Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,891,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
By the way - most of those who are posting against you - demanding checks-and-balances now that a black man is going to be President - were pretty vehement anti-Obama posters on this forum all along....
Oh look, another poster just discredited their whole posting by making it a racial issue..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,575,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Amen, I already fired off emails to my Congressman and Senators expecting them to fully support President Obama, as he tries to right the ship that President Bush has wrecked.
I'm quite sure my Congressman John Spratt will oblige, but I have a feeling my 2 senators Jim Demint and Linsey Graham will be obstructionists.
Congratulations!!! That's the spirit...

Just make sure that Demint and Graham know that you will be voting against them if they give Obama a hard time...

Encourage your friends to write/call also...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,560,328 times
That's okay. Our resident RINOs will probably roll over anyway.

Anyone want to trade two well worn "Republican" Senators for a couple of REAL CONSERVATIVES?

They are housebroken, politically neutered, eat little and love frequent travels out of state. There names are Olympia and Sue.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,612,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
That's okay. Our resident RINOs will probably roll over anyway.

Anyone want to trade two well worn "Republican" Senators for a couple of REAL CONSERVATIVES?

They are housebroken, politically neutered, eat little and love frequent travels out of state. There names are Olympia and Sue.
Trade? No thanks - you can keep them!!!

And if you want conservatives - you won't find any in the Republican party - the past 8 years proved that without a shadow of a doubt..

Old 11-06-2008, 08:14 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,020,047 times
I think mrbob needs his medications adjusted.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:16 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,612,482 times
Funny - he sounds more lucid and rational to me than many of those in this thread..

Old 11-06-2008, 08:22 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,069,598 times
FULL cooperation???? The OP is already sounding like a Dictator like Obama.
Cooperate only when it is good for the people.
If Obama is inviting Ayers, Rev. Wright, Odinga, HAMAS, etc. into the White House then expect no full cooperation.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
FULL cooperation???? The OP is already sounding like a Dictator like Obama.
Cooperate only when it is good for the people.
If Obama is inviting Ayers, Rev. Wright, Odinga, HAMAS, etc. into the White House then expect no full cooperation.
You only think Obama sounds like a dictator because you hate him to begin with and aren't willing to listen to anything he says...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,349,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Republicans in Congress have no desire for intelligent checks and balances.

Their strategy will be as it has been for the past 2 years - obstruct everything that the Democrats attempt to do so they can be labelled the 'Do Nothing Congress' and so that hopefully the public will be dumb to not understand that they are obstructionists...

I urge all Obama supporters in Republican districts to call their elected officials and let them know you are watching them - you are the checks-and-balances against them being blind obstructists for the next 4 years...
If the Democrats have the majority in the House and Sentate, then why would they have any issues with the Republicans? In any case, the representatives are supposed to represent their constituents and not go along with what the majority wants if that is not in the interest of the constituents.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
If the Democrats have the majority in the House and Sentate, then why would they have any issues with the Republicans? In any case, the representatives are supposed to represent their constituents and not go along with what the majority wants if that is not in the interest of the constituents.
You seem to conveniently forget the past 8 years... the Republicans did NOT act in the interest of their constituents, unless , of course, you consider getting us into an extremely costly and completely unecessary war in Iraq, doubling the national debt, wrecking the economy, ignoring our infrastructure, ignoring college eduction costs, ignoring the national uninsured/underinsured problem, chipping away at our constitutional liberties, and intentionally pitting red vs blue states and right against left with 'wedge' issues to be acting in the constituents' best interests..

My post is really more aimed at Obama supporters in Republican districts - they will absolutely have to put pressure on their representatives to keep them from doing what they've been doing for 8 long years non-stop - acting in their own selfish self interest (and that of their rich and corporate supporters) and screwing the working class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections