Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:11 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,366,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Senator Joe the Plumber????? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,ha,

Wonder if he'll clear up that little matter of back taxes owed first???/
How dare you think paying his back taxes should take priority. Not only is this a man with priorities, he has lots of ambition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,391,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
We tend to get liberal or independent whackos up here in MN, not righty whackos.
You're right. They all come here .

Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 PM

289 posts, read 360,540 times
I can only say one thing here. This is what's wrong with the Republican Party. He received his 15 minutes of fame got a taste of it and now wants to run. This is a joke. But sadly if you look at some of the nit wits in that party their are a lot just like Joe.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,816,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
Joe The Racist is a better name for him
You base this on what?
Maybe that he dared question the Almighty Obama? Give me a break.
Just more proof that liberals, not conservatives, forever perpetuate racial tensions in this country. Democrats have to get the votes somehow, I guess.

Anybody who meets the basic qualifications to run for office can and should do so. Let the people decide for themselves if that person is up to the task.

Judging by what little I've heard Joe the Plumber say, I'd vote for him over Obama for president any day.

Obama seems like a nice enough guy, I just disagree with him. I hope that doesn't make me a racist.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,732,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Joe Wurzelbacher, the most famous plumber in America thanks to John McCain and Sarah Palin, told conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham Friday he's considering a run for Congress in 2010.
That would pit Wurzelbacher against longtime Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur for Ohio's 9th district on the state’s northern border, which includes Toledo and Sandusky. "I'll tell you what, we'd definitely be in one heck of a fight, Marcy Kaptur definitely has a following in this area," he said of the possibility. "But, you know, I'd be up for it."
Wurzelbacher's chances would likely be slim. Kaptur has served in the district for 25 years, and remains a popular figure there. She won reelection in 2006 with nearly 75 percent of the vote and is expected to easily sail through another reelection this year.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Joe the Plumber open to 2010 run « - Blogs from CNN.com

Give 'em an inch and they take a mile. This dim bulb isn't even smart enough to be a licensed plumber and he wants to do what?
Ok. First and foremost, what's his birth certificate look like? Once we figure that part out we can move forward from there.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:33 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Ok. First and foremost, what's his birth certificate look like? Once we figure that part out we can move forward from there.
If it is called a "certificate of live birth" or anything other than "Official Ohio Birth Certificate", and does not have a signature IN INK, I think he's suspicious.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,700,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
If only you could reach his level.... You're stuck at your current place in life, Joe is soaring....
Sorry....
I'm a hell of a lot more successful than Joe, thank you. Being a sycophant to John and Sarah is not my idea of a good time.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:53 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,825,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymew View Post
The only reason Joe is such a big deal, is because he asked Obama questions the media refused to ask...
Obama told him exactly what was already on his web site. This man fabricated a story (which is called a lie) about his income and the business he intended to purchase. His boss doesn't even make 1/2 of what he said he earned.

He has a lien on his home because he didn't pay his taxes.

He's been on welfare at least twice!

So this man is supposed to represent the average worker? Maybe the reason the Republicans lost is because Americans aren't as stupid as they think.

By the way, if he's such a hard worker putting in 12 hour days as a laborer, how the heck does he get so much time off to be on TV? This guy is a total fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Judging by what little I've heard Joe the Plumber say, I'd vote for him over Obama for president any day.
Did I just read this clearly? It's late, so I must be imagining someone actually wrote he'd vote for this nut.

From Fox:

Colmes: Well, let me ask, you were on welfare. Was that taking somebody else's money and giving it to you?

Joe: I paid into welfare. It's something to be used, not to be abused like it often is.

No, you do not pay into Welfare. So he has no idea what he's talking about. Plus he's a complete hypocrite. His family had to rely on government assistance, but everyone else abuses it? He doesn't pay his taxes and then he complains because Obama wants to cut taxes for the middle class? Someone tell me before I go crazy. Why would anyone listen to this jerk?

Last edited by justNancy; 11-08-2008 at 03:13 AM..

Old 11-08-2008, 07:49 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,578,376 times
I remember watching him outside his house the day after the debate ... I said "he's gonna be sorry." Unfortunately, like a neutered dog, he doesn't get it.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:00 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,366,847 times
ITA with all that you've stated just Nancy.

I also believe that every single one of the following were planted and paid to ask questions at McCain's rallies:

(a) the crazy looking old woman who claimed she couldn't trust Obama because he was an Arab;

(b) the black guy who stood up and started "begging" that McCain go after Obama;

(c) as well as Joe the plumber, who it turns out to be nothing more than a parasite

I will never be convinced that they were simply audience members at his rallies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections