Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,520,306 times

Advertisements

Isn't the promise of a stimulus package the kind of crap he spewed that got him elected in the first place?

I mean - 51% of America wanted what he was offering, I thought?

I was against the first one - and used it differently than how the guberment suggested. This one I am all for. America voted for more social programs, more wasteful spending, more crap that does not need to happen.

So I say go ahead, send me a check! That is what we wanted isn't it? For him to hold our hands? This check is just the beginning of sunshine and lollipops! Send me that check! I got some guns and ammo to buy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,721,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
No, but since we are going to spend the money, we should adjust our priorities to take care of things here.
You're right. The first stimulus did so much good we could use another one.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,169,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
IT didn't work.....and I honestly believe that GW did it to try to appease the economy for the election......

How could someone suggest this would work?????? and someone like me be able to see so clearly that it won't...

PS- Nancy Pelosi is ignorant
How would you prefer our tax money be used? I'm not attacking. Just curious what you feel would be a better use for the money.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:37 PM

714 posts, read 1,534,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
How would you prefer our tax money be used? I'm not attacking. Just curious what you feel would be a better use for the money.
Yeah my answer would be too long, in general I would cut the hell out of gov. funded programs that are worthless and help the industries to stabilize. That bailout package was too far left for me.....They didn't put enough provisions in it....Now the money is paying off bills...they are not loaning that money....

Truthfully, I would likely let the markets correct themselves, but I know that would devastate a lot of people. Although, the people it would devastate are SOME of the individuals that got us into this.....

Old 11-07-2008, 02:37 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,433,126 times
Borrowing BILLIONS from China to give out to tax payers so they can buy more cheap junk from China is simply stupid and fiscally irresponsible.

What is the advise of financial advisers for the last one. Pay down/off debts.

Mine is still in the bank, cause I was already debt free.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:38 PM

5,004 posts, read 7,844,078 times
what country has even spent its way to prosperity?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Oh it's not "our" tax dollars that just happen to be sitting around somewhere in Washington, they have to borrow the money from China or another country willing to lend it to the US.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
what country has even spent its way to prosperity?
We're working on it

Old 11-07-2008, 02:42 PM

20,391 posts, read 12,292,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Isn't the promise of a stimulus package the kind of crap he spewed that got him elected in the first place?

I mean - 51% of America wanted what he was offering, I thought?

I was against the first one - and used it differently than how the guberment suggested. This one I am all for. America voted for more social programs, more wasteful spending, more crap that does not need to happen.

So I say go ahead, send me a check! That is what we wanted isn't it? For him to hold our hands? This check is just the beginning of sunshine and lollipops! Send me that check! I got some guns and ammo to buy!
Certainly a large majority of those who voted for Barak Obama did so because they were looking for a government teet to suck on!

the only stimulus package I want is one that cuts corporate income tax to zero and eliminates capital g ains taxes for 2 years!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:42 PM

713 posts, read 1,859,927 times
Wait, isn't it supposed to be called an "inflation enhancement package"?

Glad I'm in debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections