U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 PM

2,150 posts, read 1,467,324 times
Default Call your Senator and Congressman - insist they give Obama their FULL support!!

I urge everyone to start calling their Senators and Congressmen - or at least write them an email - although calling is MUCH more effective.

Insist that they give Obama their full cooperation during the transition period, and during his administration...

Many Republicans will try to obstruct his progress.

They need to be made to realize that their constituents are watching them carefully, and will vote them out of office at the next election cycle if they work against Obama and the nation...

The election may be over - but the real work has not even begun!!! Bush and the Republicans have made such an awful mess of things that Obama will need our active support to turn this country around!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 PM

55,121 posts, read 26,337,136 times
Thanks, I'll have to call mine to tell them to make sure to stand in Obamas way or just about everything..

Old 11-06-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thanks, I'll have to call mine to tell them to make sure to stand in Obamas way or just about everything..
Go right ahead - you'll probably be ignored by them - if they're Republican they don't want another whooping like they just got on the 4th - they'll probably ignore you for their own political survival... And if they're Democratic they'll ignore you because they vehemently disagree with you.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 PM

If they would be ignored by my call, then calling them telling them to support Obama would seem to be what they were already planning.. So, your telling me that you were suggesting people waste their time with the OP?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:37 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,759,749 times
I'd prefer not to give a free pass to either party. Let the Congress look at each bill proposed and decide if it is good for the country and can stand on its own merit.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM

20,519 posts, read 8,824,966 times
"Bush and the Republicans have made such an awful mess of things"

Link? Quote? Proof?

Don't just repeat things you heard, prove what you say.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If they would be ignored by my call, then calling them telling them to support Obama would seem to be what they were already planning.. So, your telling me that you were suggesting people waste their time with the OP?
I'm saying that they won't listen to a fanatic like YOU- they'll see right thru you for what you are - and will ignore you.. You can't even type a sentence that is grammatically correct - you think a member of Congress is going to listen to your prejudiced opinions???

For the rational people reading this post - call your elected officials...

Obama will need all the support he can get and you can be a positive influence on Congress!!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 PM

7,730 posts, read 8,383,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
I'd prefer not to give a free pass to either party. Let the Congress look at each bill proposed and decide if it is good for the country and can stand on its own merit.
NO NO NO NO Don't you know. We must trust blindly in what Obama will do. We must insist on a rubber stamp Congress. It worked SO well the last time we did it.

Are people really this dumb? Sheesh. Neither party deserves our full trust and support. Hold them accountable for their votes because it's the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Bush and the Republicans have made such an awful mess of things"

Link? Quote? Proof?

Don't just repeat things you heard, prove what you say.
That Bush has made a mess has been posted so many times by so many people and written up in so many newspapers - that you can find all the evidience you want by searching the web.

I don't have time to waste trying to convince someone who blindly supports Bush.

THere are much more important things to focus on - like giving Obama our full support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I'm saying that they won't listen to a fanatic like YOU- they'll see right thru you for what you are - and will ignore you.. You can't even type a sentence that is grammatically correct - you think a member of Congress is going to listen to your prejudiced opinions???

For the rational people reading this post - call your elected officials...

Obama will need all the support he can get and you can be a positive influence on Congress!!
So my prejudiced opinion is not worthy listening to, but your prejudiced opinion is just fabulous!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections