Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,490,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Now this is just what this country needs,the old "Can DO" American Spirit that has been missing in this country for WAY too long. Don't let the negitive nay-sayers & fear-mongers get ya down. The positive energy we have right now is a long time in coming. I've had a very good feeling about him ever since I saw him speak at the DNC 4 years ago. When we Americans UNITE, we can accomplish wonderful things,as we have in our nation's past.
Why do you think Obama's motto is YES WE CAN!?!?!!??!
So do it. Get the stock market up so people don't lose jobs. Andale. Do it.
Get me my tax cut. I would like it early if possible.

Everything you think Bush did wrong -- get cracking. Get it fixed. Yes you can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:57 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,573,583 times
Quote:
Now this is just what this country needs,the old "Can DO" American Spirit that has been missing in this country for WAY too long. Don't let the negitive nay-sayers & fear-mongers get ya down. The positive energy we have right now is a long time in coming. I've had a very good feeling about him ever since I saw him speak at the DNC 4 years ago. When we Americans UNITE, we can accomplish wonderful things,as we have in our nation's past.

Just because we can do a thing, does not mean we should do a thing.

NObama is a paper tiger with no more substance than cotton.

OBAMA:
Leadership record: n/a
Bills put forth: 0
Foreign policy experience: n/a
Bipartanship shown: ZERO

This makes Palin a Rhoads Scholar compared to him

Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 PM

117 posts, read 167,524 times
Quote:
I predict that Obama will surprise us all and do one hell of a job!
You got the "hell" part right...

Naw, being the avid Republican I am... I support Obama. I hope he does well and proves me, and many of the other McCain supporters, wrong. If he does, then kudos to him and perhaps I will consider voting for him in 4 years. If he doesn't, then he doesn't get my vote, once again.

Then again, I am pretty open minded, more people should be...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 PM

493 posts, read 715,241 times
Quote:
YES WE CAN and YES WE DID and YES WE WILL CONTINUE!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 PM

117 posts, read 167,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
YES WE CAN and YES WE DID and YES WE WILL CONTINUE!
What is that? Thomas the Train quote? haha I'm jk, but seriously... that's all I think of when I hear that

I think it goes:

"I think I can..." though

Old 11-06-2008, 08:13 PM

109 posts, read 171,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I suspect you are very young. Hopefully you will learn that politicians are not to be trusted and worshippped. Why would you cry over an election? That's about as childish and silly as it comes. Maybe the politician's wife can cry. The rest of us should just expect them to get on with business and get a job done.

They work for us. We don't cry everytime we hire a new employee.
People cried because their emotional, can an individual be that ignorant? Only a politician's wife can cry? Are you kidding me? What kind of silly little individual would say something like that. The situation is desperate. Open your eyes, the country is in the toilet, history was made, people are losing their homes, the world mocks our nation. Our new President-Elect has called for our country to unite and help fix it. Not sit around and be cynical. The president was elected to lead us. That's LEAD US. "I suspect you" may be an adult with the education of someone who is "very young". This country is fired up, and so is the world. We're on the right path and will certainly not let the limited thinkers stand in the way.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:14 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,612,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
There are sooooooo many people rooting for him, not only in this country but abroad and why??? It's because he is different, his ideology is different, his approach is and will be different!

People want to look up to America they want for us to succeed, but they want for us to be humble, other countries don't want to be taken for granted or for fools, they don't want this arrogant "know it all" ideology coming from America anymore, they want to be heard and respected!

President Obama might make Republicans feel uneasy with his approach, but I have this feeling that he is going to bridge divides like we have never seen, and inspire us as well as people all around the world to do better and make changes.

He has the ears and eyes of the world right now, and how many people have that opportunity to make that type of 1st impression...

We all should be so lucky to be alive right now to witness this. Mark my words, we will have a great 8 years!
Well said!!! I agree 100%.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:15 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,143,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahJohnson View Post
People cried because their emotional, can an individual be that ignorant? Only a politician's wife can cry? Are you kidding me? What kind of silly little individual would say something like that. The situation is desperate. Open your eyes, the country is in the toilet, history was made, people are losing their homes, the world mocks our nation. Our new President-Elect has called for our country to unite and help fix it. Not sit around and be cynical. The president was elected to lead us. That's LEAD US. "I suspect you" may be an adult with the education of someone who is "very young". This country is fired up, and so is the world. We're on the right path and will certainly not let the limited thinkers stand in the way.

Very well said,Jeremiah!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:17 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,560,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahJohnson View Post
I don't drink the Kool Aid!

Moxie is my beverage of choice.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:17 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,724,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I just wonder where on earth he's going to find all the money to throw at all the problems.
He has stated that instead of the $12 billion a month we currently spend in Iraq......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections