Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 02:21 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,310,038 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama is black. Says who? The one-drop rule, which has been an integral part of American culture for 400 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 02:25 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,597,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
He is NOT African American. Neither of his parents qualifies him for this designation.
Mother - American
Father - African

Old 11-12-2008, 02:48 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,486,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
You can't "grow up 100% white" if you are, in fact, a black man.

I mean, come on...just look at him.

Regardless of his ethnic make-up and his racial heredity, he is quite obviously a black man. He has dark brown skin, black hair, and the physical characteristics of an African-American, for Pete's sake.

No one in his right mind can look at Barack Obama and claim that he is anything but a black man, regardless of the fact that his mom was white. He obviously inherited his father's African exterior physical appearance. If he had inherited his mother's white skin, he would be a white man who had a black parent. But, he did not, and he is not. He is a black man (duh) who had a white mother.

I mean, seriously, this is not difficult to comprehend.
He's half and half, he is what he is and I didn't care about that BEFORE the election or after it. He has LARGE ears typical of his WHITE Polish ancestry and thin lips also typical of his white ancestry. Compared to his father he's an albino. He grew up under white influence and later threw that influential person under the bus.

What's important is where do his sympathies lie, I don't think they're here perhaps in Indonesia where he was indoctrinated. He knows no loyalties this side of the Atlantic, too much invested, sorry he's not to be trusted IMO.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:56 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,525,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Sorry, that's an antiquated answer derived from ignorant times of our history, back when the "one drop rule" applied because black blood "tainted" the white blood. I don't live by that rule. It's disrespectful to my white/black/Asian/Palestinian/Mexican family members.
Whatever. How he's seen is how he's seen. I will agree that the answer is derived from ignorant times in our history, but it is far from antiquated.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,839,834 times
Soon enough the novelty will wear off and people will simply call him a "good president."

Old 11-12-2008, 03:00 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,066,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Mother - American
Father - African
Well dont forget you are American because you are born here, not just because your mother is American. He was born here and is clearly an American.

My parents are from Germany, so I am technically a German-American or European-American, though no one really cares about that as once they see white they see no further reason to categorize (in the past the specific European origination was very important, with Italians and Irish and I believe Germans also being not very popular and deeply stigmatized).

Old 11-12-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Whatever. How he's seen is how he's seen. I will agree that the answer is derived from ignorant times in our history, but it is far from antiquated.
Yes, I for one am happy that slaves are no longer imported from Arab slavers who bought them from waring tribesmen that "souled" their bros. You know, like in the Sudan today. I would hope you are too.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim69 View Post
Hussein is not mixed, he is black.
Calling a man who never went by his middle name by his middle name is an insult and makes you sound really truly racist and ignorant. Our president deserves to be treated with respect if you dont mind.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Calling a man who never went by his middle name by his middle name is an insult and makes you sound really truly racist and ignorant. Our president deserves to be treated with respect if you dont mind.
Hey, relax, he also went by "Barry" and that isn't ANY of his names. Seems the most UNinfluential slug in his life left him with the tell tale crippling names.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Hey, relax, he also went by "Barry" and that isn't ANY of his names. Seems the most UNinfluential slug in his life left him with the tell tale crippling names.
Actually Obama went by "Barry" most of his life as a nickname. So its not necessarily insulting to call him that, though clearly he prefers to go by Barrack now so people with respect will follow suit. However, its pretty damn obvious why you like to call him Hussein. Cuz you're a jealous hater who thinks it will turn people off to hear his name is the same as our country's arch enemy Sadam Hussein, and to remind people that he has a Muslim name. Funny thing is, none of that seemed to matter so GAME OVER dude. Crawl back in your cave. Yall lost with your hatred and nasty name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections