Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:14 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
He never made it to Alaska. Thankfully.
Lucky you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
He never made it to Alaska. Thankfully.
Wasilla Population: 7000

Oklahoma City Population: 1,262,027

Oklahoma City is the 31st largest city in the USA.

http://www.city-data.com/top1.html

I cant imagine why he came here and not there for JUST those reasons alone.. wont go into the other reasons lol

Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It's not the state, but those that are just making up the wildest crap, saying they will fire the liberals that work for them, using every derogatory term they can think of, and just lie after lie after lie after lie ................. endlessly that are being and need bashing.

Lot of them (but not all) list their location as a red state.

The divisiveness created over the last 8 years by the repukes needs to end, it weakens us as a country, and as a society.
LOL If the lefties wanted to avoid or end the division they wouldn't pursue agendas that they know cause extreme anger and contempt for them, like the AWB. On the thread oz in SC started about that, the lefties are all giddy and happy, about how they get to trample on gun rights. If the lefties would leave well enough alone on that subject it'd be a step in the right direction if their goal is unity. Instead they chose the divisive path, part of his agenda is precisely what helped get the dems kicked out of congress in 1994, and now they reap what they sow.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:22 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
We don't really have Red or Blue states.....we have the "United States"; and in those United States of America....we are all Real Americans and are Patriotic....and love our children and want good jobs and believe in fairness. There is far more that unites us than divides us. In every state there were some people who voted for McCain and some who voted for Obama.....and the difference wasnt that huge.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:25 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,871 times
Quote:
It's not the state, but those that are just making up the wildest crap, saying they will fire the liberals that work for them, using every derogatory term they can think of, and just lie after lie after lie after lie ................. endlessly that are being and need bashing.

The divisiveness created over the last 8 years by the repukes needs to end, it weakens us as a country, and as a society.
I have to laugh when I hear Dems blaming Reps for divisiveness. From my view as an Independent, I think the blame falls equally on both sides. I won't be holding my breath to see if Obama truly tries to work in a bipartisan manner. In order to do that he will have to kick Pelosi and Reid to the curb. Anyone want to give me odds on that happening, since he voted right on party lines 95% of the time during his tenure in the Senate.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:26 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There have been several threads bashing the states that went for McCain.
I've read many posts asking how people could continue thinking that McCain was the best choice for the country. People have pointed the finger at racism and lack of education as reasons.

Well, how about this for a reason? People in red states persisted in their negative opinion about Obama because it wasn't being refuted. Did the newspapers in Oklahoma endorse Obama? How about the television news stations? How many Obama ads were on television in Oklahoma or Wyoming? How many offices did Obama open in those states? How many ads did Obama place in their newspapers, how many flyers and other campaign literature got mailed to homes in the red states? How many calls did people get asking them to vote?

In the county I live, there wasn't a single Obama campaign office. The Democratic Party office had signs and stickers available for Obama and for some of the what, six other Democrats people could vote for. As a registered Independent, you would think that I would get at least one pamphlet in the mail about Obama's candidacy. But no, nothing. Maybe that ad in the paper, oops, no ads placed in the local newspapers...

People talk about how can people think Fox News is a valid news source. Well, it is a valid news source. O'Reilly or Hannity aren't newsmen, they are entertainers. Their shows are entertainment, just like The Daily News Show with Jon Stewart is entertainment. Entertainment that spins the current political news. Shep reports the news just like Katie. Why does Fox News have credibility in conservative areas? Because their newspapers, their local news stations, their mayors and local officials are right-leaning, too. If your local CBS affiliate out of Joplin, MO gives a conservative slant to the news, then their stories are going to match up better with Fox than with MSNBC. And if your local newspaper endorses McCain, it's going to match up better with Fox, too. So your local newspaper, your local news station, both agree with Fox. If CNN says it ain't so, why does your local newspaper, local TV and Fox all say it is so? And if these are local news sources, you're probably gonna stick with the conservative internet sources as well.

Obama's campaign was marvelous. Well-organized, well-funded, it decided on its strategy and carried it through. It didn't invest in places it didn't think it could win, or even if they could win that wouldn't add to the math. So those places didn't get the advantage of all the information people in battleground states or blue states had. They got all the McCain information. They got to hear about Obama's questionable associations, about Obama's lack of experience, about Obama's flaws. And they voted accordingly. They voted for what they thought was the best candidate according to the information they were given. Isn't that what everyone does?
Noone can debate you on this issue it is true.
These states have always been considered "Rep" states and the BO campaign decided it would do more good to go after states that were undecided.
This is where I feel you are lacking...This was a huge election, there was alot at stake considering the last 8 years, this was one of the most important elections of our time. With this stated one would be inclined to believe with the stakes being as high as they were people would be looking towards both parties, doing their own research, finding the facts out for themselves. There is no excuse whatsoever with the Internet being so readily available with political tickers, Bo had a web site and so did reps. AC360 was a excellent wource throughut the debates very unbias, "Keeping them honest throughout the whole campaign and beyond"
His show ran a couple of times nightly where all the facts and myths were laid out.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
My husband is a Democrat in a middle of the road state and he got very little attention from the Obama camp. I guess older Americans just didn't matter to the Obama camp.

As for a person being more intelligent if they voted for Obama--get real! The more intelligent people voted for McCain.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:42 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Noone can debate you on this issue it is true.
These states have always been considered "Rep" states and the BO campaign decided it would do more good to go after states that were undecided.
This is where I feel you are lacking...This was a huge election, there was alot at stake considering the last 8 years, this was one of the most important elections of our time. With this stated one would be inclined to believe with the stakes being as high as they were people would be looking towards both parties, doing their own research, finding the facts out for themselves. There is no excuse whatsoever with the Internet being so readily available with political tickers, Bo had a web site and so did reps. AC360 was a excellent wource throughut the debates very unbias, "Keeping them honest throughout the whole campaign and beyond"
His show ran a couple of times nightly where all the facts and myths were laid out.
I agree that the information is out there, but it does show a total lack of respect when states (and groups of people) are written off as unimportant. This is the first election where I have noticed this phenomenon and I have been voting for a number of years. As an Independent, I watched CNN regularly and read Newsweek every week to get the information that lead me to vote for McCain because I did not feel comfortable with BO's plans (energy, taxes, etc). Now I am left to hope that BO intends to be the President of all the states not just the blue ones that he spent so much time in.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:

Why shouldn't they fire the liberals that work for them? With the Affirmative Action President Elect promise to ruin businesses all over the nation, they will have to cut back and lay off people. Therefore, it seems only reasonable that the first to be made unemployed should be those who inflicted this terrorist loving, marxist mad man upon the nation. Besides, there is no law prohibiting discrimination based upon political ideology, and conservatives own the vast majority of the businesses.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Wasilla Population: 7000

Oklahoma City Population: 1,262,027

Oklahoma City is the 31st largest city in the USA.

http://www.city-data.com/top1.html

I cant imagine why he came here and not there for JUST those reasons alone.. wont go into the other reasons lol
Well, nobody ever claimed liberals were very bright. Last time I checked, Wasilla wasn't Alaska. The terrorist-loving Marxist never set foot anywhere in the state, and we are all very thankful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections