Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:18 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,238,557 times

Advertisements

Well, considering the revelations coming out of the McCain camp now it seems pretty clear that America made the right choice in the selection Obama over McCain in the Presidential Election.

Consider the following:

Palin was pretty much doing whatever she wanted. It's become clear that despite her claims to the contrary SHE was the one who went on that wild clothing spending spree - wasting WELL OVER $150,00 of the campaign's limited resources.
Can you imagine how much she might have wasted as VP?

Palin threw a number of childish "hissy fits" when she came under attack from the press, effectively terrorizing her staff on several occasions.
Can you imagine a VP behaving in such a manner?

Palin rebelled against her coaches - who were trying to tutor her in preparation for upcoming interviews - then when her obvious ignorance was exposed on national TV, she threw another major fit, blaming those very coaches for not preparing her properly.
Can you imagine a VP with such small concept of "Individual Responsibility" - at least when that responsibility is hers - one who takes it out on her staff when she comes under criticism in the press?

Palin was obviously woefully unprepared for the job of VP - but even worse, seemed unwilling to make the effort to BE PREPARED - instead determined to rely instead on her "folksy" charisma.
Can you imagine a VP unwilling to bone-up on issues before meeting with foreign leaders?

McCain seemed barely in charge of the campaign and the result was chaos and infighting in the ranks.
Can you imagine the Executive Branch being run with so little cohesion and sense of discipline?

I've always liked McCain but clearly an Administration under him would have been a nightmare for the country - with a rogue VP doing whatever the heck she wants (often undermining the President (can you imagine the trouble that would cause?) and doing things against his wishes, and who keeps her staff in a state of constant terrorization (that's a REAL good way to keep the best and brightest working for you ). And in the White House a President not really in charge of what's going on - a place where different factions spent much of their time fighting with each other instead of getting down to the business of keeping the Executive Branch running smoothly.

Just a nightmare.

Now, one needs only compare that to the calm, disciplined campaign waged by Obama and his staff - where folks are working together effectively towards a common goal. Even Obama's detractors admit he ran a BRILLIANT campaign (personally I suspect this will translate into a just as brilliantly run Administration).

In any event, all I can say is THANK GOD the American people made the right choice.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 08:19 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,871,633 times
Anounymous staffers?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:22 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,604,854 times
Mccains campaign stank, and that is the truth. I do wonder how badly he (and the gop) wanted the win, the next four years are going to be hell for whoever won the potus and that is a fact.
As far as Palin being a ***** and throwing temper tantrums ---- please. If this was her personality, don't you think we would have been inundated with stories of flying ashtrays (oops! wrong nominee ) up in Alaska? Plus, if I had to read the kinds of stories written about my teenaged daughter as well as myself I am sure I would feel rage, embarrasment, and depression too. As would anyone, if you are honest about it.
In the end, was Palin ready to be a vpotus nominee? No. Was Mccains campaign well run? No. Did the gop really want them to win? That is debatable, but my instinct says no.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Anounymous staffers?
Lots and lots of them - and a not-so-anonymous FOX New Reporter as well as other reporters who were WITH THE CAMPAIGN. There are LOTS of sources for this information - way too many for it to be untrue.

Ken

Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 AM

7,896 posts, read 9,085,262 times
I don't think the GOP could withstand the effect of winning this election. Another Repub in charge during 4 years of sure to be economic disaster would have been the end of the party. I think sitting this one out and trying to reinvigorate the party with some better ideas and better candidates will be beneficial to the country in the future.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Mccains campaign stank, and that is the truth. I do wonder how badly he (and the gop) wanted the win, the next four years are going to be hell for whoever won the potus and that is a fact.
As far as Palin being a ***** and throwing temper tantrums ---- please. If this was her personality, don't you think we would have been inundated with stories of flying ashtrays (oops! wrong nominee ) up in Alaska? Plus, if I had to read the kinds of stories written about my teenaged daughter as well as myself I am sure I would feel rage, embarrasment, and depression too. As would anyone, if you are honest about it.
In the end, was Palin ready to be a vpotus nominee? No. Was Mccains campaign well run? No. Did the gop really want them to win? That is debatable, but my instinct says no.
There HAVE been stories of Palin being petty and vindictive (ie the Librarian's tale, Troopergate etc). Palin supporters just choose to dismiss them.

Ken

Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 AM

877 posts, read 2,071,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Troopergate
You mean the scandal where a non-politically motivated investigator said she did nothing wrong?

Personally, I'm glad that under an Obama presidency we'll finally be getting those last 7 stars on the flag.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,575,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There HAVE been stories of Palin being petty and vindictive (ie the Librarian's tale, Troopergate etc). Palin supporters just choose to dismiss them.

Ken

You're wasting your breath trying to have an intelligent conversation - save your energy...

Yes, it is now all over the news networks and MSM that McCain campaign staffers are coming out and ripping Palin a new one for helping cost them the election...

Old 11-07-2008, 08:31 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,403,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
You mean the scandal where a non-politically motivated investigator said she did nothing wrong?

Personally, I'm glad that under an Obama presidency we'll finally be getting those last 7 stars on the flag.

The only numbers you need to know...44

Old 11-07-2008, 08:32 AM

877 posts, read 2,071,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The only numbers you need to know...44
Which is what? The % the market will drop starting day 1 of the Obama election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections