelings as I do right now? Does that really make sense to you? I will still have no job and my kids will still be hungry, they only difference is that Obama is sleeping in the lap of luxery instead of Bush.

Baby energy don't pay the bills, energy don't feed the kids, energy don't keep a roof over your head. Energy fade fast. Keep dreaming cause your gonna need it.
Then maybe you aren't a true believer. You don't have faith. Maybe you aren't the kind who puts your faith in mere mortals. Maybe you're one of those doubting Thomas's.

I'm not dreaming, I don't believe too much in any politicians. I'd prefer they work for limited government, leave my wallet alone. I didn't really see Obama's great solutions for all that is wrong other than he's going to slash our military way back and use that money for some of his programs. And he's going to bring in millions more people through family reunification but he doesn't say where he's going to find all the new jobs for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:34 PM

33,503 posts, read 37,021,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Time will tell. I'm one who has to see it before I believe it. And I want my over $1000 tax refund. In my hand. Then I'll be glad. And my free health care too so I can stop paying monthly premiums.
Uh...I wasn't aware that he was going to give you $1000 and free health care...Link please, or is he just giving that to you personally?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,563,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
Well I hope that he brings fresh, new, effective ideas to Washington and change some of the process of things that just aren't and haven't been working. Also, he looks at things from a different perspective as a minority and he might see and acknowledge things that perhaps others miss and have been missing over and over and OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!

I hope that he sparks the motivation and inspiration to begin a healthy dialogue between the races, as I'm sure that he realizes that there are racial tensions that can no longer be ignored. I hope that he restores respect around the world as well as leads by good example.

I know that he will take care of the citizens of America and give us the affordable health care, create new jobs, raise the minimum wage to make it more competitive for those who are struggling, help Americans struggling with foreclosure, and make the environment more green and friendly
Halaluah! Amen to that brother!

God Damn America, home of the USKKK of A!

I feel all warm and fuzzy, already!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Uh...I wasn't aware that he was going to give you $1000 and free health care...Link please, or is he just giving that to you personally?
Everyone making under $250,000 a year is getting $1000 or more. That's been all over. And yes, he's going to make sure we all have health care. Nationalized health care for all.

You do know why you elected him don't you?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 PM

109 posts, read 172,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And just check out the above post before my last one. Suddenly because Obama is elected, not yet in the White House everywhere people suddenly have incredible energy. Their homes suddenly look much bigger and better, the food they eat just tastes better. Their sun seems to be shining more brightly today.
Alright, I'll bite. The ignorance is just astounding. If one can't see what people are feeling right now, I would seriously consider counseling. It seems certain people's time on this thread is wasteful and counter-productive. In those individual's infinite wisdom, please point out the last election where one was actually seeing people cry. Both black and white. Emotions are high right now and all I seem to hear is the negativity of the small minded. I extend pity to those very, very small people. May they wallow in there on depravity.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:42 PM

493 posts, read 715,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post

If that is what you select to hold onto and take away from this experience I feel sorry for you

Old 11-06-2008, 07:43 PM

493 posts, read 715,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Same here, I can't wait to get the next 8 years to get started.

Change.gov
Oh thank you for that link. I have saved it

Old 11-06-2008, 07:50 PM

109 posts, read 172,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post

What a tiny little mind. Sad.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahJohnson View Post
Alright, I'll bite. The ignorance is just astounding. If one can't see what people are feeling right now, I would seriously consider counseling. It seems certain people's time on this thread is wasteful and counter-productive. In those individual's infinite wisdom, please point out the last election where one was actually seeing people cry. Both black and white. Emotions are high right now and all I seem to hear is the negativity of the small minded. I extend pity to those very, very small people. May they wallow in there on depravity.
I suspect you are very young. Hopefully you will learn that politicians are not to be trusted and worshippped. Why would you cry over an election? That's about as childish and silly as it comes. Maybe the politician's wife can cry. The rest of us should just expect them to get on with business and get a job done.

They work for us. We don't cry everytime we hire a new employee.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,144,639 times
Now this is just what this country needs,the old "Can DO" American Spirit that has been missing in this country for WAY too long. Don't let the negitive nay-sayers & fear-mongers get ya down. The positive energy we have right now is a long time in coming. I've had a very good feeling about him ever since I saw him speak at the DNC 4 years ago. When we Americans UNITE, we can accomplish wonderful things,as we have in our nation's past.
Why do you think Obama's motto is YES WE CAN!?!?!!??!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections