Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:33 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times

Advertisements

Campbell Brown to Palin advisors:
You are the ones who supposedly vetted her, and then told the American people she was qualified for the job. You are the ones who after meeting her a couple of times, told us she was ready to be just one heartbeat away from the Presidency. If even half of what you say NOW is true, then boy, did you try to sell the American people a bill of goods.
Commentary: After Palin hard-sell fails, McCain aides attack her - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,215,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
You mean the scandal where a non-politically motivated investigator said she did nothing wrong?
She was found GUILTY of ABUSE OF POWER unanimously by a committee led by members of her own party. It simply wasn't sufficient to be considered a CRIME.

She did plenty wrong, it just wasn't criminal.

Ken

Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Mccains campaign stank, and that is the truth. I do wonder how badly he (and the gop) wanted the win, the next four years are going to be hell for whoever won the potus and that is a fact.
As far as Palin being a ***** and throwing temper tantrums ---- please. If this was her personality, don't you think we would have been inundated with stories of flying ashtrays (oops! wrong nominee ) up in Alaska? Plus, if I had to read the kinds of stories written about my teenaged daughter as well as myself I am sure I would feel rage, embarrasment, and depression too. As would anyone, if you are honest about it.
In the end, was Palin ready to be a vpotus nominee? No. Was Mccains campaign well run? No. Did the gop really want them to win? That is debatable, but my instinct says no.
I've maintained for months that the republicans just used McCain(the guy they hated 8 years ago), as a "filler"....didn't have anyone who could challenge Obama so they will just wait until 2012 hoping they can find a challenger.
Palin was used to help sink the ship which she did quite handily.

"""""Plus, if I had to read the kinds of stories written about my teenaged daughter as well as myself I am sure I would feel rage, embarrasment, and depression too. As would anyone, if you are honest about it."""""

W E are NOT being considered as Vice president and possible president of the United States !!!

Palin could've said "No" to the repubs offer.....so SHE put her family in the spotlight, SHE is responsible....AND

SHE USED her teenage daughter's pregnancy to somehow show what great "family values" they have

Old 11-07-2008, 09:37 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,896,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
In any event, all I can say is THANK GOD the American people made the right choice.

Ken
Which one do you want us to thank? There are so very many, after all.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:38 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,594,977 times
Quote:
There HAVE been stories of Palin being petty and vindictive (ie the Librarian's tale, Troopergate etc). Palin supporters just choose to dismiss them.

Ken
I am not a palin supporter, but I am looking out for the next female candidate of whichever party.
Palin was called everything from stupid to controlled by her husband to trigs grandmother. Her teenaged daughter was dragged through the mud and her seven year old daughter was photoshopped to be shown giving the finger. Yeah, LordBalfor I would be pissy too. And so would you.

What is happening now is a bunch of career staffers saving their asses. Do you really think palin is the sole or even major cause of mccains defeat? No, she wasn't. She certainly didn't help --- but that decesicion rests on the heads of the gop and mccain for bringing her onboard in the first place.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:42 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,215,404 times
Quote:
I am not a palin supporter, but I am looking out for the next female candidate of whichever party.
Palin was called everything from stupid to controlled by her husband to trigs grandmother. Her teenaged daughter was dragged through the mud and her seven year old daughter was photoshopped to be shown giving the finger. Yeah, LordBalfor I would be pissy too. And so would you.
Perhaps, but I certainly wouldn't take it out on my staff and those who were trying to HELP ME.

Quote:
What is happening now is a bunch of career staffers saving their asses. Do you really think palin is the sole or even major cause of mccains defeat? No, she wasn't. She certainly didn't help --- but that decesicion rests on the heads of the gop and mccain for bringing her onboard in the first place.
I NEVER said Palin was the major cause of McCain's defeat - that's not what this thread is about. I'm merely commenting that it's a very good thing McCain didn't win.

The MAJOR cause of McCains' defeat is the massive mismanagement of the current Administration as well as the self-serving nature of the GOP overall over the last decade or more.

Ken

Old 11-07-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I've maintained for months that the republicans just used McCain(the guy they hated 8 years ago), as a "filler"....didn't have anyone who could challenge Obama so they will just wait until 2012 hoping they can find a challenger.
Palin was used to help sink the ship which she did quite handily.

"""""Plus, if I had to read the kinds of stories written about my teenaged daughter as well as myself I am sure I would feel rage, embarrasment, and depression too. As would anyone, if you are honest about it."""""

W E are NOT being considered as Vice president and possible president of the United States !!!

Palin could've said "No" to the repubs offer.....so SHE put her family in the spotlight, SHE is responsible....AND

SHE USED her teenage daughter's pregnancy to somehow show what great "family values" they have
What was she supposed to do? Have the pregnancy 'taken care of' discreetly? Or address the problem? Especially since the daily tos was spreading the rumor (aided by many obamites on this very forum) that the girl was really trigs mother.
It seems to me that historically, there have been presidents in the not so distant past who got extremely upset when their children were abused by the press.....I'm thinking Johnson, Clinton, and was it Eisenhower or Truman? At anyrate, getting pissed at scurrilous lies by the press over your children makes you human.......after all, if it was a good enough reaction for male democratic sitting presidents I hardly see how Palin getting angry over the slurs on her daughters was beyond the pale.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I NEVER said Palin was the major cause of McCain's defeat - that's not what this thread is about. I'm merely commenting that it's a very good thing McCain didn't win.

The MAJOR cause of McCains' defeat is the massive mismanagement of the current Administration as well as the self-serving nature of the GOP overall over the last decade or more.

Ken
My apologies, then. On this we most definately agree!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:12 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Quote:
What was she supposed to do? Have the pregnancy 'taken care of' discreetly? Or address the problem? Especially since the daily tos was spreading the rumor (aided by many obamites on this very forum) that the girl was really trigs mother.
It seems to me that historically, there have been presidents in the not so distant past who got extremely upset when their children were abused by the press.....I'm thinking Johnson, Clinton, and was it Eisenhower or Truman? At anyrate, getting pissed at scurrilous lies by the press over your children makes you human.......after all, if it was a good enough reaction for male democratic sitting presidents I hardly see how Palin getting angry over the slurs on her daughters was beyond the pale.
Yes, I remember John McCain's remark about why Chelsea Clinton was so ugly.

It's easy to say woulda coulda shoulda, but at the very least her handlers should have insisted on better discretion in where and when she brought out her kids. That could have done beautifully and appropriately. It's true they werent there all the time, but it seemed as if they were and it just looked messy.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yes, I remember John McCain's remark about why Chelsea Clinton was so ugly.

It's easy to say woulda coulda shoulda, but at the very least her handlers should have insisted on better discretion in where and when she brought out her kids. That could have done beautifully and appropriately. It's true they werent there all the time, but it seemed as if they were and it just looked messy.
Oh, clearly palin made a huge mistake in not trusting the advice of her more experienced handlers. Palin never should have been the vpotus nominee, she was much too inexperienced in the dog and pony show of the campaign trail much less actual policy.
This is another reason why I think the gop was throwing stuff at walls to see if would stick ....they had no real expectations of winning the election, or desire to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections