Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 04:56 PM

493 posts, read 715,355 times

Advertisements

There are sooooooo many people rooting for him, not only in this country but abroad and why??? It's because he is different, his ideology is different, his approach is and will be different!

People want to look up to America they want for us to succeed, but they want for us to be humble, other countries don't want to be taken for granted or for fools, they don't want this arrogant "know it all" ideology coming from America anymore, they want to be heard and respected!

President Obama might make Republicans feel uneasy with his approach, but I have this feeling that he is going to bridge divides like we have never seen, and inspire us as well as people all around the world to do better and make changes.

He has the ears and eyes of the world right now, and how many people have that opportunity to make that type of 1st impression...

We all should be so lucky to be alive right now to witness this. Mark my words, we will have a great 8 years!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:57 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,578,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
There are sooooooo many people rooting for him, not only in this country but abroad and why??? It's because he is different, his ideology is different, his approach is and will be different!

People want to look up to America they want for us to succeed, but they want for us to be humble, other countries don't want to be taken for granted or for fools, they want to be heard and respected!

President Obama might make Republicans feel uneasy with his approach, but I have this feeling that he is going to bridge divides like we have never seen, and inspire us as well as people all around the world to do better and make changes.

He has the ears and eyes of the world right now, and how many people have that opportunity to make that type of 1st impression...

We all should be so lucky to be alive right now to witness this. Mark my words, we will have a great 8 years!
And if your wrong?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,510,800 times
I just wonder where on earth he's going to find all the money to throw at all the problems.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:58 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,407,539 times
Quote:

People want to look up to America they want for us to succeed, but they want for us to be humble, other countries don't want to be taken for granted or for fools, they don't want this arrogant "know it all" ideology coming from America anymore, they want to be heard and respected!

He won't surprise me, I know he's going to do a great job.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:02 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,398,467 times
Hitler had lots of followers because he promised "change" and to provide for people desperate during a bad economy. Well, those lies and his bizarre ability to win people over against all logic.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,251,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I just wonder where on earth he's going to find all the money to throw at all the problems.
The same place the Bush found money to fund the war in Iraq?
At least in Obama's case the money will be spent in AMERICA.

Ken

Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,510,800 times
You can tell by the mesmerized crowds looking adoringly up at Obama that he is their Messiah and they will believe he's doing a great job no matter what.

It'll work for that reason if no other. With Bush they might have ate steak and potatoes but it tasted rotten to them because Bush was in office. With Obama, a bag of ramen noodles will taste like heaven.

Just keep being True Believers. Perception is far more important than reality.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:08 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,251,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And if your wrong?
Then he will get voted out next time an someone else will get a chance.
Same as with any other President.

DUH!!!

Ken

Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,918,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The same place the Bush found money to fund the war in Iraq?
At least in Obama's case the money will be spent in AMERICA.

Ken
So those serving the military were not paid?

Old 11-06-2008, 05:15 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,911,218 times
Quote:

You stated the number one criteria, as to why I have such a problem with liberals in general......it is all about feelings....just like you eluded to over and over in this post!! What in Obama's resume, based on hard facts leads you to this conclusion? "I have a feeling" does not cut it. Obama might very well turn out to be good, but one thing we already know for 100% fact, is all his promises will not be met. In fact, not even 5% of them! Yet the average voter belived him, those of us who based our vote on hsitory and facts saw right through the constant speeches about a utopia that we know does not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections