Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,572,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
NO!! he just said it! See my previous post...

NO STIMULUS PACKAGE !!!!!!!!!

"We are going to need to see a stimulus package passed soon." Obama at 3:01 EST.

"If stimulus package doesn't get done in lame-duck seesion, it'll be first thing I do as president." Obama at 3:03 EST

You might want to actually turn up the volume of your TV so that you can actually hear what he is saying. It really helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

68,277 posts, read 54,010,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I thought it was to start at 2:30. Is he going to be late to every meeting and press conference?

He's a benevolent man, he wanted to make sure the whiners have something to whine about.....................

5,524 posts, read 9,908,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
He was late to the few senate meeting he attended, so he is right on track.. We'll see if he shows up and votes "Present..!"
Now he can vote "President"

Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM

While the market has dropped during this press conference it started when he first said that Bush was President until 1/20/2009......hmmmmmmmm

<Sarcasm for those who don't realize it>

Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,909,953 times
Quote:
I just can't agree with anything Obama does....what is wrong with me? There is no need for that many people to be on stage. They need to be working....not standing
Stop the whining. Look, I have been scared of Obama and did not vote for the man.

That said, the man is taking the bull by its horns and I am glad to see that. One thing is for damn sure, Obama can at least think on his feet, something that we haven't seen from a President for the past 8 years now. I am watching the news conference and he sounds just fine to me. Give the man some damn credit. Hell, he is walking into a pure hell-hole that Bush created and he has a lot of work ahead of him. At least give the man a chance. So far from what I have heard, he sounds like he is trying to get things rolling just as fast as he can.

Now the idiot woman with the hurt arm has asked the stupidest querstion. Nobody cares if he send his schools to a private school or not. Sheeesh!!! I do wish the news media would get out of their damn slump and start asking questions that are meaningful. And then, Obama has continued on about the damn dog. I really wish the media would be more concerned about the important things in life and not the trivial crap.

So far, Obama sounds just fine. I am more than willing to give the guy the chance he deserves.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 PM

Did he just call himself a "mutt"?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:10 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,592,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

"We are going to need to see a stimulus package passed soon." Obama at 3:01 EST.

"If stimulus package doesn't get done in lame-duck seesion, it'll be first thing I do as president." Obama at 3:03 EST

You might want to actually turn up the volume of your TV so that you can actually hear what he is saying. It really helps.
Thank you. I was just about to respond to that

Old 11-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I just can't agree with anything Obama does....what is wrong with me? There is no need for that many people to be on stage. They need to be working....not standing
He is showing that he is not afraid to consult with "experts" in regards to the "crisis" this country is facing. Find something credible to have a problem with.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:11 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,909,953 times
Quote:
Yeah, like most Americans. he can laugh at himself and that shows a person that is better than someone like Bush and some others I have seen in my lifetime.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:12 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,592,773 times
Quote:
Yes, he did. As a 'mutt' myself, I am so proud

(NOT SARCASM)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections