Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:59 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,653,251 times

Advertisements

Yay! I was hoping they would adopt from a shelter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,740,853 times
Well, that's one thing I like about him. There are so many loving, beautiful dogs and puppies at shelters - mixed breed as well as purebreds - just waiting for a family to love.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:09 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,702,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Well, that's one thing I like about him. There are so many loving, beautiful dogs and puppies at shelters - mixed breed as well as purebreds - just waiting for a family to love.
Can you send that memo to Jolie and Madonna? Try adopting kids over here first.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 PM

714 posts, read 1,534,859 times
I hope this is true...and I didn't vote for him, but I think this is great!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:16 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,232,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I hope they adopt a Schnauzer! I love those little guys and my family has a few of them. No shedding and very chill dogs.
I love Schauzers. We had a Schnoodle and he was a great dog.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:23 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,963,507 times
Hold on a second...did anyone actually READ the linked article? It pieces a bunch of things together and ASSUMES the Obamas will adopt a dog, based on what Michelle Obama said a while ago. I really, really hope they do BUT there's no new news in this article. Frankly, Obama said he'd also accept public financing for his campaign and he reneged on that.

So, I will HOPE they do the right thing here but it's not a done deal. I have a feeling someone is going to give them a puppy as a gift and the point will be moot.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:32 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,962,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Hold on a second...did anyone actually READ the linked article? It pieces a bunch of things together and ASSUMES the Obamas will adopt a dog, based on what Michelle Obama said a while ago. I really, really hope they do BUT there's no new news in this article. Frankly, Obama said he'd also accept public financing for his campaign and he reneged on that.

So, I will HOPE they do the right thing here but it's not a done deal. I have a feeling someone is going to give them a puppy as a gift and the point will be moot.
I didn't read it. I went by what I heard on the news earlier. I hope they don't get one b'c they'll probably just get rid of it sooner or later, knowing how Michelle feels about having one.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:43 PM

714 posts, read 1,534,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post

Woops...no I didn't! We'll this is something I will be watching. With the poorer whites breeding and the black buying pitbulls...I HOPE they do the right thing. So many people think Obama hung the moon. If they get a breed, this will be AWFUL for shelter puppies all over the US.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,910,510 times
The Presidents dog nipped that reporter in the hand this afternoon, did anyone see that? It was hilarious. Damn 1st dog had it with the liberal media, so he took action into his own...mouth. Bit him pretty good too.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:56 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,044,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
The Presidents dog nipped that reporter in the hand this afternoon, did anyone see that? It was hilarious. Damn 1st dog had it with the liberal media, so he took action into his own...mouth. Bit him pretty good too.
Probably picked up the habit from Uncle Cheney. I just know that man has fangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections