Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long will it take for Obama to say "it was worse than we thought"
0-30 days 26 46.43%
30-60 days 9 16.07%
1st or 2nd month he is in 9 16.07%
never 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,781,484 times

Advertisements

....how long will we all put up with the race card excuse for every screw up this administration is going to make?

...."Yo...can't complain about Obama....because if you do...well....your obviously a RACIST...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 12:24 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,433,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
We'll we know he is going to say it...as many of you have commented on. But what I am asking is "How long will it take"....for him to say it.

I'm guessing taxes will increase shortly too

BECAUSE we'll we just can't do what we thought because we didn't know it was this bad OR he will do what he said and it will be worse than ever
He said it in his speech the night he won. He also said it during the campaign and in the debates. Just like McCain.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:29 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,911,740 times
He already has, the day after the election his staff announced it would take 2-3 years before he could make good on many of his promises. Even the tax increases are on hold, as I predicted.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
He already has, the day after the election his staff announced it would take 2-3 years before he could make good on many of his promises. Even the tax increases are on hold, as I predicted.
The complexity of the current events are not something that can be resolved quickly. They will take time, thought, and proper execution. Most intelligent people I know, including Republicans, are well aware of this and don't expect Obama to change things over night. This era is unlike any other, and he's got a lot on his plate.

I know you're used to cheap slogan talk and instant gratification over the last eight years, but that's why we are in the shape we are now. It is going to take time to fix this mess we see before us today. Think anybody can address the Iraq disaster, economic meltdown, and health care crisis in 100 days? Are you serious?

I guess we could just follow the Bush archetype and put up a "Mission Accomplished" banner and claim he fixed everything huh?

Old 11-07-2008, 12:36 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,911,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The complexity of the current events are not something that can be resolved quickly. They will take time, thought, and proper execution. Most intelligent people I know, including Republicans, are well aware of this and don't expect Obama to change things over night. This era is unlike any other, and he's got a lot on his plate.

I know you're used to cheap slogan talk and instant gratification over the last eight years, but that's why we are in the shape we are now. It is going to take time to fix this mess we see before us today. Think anybody can address the Iraq disaster, economic meltdown, and health care crisis in 100 days? Are you serious?

I guess we could just follow the Bush archetype and put up a "Mission Accomplished" banner and claim he fixed everything huh?
So you agree with me NOW then? Where were you during the campaign when many of us were trying to tell people.......he can't possibly make all those pie in the sky promises come try. Don;t you get it? It is not the issues at hand, we all know what they are, it is the fact he ran across this country telling people what they wanted to hear in a very dishonest manor to get votes. He sold them pipe dream of a utopia that did not exist. It is coherantly dishonest and unethical to campaign the way he did.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:45 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,070,371 times
Obama is already saying there might not be change for the first year, and second year, and possibly third year and fourth year.
He will ask for re-election so he can finally deliver the change so he will have 8 years in office.

Sounds like my remodeling contractor who gives me a cheap estimate and then once he starts the job, he keeps adding costs to the original estimate. And I can't refuse because he is already in the middle of the JOB!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:48 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,255,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
We'll we know he is going to say it...as many of you have commented on. But what I am asking is "How long will it take"....for him to say it.

I'm guessing taxes will increase shortly too

BECAUSE we'll we just can't do what we thought because we didn't know it was this bad OR he will do what he said and it will be worse than ever
Please tell us that you will stay in the UK forever.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
So you agree with me NOW then? Where were you during the campaign when many of us were trying to tell people.......he can't possibly make all those pie in the sky promises come try. Don;t you get it? It is not the issues at hand, we all know what they are, it is the fact he ran across this country telling people what they wanted to hear in a very dishonest manor to get votes. He sold them pipe dream of a utopia that did not exist. It is coherantly dishonest and unethical to campaign the way he did.
All you know is strawman attacks. It's so lame.

Obama has never claimed that change would happen overnight, not once. You are, so you can attack that. Which is disingenuous.

Therefore, no, I do not agree with you.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Obama is already saying there might not be change for the first year, and second year, and possibly third year and fourth year.
He will ask for re-election so he can finally deliver the change so he will have 8 years in office.

Sounds like my remodeling contractor who gives me a cheap estimate and then once he starts the job, he keeps adding costs to the original estimate. And I can't refuse because he is already in the middle of the JOB!!!

You're lying again.

Obama never claimed he could heal the nation's issues immediately. I know you guys like banners that say "Mission Accomplished" and pretend everything is great. But the rest of us live in reality, and that isn't very pretty right now.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:01 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,255,745 times
Obama has said REPEATEDLY throughout his campaign that big changes would not take effect for awhile. This is not news to anybody who was actually listening. If you nitwits hadn't kept Bush in office for the past 8 years, Obama wouldn't be facing almost insurmountable odds. You clearly have NO idea just HOW MUCH damage Bush and the Bible-thumping Republicans have done--to this country and the world.

I've never seen such hateful Americans as on this thread. The man hasn't even taken office yet, and already your rabidly wishing him--and this country--ill, just so you can feel vindicated that the lying s.o.b. you voted for--the one who divided this nation and spread hate for months on end--wasn't voted into office.

The world has had it with the neo-con bent on destruction. It's over. Done. Just like the Ohio journalist Connie Schultz said, when the Republicans were bragging about being able to win Ohio: "I wouldn't be so sure. We have a saying in Ohio: God don't like ugly." And Ohio went to Obama.

So get a clue. Nobody cares what you think any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections