Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 09:19 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,286,290 times

Advertisements

Honestly, if I hear about some guy hoarding and buying up guns because Obama got elected, I would be prepared to report his ass to the FBI, immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 09:21 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,236,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Honestly, if I hear about some guy hoarding and buying up guns because Obama got elected, I would be prepared to report his ass to the FBI, immediately.
?????

What would the FBI care? If they did they have lots of folks to check out.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:24 PM

18,332 posts, read 26,357,163 times
Quote:
The FBI does the NICS background check on each purchase. The surge in gun sales is all over the news.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:34 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,379,684 times
Quote:
why? They are not doing anything wrong by owning and purchasing guns.
I have a friend that has several dozen hand guns, about 3 dozen handguns, does that make him dangerous?

BTW, he is a gun collector with some of the guns in his collection being extremely valuable.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:51 PM

18,126 posts, read 15,515,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
I'm neither a gun hater nor do I have contempt for many shooters and gun owners. In fact, I am the proud owner of a modest arsenal of my own. But I do have nothing but contempt and scorn for all of the posters here who are doing their part to pump up gun sales based on the ludicrous idea that the new administration is going to ban guns and come in and confiscate those we already own. That is such complete and utter BS that it is hilarious. Each and every one of you can own thousands of guns and the government will never do a thing about it. The AWB is a complete red herring of an issue, and the folks here whining about it are pathetic losers . . .
OOOOk. I'm failing to see the point here. There was nothing in my post that is quoted here that has any relation to these talking points.. Nevertheless, as to the latter, I could really care less if sales of firearms are "pumped up". I got mine. As to my views on whether the government can be a threat to firearms ownership I believe it can be, and it will. If one chooses to take that in the context of "panic mongering" so be it. I care not. This country was not founded on the principal that all people share the same outlook on things. As to another individuals "contempt" for my views, once again, I can't care. I never did figger I was put here with the intent that I be liked by all people or that I ,in turn, would like all people. Such is the way of things.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:56 PM

18,126 posts, read 15,515,021 times
Quote:
LMAO. Gonna join the new Civilian Security Force" are ya? Sounds like McCarthyism dude. Bear in mind , as someone else mentioned, there nothing illegal about someone stocking up arms and ammo regarless of the reason. . If it were I'd have been visited by your precious FBI a LONG time ago.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:49 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,768,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
New gun laws won't take guns away from criminals either. All it does is create a registry so that when a stolen gun is used in a crime, they know who purchased it originally.
And with all the idiotic testing of shell casings, in all the states where they are used, I seem to remeber that only a handful of guns were ever matched to a crime

Old 11-08-2008, 11:10 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,318,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
As long as it p*sses of the conservatives, I am all for it.

Another glaring difference between a Democrat and a Republican.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,236,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Another glaring difference between a Democrat and a Republican.
So true - Republicans live to p1ss off liberals . . .

Old 11-08-2008, 11:58 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,292,319 times
Quote:
Just wait till his civilian service corp is in place and then you can report us bad americans allya want.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections